PDA

View Full Version : Turners PPT

Papa "J"
06-25-2010, 7:39 AM
Anyone have any problems doing PPT on CA legal AR's at Turners??

salazar44
06-25-2010, 8:17 AM
I know they wouldnt do lowers as of a month ago. They may not do complete ar's either... despite being legit.

evidens83
06-25-2010, 8:19 AM
I called once and the guy was high on FUD so I took my business elsewhere. I dont know about nowadays though since they started stocking up on EBRs themselves.

Papa "J"
06-25-2010, 8:20 AM
I was in the one in Kearney mesa the other day and they had 8+ different complete AR's for sale. I would think they would do a complete rifle. I will call when they open.

bjl333
06-25-2010, 9:33 AM
Turners don't do PPT on AR's, I had the W Covina store call Corporate and they said "NO".

WhatsTCP
06-25-2010, 12:34 PM
Usually they will tell you that they only do PPT's on rifles that they sell, so if your ar is exactly like the one they sell they will do it. HOWEVER I have even heard of them denying ppt's on their own ar's. I've tried to do a ppt on a legal sks and a wasr ak to no avail.

SigEquinox
06-25-2010, 12:35 PM
Turners in San Marcos told me they wouldn't do PPT at all.

CSACANNONEER
06-25-2010, 12:36 PM
Usually they will tell you that they only do PPT's on rifles that they sell, so if your ar is exactly like the one they sell they will do it. HOWEVER I have even heard of them denying ppt's on their own ar's. I've tried to do a ppt on a legal sks and a wasr ak to no avail.

Wow, that's not what the law REQUIRES them to do.

Papa "J"
06-25-2010, 7:04 PM
Well just got back from the one in Kearney mesa and they did a PPT with a complete AR with bullet button, only $35

jermedic
06-25-2010, 7:11 PM
I bought an ar from a fellow callguner last month. I called the corona store to check first and they said as long as it was CA legal it would be fine. Got there and they said no way. We were told by the manager that corporate policy is no OLLs. We went across the street to Big 5 and didn't have a problem there. It was a Spikes lower and turners said since they don't sell the brand they can't do the ppt.

Maddog5150
06-25-2010, 8:12 PM
The persons who's name is on the FFL has the say so.
Papa J, Please remove your last post.
If you guys have an issue with PPTing an offlist rifle, please dont take it out on us, we are following the rules in which we've been ordered to follow.

Papa "J"
06-25-2010, 9:10 PM
I am not going to remove my last post. I am giving fellow CGer's info on actual facts that happened.

The store employee said they changed some policy as of 2 months ago. They will not do lowers, but only complete rifles that are CA legal with bullet button. They will not transfer new rifles that they sell.

So you can have LWRC sent you a complete new rifle and use turners as the receiving FFL. Which I personally have no problem with.

If you work for Turners maybe you should follow up on current company procedure before barking orders to remove posts.

If you have a problem with it don't take it out on us.:eek::eek:

The persons who's name is on the FFL has the say so.
If you guys have an issue with PPTing an offlist rifle, please dont take it out on us, we are following the rules in which we've been ordered to follow.

ke6guj
06-25-2010, 9:18 PM
Well just got back from the one in Kearney mesa and they did a PPT with a complete AR with bullet button, only $35

what, he should remove the fact that Turner's followed the law and did a PPT on a BB'ed AR-pattern firearm?

Why should he?

Capt. Speirs
06-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Turners in San Marcos told me they wouldn't do PPT at all.

Might want to let the DOJ know, they have to do PPTs upon request as far as I know. I will try to dig up the info.

shark92651
06-27-2010, 10:55 AM
Might want to let the DOJ know, they have to do PPTs upon request as far as I know. I will try to dig up the info.

Why would anyone want to turn in a CA FFL to the DOJ? Don't we all have enough obstacles dealing with California gun ownership as it is? The last thing we need is to start eating our own. Just go elsewhere for your PPTs.