PDA

View Full Version : Re Dros

unixcock
04-05-2006, 2:31 PM
I have a good one for you all.
I am coming up on my 4th redros next week. So it will be a total of $75 extra bucks I am putting out for this lower that may never be returned by the doj.. Is it even worth it when the lowers are going for $95 bucks now. I know many other must be in the same boat I am .

1911_Mitch
04-05-2006, 2:36 PM
I would have cut bait a long time ago.

Go find yourself a different fish.

You may still get to fry the big one if DOJ ever returns your original catch.

grammaton76
04-05-2006, 2:42 PM
I personally wouldn't keep re-DROSing at this point. There's enough people and lawyers involved at this point, that I doubt re-DROS'ing will be necessary when/if the DOJ does finally cut loose. Just one last re-DROS if they do cut loose with the lowers... and even if they decide to screw you, as you said, you can buy a lower for the price of a few months' worth of DROS's.

shango
04-05-2006, 2:46 PM
Why 4 redros? What was the problem with the original? Just curious.

grammaton76
04-05-2006, 2:50 PM

Do a quick search for "milpitas" - the DOJ siezed a bunch of receivers, claiming that the FFL had a safe that was too small, then has been refusing to return them. The folks affected have been re-submitting DROS applications ever since so that if the DOJ does return them, they can pick 'em up right away and the DOJ can't pull a sneaky "we list on Friday, you can pick 'em up Saturday - oops, your DROS is expired, you can't have it at all!" maneuver.

tpliquid1
04-05-2006, 2:50 PM
\
doj took our receivers couple months ago, wouldnt give back yet. redros every 30 days to who knwos what ?

phish
04-05-2006, 3:18 PM
so that if the DOJ does return them, they can pick 'em up right away and the DOJ can't pull a sneaky "we list on Friday, you can pick 'em up Saturday - oops, your DROS is expired, you can't have it at all!" maneuver.

heh, the joke's on them since I've got plenty! :D

the Doublestar is just icing on the cake, which I will wind up eating too!

unixcock, if you haven't already, grab another one from any of the pushers, erm, sellers in the Bay Area

lots to choose from, don't be shy now