PDA

View Full Version : Glock v. Sig Sauer Triggers

Mr_Monkeywrench
06-24-2010, 9:52 PM
Which trigger do you prefer? I have both. I like the trigger on the Sig when in single action, its smooth as butter. But I really like how the glock trigger resets. Its really quick. Personally Im leaning towards the glock trigger, I know I will catch A LOT of flack for it :D but Its what I like (for now. more trigger time will tell). Just looking for opinions.

Foriegn power
06-24-2010, 9:55 PM
Well I can honestly say I like Glocks trigger better. I think because I'm use to the trigger control on Glocks double action, seems more predictable to me. This is comparing a 220 to a G21. And for me I prefer the Glock, but I'm not done with trying out other single action pistols such as the 1911 and browning. But for now all I can shoot well is Glocks.

jmzhwells
06-24-2010, 9:58 PM
Sig SRT is amazing. The single after reset is so soft smooth and beautiful you wont believe it, but you have to try it. Its worth the extra 100$.

Mr_Monkeywrench
06-24-2010, 9:59 PM
I feel that. I took a handgun class with a G21 and It was disgustingly simple and effective. My P228 is fun to shoot, but I just feel like the trigger just has too much play in it.

Mr_Monkeywrench
06-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Sig SRT is amazing. The single after reset is so soft smooth and beautiful you wont believe it, but you have to try it. Its worth the extra 100$.

Interesting. Can you expound a bit on this?

Black Majik
06-24-2010, 10:06 PM
Glock trigger is my preference. I have decent experience with both, shot many of Bruce/Scott's creations from Grayguns. Shot with the SRT as well.

Both triggers are very different. Standard DA/SA, the DA is usually smooth and shorter in travel than other DA/SA guns (such as Beretta's 92FS). The SA trigger is also usually pretty good, minimal creep and not as crunchy feeling. The disadvantage? The accompanying side effect of DA/SA guns, long slack, and long reset. The SRT helps dramatically.

The Glock trigger sucks when it is in stock form. However, the characteristic is one of the best features of Glock. Short slack, very short reset makes it a win, win when the trigger is lightened (for the cost of an average lunch).

However, neither beats the SIG X5 trigger. That is holy **** good. Along with the weight similar to a Heineken mini keg, that gun is just pure bliss.

In the end, I think Glock's trigger still wins my heart.

jmzhwells
06-24-2010, 10:07 PM
The sig SRT (Short Reset Trigger). Its a common double/single, but the reset is way better. The normal sig reset, to me, feels weird. There is no pressure to reset the trigger so you are forced to let off a lot. But with the SRT you barely let off and its ready to go again, and the single action trigger is so smooth and light. The first pull is traditional sig, but after that stand by for sweetness.

BTW this is not the sig short trigger. So beware, there is a difference. Sig X5 is SRT I believe.

mrlightning559
06-24-2010, 10:08 PM
I'm new to guns but I have a buddy who explained shooting then feeling the sear reset and shooting from there when I'm shooting my usp in SA and pull off the reset it feels like 2 lbs

qua77ro
06-24-2010, 10:15 PM
If you like sig's SRT, if you're looking into a match gun (IDPA) do a search for grayguns ;)

FUBAR
06-24-2010, 10:20 PM
Glock trigger for me. Same trigger pull from the first to the last. I also like the trigger reset. Very easy gun to get proficient with.

Mr_Monkeywrench
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
I'm new to guns but I have a buddy who explained shooting then feeling the sear reset and shooting from there when I'm shooting my usp in SA and pull off the reset it feels like 2 lbs

Yeah, I learned that at the class I took. it makes a world of difference. My follow up shots were phenomenal. by the end of the second day, I was able to pull off controlled pairs with decent speed with 1" groups @ 7yrds

nick
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
I prefer the Glock trigger. I tried several SIGs and liked everything but the trigger.

l8apex
06-24-2010, 11:19 PM
I like both. However the Sig needs some work for me to like it, I've sent a 226 to Robar and a 229 SAS Gen2 is on it's way to Bruce Gray for work. Out of the box for Sig, the SRT is great. Out of the box, Glock > Sig - YMMV.

With that said, nothing compares to the 1911 platform as far as triggers are concerned.

map
06-24-2010, 11:29 PM
One more vote for the Glock.

patriot_man
06-24-2010, 11:41 PM
sig hands down

norcal77
06-24-2010, 11:54 PM
Not a choice...but the HK LEM trigger...I've tried them all and this is the one I settled on.

Black Majik
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
Not a choice...but the HK LEM trigger...I've tried them all and this is the one I settled on.

Heh, that was probably one of the worst triggers I've had the pleasure of experiencing. Oddly enough, it was the smoothest light DAO trigger I ever felt since it was a border patrol's beat up P2000, but the trigger system itself, not a fan.

faterikcartman
06-24-2010, 11:57 PM
Sig.

FS00008
06-25-2010, 12:08 AM
Sig.

jumpthestack
06-25-2010, 12:18 AM
Glock. I always prefer a trigger that's the same each time vs a DA/SA. Getting good at two separate trigger pulls (however nice they may be) and transitioning between them is too much work, and puts you at a disadvantage compared to someone who spent the same amount of time working on practicing only one trigger pull.

I have a P220 with the SRT and SIG's 'action enhancement package' trigger job. Both the DA and SA trigger pulls feel great. But as mentioned I'm not a big fan of DA/SA.

Ultimate
06-25-2010, 1:04 AM
Sig SA trigger with the SRT is simply head and shoulders above the glocks.

The Sig's trigger break is also about 2 times more crisp and the Glock's trigger break seems sloppy in comparison. When you take up the Glocks trigger right before the break if you really check it out you will notice a little bit of extra trigger creep. It is that extra flex or creep that can deviate your shots by inches or feet depending on distance.

Even with expensive aftermarket triggers like the fulcrum trigger, the Glocks experience quite a bit of trigger creep.

The glock's reset advantage is COMPLETELY NON-EXISTENT with the use of the Sig SRT.

To put it simply, intermediate noobs will more likely shoot the sig more accurately because the trigger is that much better.

While more advanced people can adapt to both.

I know that when I shoot my Sig it takes me a little longer to adapt to the Glock's trigger. But if I shoot the glock first, when I shoot the sig I seem like a pro in comparison.

Despite this neither can really touch a Kimber Custom 2 stock trigger on a well broken in gun. :D

hybridatsun350
06-25-2010, 3:59 AM
Definitely Glock. It's easy and cheap to really improve it, and it's exactly the same every time you pull the trigger.

Simply comparing the SIG SA to the Glock trigger is ridiculous. Do you just completely avoid dealing with the DA trigger? :rolleyes:

cineski
06-25-2010, 6:58 AM
Glock. Constant triggers are the best for combat situations.

Mr_Monkeywrench
06-25-2010, 9:37 AM
Where can I get The Short Action Trigger kit? I checked Midway USA and Brownells, and neither had it

drunktank
06-25-2010, 9:37 AM
I'm missing something here. (I'm serious)

On a glock, you insert mag, rack slide/chamber a round. Gun is ready to fire.

On a Sig, you insert mag, rack slide/chamber a round. Gun is ready to fire in SA. If you desire to decock it, then you have the option of DA also.

People see the Sig as a disadvantage because you have the option of having two different trigger pulls, vs. the glock's one?

The argument I can see is that it's not safe to carry the Sig cocked and loaded in a holster, whereas it's safe for a glock. Although, this contradicts a similar post the other day where any gun can have a ND if it's cocked with a round in the chamber with no external safety.

So basically, to my untrained eye, it seems like the Glock "only" has 1 trigger pull by design. Yet, the Sig seems "bad" because it was designed to give you the option of two trigger pulls (since there's no external safety and designed to be carried decocked). Hmm maybe I answered my own question!

jrara
06-25-2010, 9:48 AM
I would say glock for me.

Much more accurate with a glock than my p228 (which I am gonna regret selling).

DannyZRC
06-25-2010, 2:30 PM
I'm missing something here. (I'm serious)

On a glock, you insert mag, rack slide/chamber a round. Gun is ready to fire.

On a Sig, you insert mag, rack slide/chamber a round. Gun is ready to fire in SA. If you desire to decock it, then you have the option of DA also.

People see the Sig as a disadvantage because you have the option of having two different trigger pulls, vs. the glock's one?

The argument I can see is that it's not safe to carry the Sig cocked and loaded in a holster, whereas it's safe for a glock. Although, this contradicts a similar post the other day where any gun can have a ND if it's cocked with a round in the chamber with no external safety.

So basically, to my untrained eye, it seems like the Glock "only" has 1 trigger pull by design. Yet, the Sig seems "bad" because it was designed to give you the option of two trigger pulls (since there's no external safety and designed to be carried decocked). Hmm maybe I answered my own question!

A glock with a round chambered has more safety considerations than a cocked sig. A glock is safe to carry, a cocked sig is not, a decocked sig is more safe to carry than a glock. each gun has only 1 state of safe carry.

the sig does not give you options, there is only one way to operate it. Just like a glock. It's just that the one way to operate a sig is more complicated, with attendant advantages and disadvantages.

side note: I'm also a big fan of the HK LEM, which I chose.

drunktank
06-25-2010, 3:47 PM
Thanks for the reply. I like the HK's as well, but I'm biased towards them.

As for me mentioning options on the Sig, I should have been more clear. For me, it's range use and I shoot/practice both SA and DA, thus that's what I meant about options. I see what you mean though now and it makes a lot of sense.

Brian2217
06-25-2010, 3:55 PM
That's easy, GLOCK. :43:

Critter
06-25-2010, 4:55 PM
I prefer the Sig. Glock triggers are too spongy.

sootytom
06-26-2010, 12:27 PM
your comparing apples to oranges the sig is great in single action at the range but self def.use the 1st double act. pull with follow up single act pulls WILL SCREW YOU UP unless you train with it A LOT why bother JUST USE A GLOCK same trigger every time,quick reset for follow up shots ya it's a little spongey but after a while it feels normal. it's a much safer trigger for self def. than the single act sig trigger. the price difference between the 2 you can buy a glock 2000-3000 rounds for the price of a sig easy choice
glock A++

Mr_Monkeywrench
06-26-2010, 12:37 PM
your comparing apples to oranges the sig is great in single action at the range but self def.use the 1st double act. pull with follow up single act pulls WILL SCREW YOU UP unless you train with it A LOT why bother JUST USE A GLOCK same trigger every time,quick reset for follow up shots ya it's a little spongey but after a while it feels normal. it's a much safer trigger for self def. than the single act sig trigger. the price difference between the 2 you can buy a glock 2000-3000 rounds for the price of a sig easy choice
glock A++

Well, if you practice proper trigger press and only release the trigger far enough to reset, you will shoot proficient with whatever firearm you are using. Sure every gun has its own nuances but after a few rounds, you will have the hang of it. Now the only thing That I have a quasi issue with is the length of Trigger reset in the Sig. Ive been looking online and it looks like the only place I can get SRT is directly from Sig. Please correct me if I can get it from another source.

tbhracing
06-26-2010, 12:53 PM
I have both. I like the trigger on the Sig when in single action, its smooth as butter. But I really like how the glock trigger resets. Its really quick.

OP- I have both and you just answered for me with the above statement. Love them both.

jdg30
06-26-2010, 3:28 PM
You can't really compare Glock's trigger to Sig's. They are two different systems. You either like one or the other, or maybe both. Just because someone says Sig is better or Glock is better doesn't mean it is so, it's just their preference of trigger systems. Either one is good if you practice and become proficient at operating it.

I personally prefer Glock triggers over Sig. I own several Glocks and used to have a SigPro 2340 and P229. I liked shooting the Sigs but found it easier for me to practice with the Glock DAO trigger system only, so I got rid of the Sigs for simplicity. I like how the Glock trigger has a short reset; it makes it easy for fast follow up shots and you don't have to fully let out the trigger before firing it again. I feel very comfortable carrying a loaded Glock in a holster with a round in the chamber. It is not going to go off unless you deliberately pull the trigger. Likewise, I would feel perfectly comfortable carrying a loaded Sig in a holster with one in the chamber as long as the hammer is decocked.

tbhracing
06-26-2010, 3:57 PM
I personally prefer Glock triggers over Sig. I own several Glocks and used to have a SigPro 2340 and P229. I liked shooting the Sigs but found it easier for me to practice with the Glock DAO trigger system only, so I got rid of the Sigs for simplicity. I like how the Glock trigger has a short reset; it makes it easy for fast follow up shots and you don't have to fully let out the trigger before firing it again. I feel very comfortable carrying a loaded Glock in a holster with a round in the chamber. It is not going to go off unless you deliberately pull the trigger. Likewise, I would feel perfectly comfortable carrying a loaded Sig in a holster with one in the chamber as long as the hammer is decocked.

Also very well said. I have both and more used to the Glock trigger. But then I always wanted a SIG set (P226/P228) and collected them along the way.

Now, I am used to the Glock, but love the SIG feel. Again, I am just stuck in the middle.

Add- I do like the solid, consistent trigger pull of the Glock. But the SIG is livable as well.

AlliedArmory
06-26-2010, 3:59 PM
I have owned both. I am just not a taker of the SA/DA trigger. I prefer Glock

orangeusa
06-26-2010, 4:25 PM
A glock with a round chambered has more safety considerations than a cocked sig. A glock is safe to carry, a cocked sig is not, a decocked sig is more safe to carry than a glock. each gun has only 1 state of safe carry.

the sig does not give you options, there is only one way to operate it. Just like a glock. It's just that the one way to operate a sig is more complicated, with attendant advantages and disadvantages.

side note: I'm also a big fan of the HK LEM, which I chose.

I'd have to argue this point. You have flaws in your post.
1. Nobody holsters a 'cocked' - i.e. hammer back DA/SA pistola. The hammer must be decocked/down or you will shoot yourself in the foot. That's why the DA/SA fans say 'embrace the first DA shot'.

2. Glocks/XD's - striker fired - still has some AD's if the trigger gets snagged - rare, but happens.

Given that, you can be trained/learn to master either trigger. I prefer the DA/SA and taking up the slack is automatic for me... To each his own.

BUT - these are designed in differences. Some - like the military require a 'safety'. Most LEO's prefer the trigger safety - striker fired.

Both have their functions and have folks on both sides with their favorites, but it is APPLES vs ORANGES.

subin
06-26-2010, 8:31 PM
I had both, but now, I still have my Golck(s) and no longer have any Sig (except the 1911). Nothing wrong with Sig, I just like the Glock and 1911 trigger better.
The XD 45 I have has the Springfield carry trigger job, but I am still better with the stock Glock trigger.