PDA

View Full Version : WOW!!! AIM surplus is practically giving receivers away!

bombadillo
06-24-2010, 9:35 PM
http://www.aimsurplus.com/product.aspx?item=F1SASL&search=receiver

https://www.aimsurplus.com/EOS/images/product/f1sasl.jpg

Firearm Purchase Requirements

Not for sale to CA.

Advanced aerospace manufacturing technology was utilized to produce the industries finest, forged Mil-Spec lowers. These receivers are machined on automated, cellular manufacturing system to produce a product of unequaled quality and value. These forged lowers will accept all standard lower parts kits. These have pictograms for fire control and are quality made using 7075 T6 aluminum and are marked "CAL MULTI" to accommodate most builds.
Item Name Item # Each Qty
Surplus Arms & Ammo LOW15 Stripped AR Lower Receiver

Now I understand that they don't ship to california, but there is the middle man option that you could go around to or have it shipped to a dealer in oregon then here. Its still going to be cheaper than a 150 dollar basic receiver elsewhere. Anyway, food for thought.

socal-shooter
06-24-2010, 9:46 PM
they shipped ammo to me, why not a receievr?

06-24-2010, 9:49 PM
Great Deal..>

Give them the finger and shop Rifle Gear...or the gazillion other CA friendly shops...

NorcalGSG
06-24-2010, 9:52 PM
Just think how cheap they'd be if they weren't all regulated and junk!

Fot
06-24-2010, 9:53 PM
Think we have seen the gun bubble burst and prices falling back to near normal..

RedDawn
06-24-2010, 9:56 PM
Hoorah for the deal...Booo for the CA bashing.

slick_711
06-24-2010, 9:59 PM
Chinese receiver = no wantie

The gun bubble needed to burst, but at that price there's no way that's not a Chinese forging, possibly even machined there. That is a great price, but I'd still rather pay the extra money and buy in CA from a reputable US machine shop/manufacturer.

wsmc27
06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
fwiw...

We got a nice San Diego CA USA made JD Machine lower for under $100 a while back...even when they aren't on sale they are a great deal. IMHO.

;)

Vtec44
06-24-2010, 10:02 PM
It looks US made from the manufacturing info. However, since they don't support CA I rather buy from one of the vendors here.

CalNRA
06-24-2010, 10:07 PM
dude, for you guys in NorCal Golden State Tac is still selling Spikes for 89.99 a piece. Go support a local dealer and all that...

joelogic
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
Do these guys ship to CA?
http://jsgunparts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_53&products_id=629&zenid=586482f56b1ca9b5c646ef8637e06010

slomofo
06-24-2010, 10:11 PM
dude, for you guys in NorCal Golden State Tac is still selling Spikes for 89.99 a piece. Go support a local dealer and all that...

Spike's is in Florida, why don't you support a CA lower manufacturer?

savasyn
06-24-2010, 10:18 PM
I have to agree, why bother with them when you can get two JD Machine lowers for $200 ($119 for the first one, $80 for the 2nd) from Rifle Gear?

I took advantage of their overrun sale a while back and got a couple of the JD lowers for $90 each. Couldn't pass that up!

CSACANNONEER
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM
There's a FFL in Ventura who advertised $95 lowers here. Oh, that $95 was after tax and DROS. You're not going to find anything much cheaper than that.

bigian
06-24-2010, 10:35 PM
Was that @ Uncle Pauls?

bigian
06-25-2010, 12:51 AM
+1 for JD Machine and Riflegear...

rascalgto
06-25-2010, 8:04 AM
Do these guys ship to CA?
http://jsgunparts.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=15_53&products_id=629&zenid=586482f56b1ca9b5c646ef8637e06010
yes they do i bought 2 receivers from them

faterikcartman
06-25-2010, 8:49 AM
Good Lord! I think I would be sick if I found my receipts for the five off list receivers I bought back when OOLs first got started. How times change.

CSACANNONEER
06-25-2010, 8:52 AM
Was that @ Uncle Pauls?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=311367

Sunday
06-25-2010, 9:00 AM
Just think how cheap they'd be if they weren't all regulated and junk! The word is gouged

bombadillo
06-25-2010, 9:14 AM
I wrote them a nasty letter and they responded back to me that they would like to ship to california but since people unknowingly got in trouble for assembling and not using a bullet button, they have since stopped shipping here. They actually used the right terminology and everything so I assume they at least do roughly know what the laws are here. Its a shame.

CSACANNONEER
06-25-2010, 9:32 AM
I wrote them a nasty letter and they responded back to me that they would like to ship to california but since people unknowingly got in trouble for assembling and not using a bullet button, they have since stopped shipping here. They actually used the right terminology and everything so I assume they at least do roughly know what the laws are here. Its a shame.

You should have written them an informative letter instead of a nasty one. But, at least they replied and informed you that while they understand that they can legally ship them here, they choose not to. I don't agree with their decission but, I have to respect their right to run their bussiness how they see fit to run it.

bombadillo
06-25-2010, 9:41 AM
You should have written them an informative letter instead of a nasty one. But, at least they replied and informed you that while they understand that they can legally ship them here, they choose not to. I don't agree with their decission but, I have to respect their right to run their bussiness how they see fit to run it.

It wasn't really all that bad, I just explained what a loss they are taking with such a huge customer base over here and generally described the rules of dealing with paperwork and it not being all that bad. I talked a little bit about California's gun rights and being in the fight. I guess looking back it really was more informative than nasty, but I wanted to let them know what a huge loss they were potentially taking. I don't agree with them but as you said, it is their right.

MissionMTMan
06-25-2010, 12:37 PM
It's okay guys, you don't want one of those lowers anyways. Read up on the on google. They are made out of spec and the tolerances are nothing to write home about. Spend the extra for a lower that is made by one of the 3 big forging companies.

Those spikes are a great deal. Plus the roll mark is Tacti-cool.

Lex
06-25-2010, 12:49 PM
CALIFORNIA CUSTOMERS: Handgun sales only to "01" Dealer FFL, handguns must be on the California approved list however &R Handguns can be shipped to 01 Dealers. No High Capacity magazine sales, No Assault Weapon sales. C&R Licensees may purchase C&R rifles only if made prior to 1955 regardless if the rifle appears on the federal C&R list. All CA Dealers must give us their CFD# before ordering. Check for other Local & State laws before ordering.

It said no AW... not AW parts...

CSACANNONEER
06-25-2010, 12:56 PM
It said no AW... not AW parts...

So what is your point? No one, including AIMS is calling this an AW or an "AW part". AIMS just has chosen not to ship these to CAlifornia. It is their RIGHT to run their bussiness any way they want to.

msand951
06-25-2010, 1:03 PM
That sucks that they dont ship to CA. I emailed asking why, because i wanted 2 spikes lowers. They told me because awhile back they shipped to CA and a CA customer made a illegal setup and they got in trouble somehow.:shrug:

I agree with buying from a local shop. But the nearest shops close to me dont have any good deals. And it would nice to be able to get some deals and save since im going to have to use FFL. Maybe someone can convince and explain the CA laws to AIM. They use to have "wont ship to NY " also but it changed.

CSACANNONEER
06-25-2010, 1:17 PM
That sucks that they dont ship to CA. I emailed asking why, because i wanted 2 spikes lowers. They told me because awhile back they shipped to CA and a CA customer made a illegal setup and they got in trouble somehow.:shrug:

I agree with buying from a local shop. But the nearest shops close to me dont have any good deals. And it would nice to be able to get some deals and save since im going to have to use FFL. Maybe someone can convince and explain the CA laws to AIM. They use to have "wont ship to NY " also but it changed.

Read the thread. It appears that they know the laws and have made the choice to not send these to California due to some reason other than California law. Have you ever gone into a store and seen a sign that reads "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"? Well, they have chosen to exersize that right. If you don't like it, you can either live with their decission, lobby the government to take this right away from American bussinesses and citizens or, start your own company and run it the way you see fit to.

shark92651
06-25-2010, 6:03 PM

I guess they don't ship shotguns to people that own hacksaws either :rolleyes:

I call :icon_bs: on that story - who got in trouble? What, are they mailing them straight to non-dealers now? It's fine if they have a policy against it, but I'm not buying the "some of our customers got in trouble" story.

Don29palms
06-25-2010, 8:29 PM
www.rguns.net has Delaware Machinery lowers for $65.00 plus $20.00 shipping and they will ship to California.

gunenvy
06-25-2010, 9:13 PM
The guys at AIM are really knowledgeable and fair but they do have oddities sometimes with what they ship. For instance the Suomis they had with 75 round drums, they wouldnt ship inside Ohio because we have a 31 round limit in some arcane piece of the Ohio revised code that if you load over 30 its bad, but the drum itself isnt illegal.

thayne
06-25-2010, 9:23 PM
Great Deal..>

Give them the finger and shop Rifle Gear...or the gazillion other CA friendly shops...
Yep, screw CA bashers!

sevensix2x51
06-25-2010, 10:17 PM
aim surplus is good people. i have never had a problem with them in over a dozen transactions. their invoice serial numbers always match the rifles they send, they run a tight ship, and they ship my c&r's in a timely fashion. so they dont sell that crappy lower here, so what? they still ship ammo here, they still put mosins on my doorstep, and they still support my rkba, even if they are timid about ca AW legislation. bash all you want. they still are going to get my continued business, along with jd machine, riflegear and midwayusa. roundup ftw!

telcolineman
06-25-2010, 10:32 PM
A lot of FFL's will have you sign a waiver stating that if you illegally build it into an AW that they can't be held responsible, And they give you a copy of the flow chart as well

Hoop
06-25-2010, 11:09 PM
I'd rather spend another 50$ and get a Spike's Tactical, or CMMG from a Cali-friendly place. I learned my lesson on cheap receivers.

advocatusdiaboli
06-25-2010, 11:22 PM
Not for sale to CA.

This is Calguns, as in CALIFORNIA, don't post non-CA crap here--find a free state and post in their forums and let us wallow in our pain without taunting us.

msand951
06-25-2010, 11:28 PM
Read the thread. It appears that they know the laws and have made the choice to not send these to California due to some reason other than California law. Have you ever gone into a store and seen a sign that reads "We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone"? Well, they have chosen to exersize that right. If you don't like it, you can either live with their decission, lobby the government to take this right away from American bussinesses and citizens or, start your own company and run it the way you see fit to.

Woops , I just scanned thru the thread i missed the other post of people emailing them. My fault. But there no need to get uptight and get your panties in a bunch.

msand951
06-25-2010, 11:39 PM
DSA has blemished receivers for 60. shipped to CA around $64. I dont have any experience or seen the quality for myself on them so any input would be good. I googled and read mixed reviews from there older lowers to there newer ones.
http://www.dsarms.com/DSA-ZM4-Stripped-Lower-Receiver---DSZM4R/productinfo/DSZM4RBLM/

but they aren't multi cal.

Q
06-25-2010, 11:48 PM
Looks like a Tactical Machining lower with surplus written around the logo.:D

bigian
06-25-2010, 11:57 PM
All I know is that my JD Machine is a PERFECT fit and worth the 118 is cost me. Why try to save $20-40 to built your rifle around potential junk?

msand951
06-26-2010, 12:08 AM
Here the manufacturer's site
https://surplusammo.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=33&sort=20a&page=3&zenid=d3881a3dcb427191287ae37eedfc2148
They sell them for 75. And wont ship to CA eighter
I emailed asking why and if they would price match. It wouldnt hurt to ask you never know.

msand951
06-26-2010, 12:15 AM
All I know is that my JD Machine is a PERFECT fit and worth the 118 is cost me. Why try to save $20-40 to built your rifle around potential junk?

The JD machine Look good was it 118 with tax dros included. I would have to go to Rifle gear or SD to get one. its about 1.5 to 2hrs one way or more depending on traffic. Then go back after 10 days. PIRATE from CWS said they are picking up the tab the transfer fees.