PDA

View Full Version : OSX 10.5 can't play CDs need a CD player now

SOCMOB
06-24-2010, 8:09 PM
I guess I need a CD player, and need to find a fine piece of wire to eject the CD that my computer's swallowed up. Won't play under iTunes and my computer, a 5-year old iBook, doesn't have a CD player program like my old faithful blue and white G3 did.

Time to start looking at garage sales and thrift stores for a CD player I guess.

nmerced
06-24-2010, 8:20 PM
Even if you press the eject button?

SOCMOB
06-24-2010, 8:21 PM
OK there's no pinhole to use a small wire or paperclip to eject the disk, and asking iTunes to eject it 23 times doesn't work, I suppose if I really need the disk I can always prey the case open and do a bit of damage but get it out, it's not that important anyway.

But this is my run down on iTunes or anything modern: If I want to listen to the radio I listen to a goddamn ****ing radio. If I want to listen to a disk, well, I don't right now but when I have more room, will get a decent turntable and start collecting disks. The black shiny kind.

This is a small matter but one of many, many, MANY examples of why I am setting up my life so when the grid crashes and the modern stuff is gone, I'll be happy rather than being in anguish like most of you.

SOCMOB
06-24-2010, 8:22 PM
Even if you press the eject button?

There's no eject button on this ****ing thing I have to ASK using a SOFTWARE MENU is that ****tarded or what?

Yeah, I went to college. Yeah, if I had to, I can build a ****ing computer using NAND gates. You know what my favorite programming language is? Solder. That and other forms of hot lead,

SOCMOB
06-24-2010, 9:02 PM
OK I looked up how to eject it, I used the firmware eject.

I'm not putting a CD in this ****er again!

Time to find a nice desktop CD player to stack on my awesome 1978 stereo and listen to my CD in glorious mono (unless I get a 2nd speaker).