PDA

View Full Version : Springfield Armory new polymer M1A replacement stocks

M1A Rifleman
06-25-2010, 8:59 AM
I read last night the finally Springfield Armory is offering new made polymer M1A replacement stocks in black, OD green, urban and real tree camo. Complete stocks with all metal are between $160 - $221, and matching hand guards are an additional $25. These are the same stocks on new made rifles, and they should be a drop-in fit for the older models. Unfortunately, no Marine Green camo versions similar to the McMillian Stock.

Does anyone have one of these new OD Green stocked rifles, and could you post a good pic with closeups - pretty please. :)

IEShooter
06-25-2010, 11:00 AM
I have a new, Scout with the black stock that I got in December. The criticism of the new stocks are that they are very flexible, which is true. They feel fairly rigid with the upper installed, but once you remove it for cleaning, etc., you'll see that the polymer stock is very flexible, almost flimsy.

Doesn't bother me, but I've heard others over at the M14 forum rail against them as they say they affect accuracy.

They are identical to the fiberglass ones as far as shape and color so don't expect any differences. Easy way to tell them apart is if you look close, you can see the fibers in a fiberglass stock where the polymer ones are very uniform with only the slight pebble texturing they give them. The fiberglass ones are also a lot heavier.

Regards,

John