PDA

View Full Version : Make Calguns your friend on Facebook and follow us on Twitter

pennys dad
06-24-2010, 6:56 PM
Are you a Friend of Calguns on Facebook?
Do you follow Calguns on Twitter?

Hi Everyone

Make Calguns your friend on Facebook and follow us on Twitter.
Calguns is kicking off 2 new efforts to spread the Calguns word. With the help of 4 of our members AndrewMendez, Exposed, GreaseMonkey and Pyrodyne have revived the Calguns Facebook and Twitter pages
( http://www.facebook.com/home.php?#!/pages/Calgunsnet/230301820181?ref=mf )
( https://twitter.com/Calgunsdotnet )
It may seem odd or out of place to some Calgunners that we are participating on these types of Social Forums, but itís not uncommon for Calgunners to use these Social Networks in addition to the Calguns Forum to communicate. Social networks are part of the new age of communication; reflect back on the days past when the riots in Iran where ragging on and the government set a media black out. During those news black outs pictures, video clips, news reports and other pieces of information where seen and read about in part because of the use of Social Networks.
So now It is our turn! It time to spread the word that Calguns is here, we need to step out and talk about who we are and what we stand for, we need to show Californians and others that Calguns is a Community, that we stand for our Rights to Keep and Bear Arms, Education, Community and finally and possibly most important, that we are responsible Americans safely enjoying our Shooting Sport!
So, back to the opening question: Are you on Facebook and are you a friend of the official Calguns page? If you use Twitter, are you following Calguns?
Lastly if you are not a Twitter or Facebook user and never want to be, thatís ok, itís not for everyone, just be who you are, oh and wear a Calguns shirt once in awhile ;-)
Please contact AndrewMendez, Exposed, GreaseMonkey or Pyrodyne if you need a hand.
Please contact me (PennysDad) if you have some concerns.

Otherwise On Behalf of all the Calguns Community Chapters, C3 Leaders, C3 Coordinators and Regional Directors BigCaliDave and Myself (PennysDad), sponsored by Kestryll.

Thank You!

advocatusdiaboli
06-24-2010, 7:26 PM
eflect back on the days past when the riots in Iran where ragging on and the government set a media black out

You mean the CIA-funded instigators right? America loves democracy and democratic elections just as long as they vote to our liking (ask Hamas). But that's okay I still agree social media are powerful but like all powerful things they can be dangerous.

I know you said contact you, but I think a public discussion has merit so here goes...

Twitter I am fine with though I hope the frequency is small--legislative alerts with a tiny url, McDonald hoorays (we hope), funding needs, Oregon Sheriff in town (I hope) etc., etc.

Facebook I am leery of--I don't like that it exposes my personal life to potential employers without me knowing it and the negative repercussions of that are becoming more and more obvious--especially since CA is such an anti-gun state. My stand on 2A is my own private business until I chose to make it known, selectively and ad hoc. I know some people think I should be proud to assert my rights and will equate my wish for a bit of privacy as cowardice. It is not--it's pragmatic. I have a family to feed, I work in the tech industry where a lot of people are anti-gun, and I'd rather debate face-to-face than have them condemn me with me even knowing it based on a web page. People I work with know I am a firearms owner and in the NRA and CRPA--but I get to see the white's of their eyes if they disagree and that's important because it's a two-sided conversation and I get to explain it as a human being right there in front of them. Facebook gives employers a way to 'diss' you without you even knowing it and I don't want to be vulnerable to that. If I were in the firearms trade, a firearms lawyer, or lived in a free state etc. it's a great idea. But not now for me. People can make their own decisions but they should think carefully.

gtturborex
06-24-2010, 10:00 PM
Added!!!

AndrewMendez
06-24-2010, 10:10 PM
Jacob,
maybe we need one of these threads in the OT. We have had about 40 people join on FB. I will check twitter.

Lead-Thrower
06-24-2010, 10:21 PM
Thanks for posting this, I didnt know Calguns had a Facebook profile!

383green
06-24-2010, 10:26 PM
I used to friend Calguns on Facebook until FB's trend of repeatedly ignoring privacy preferences caused me to boycott their service. I also used to follow Calguns on Twitter, until Twitter's announcement of moving to an ad-supported model caused me to delete my Twitter account.

Both Facebook and Twitter are great in theory, but in practice I'll have nothing to do with them. I hope that something better comes along soon.

That being said, I recognize that both are popular services with people who aren't me, and I'm glad to see Calguns continue to thrive and grow in more venues. :thumbsup:

AndrewMendez
06-25-2010, 12:31 PM
You guys know you want CGN stalking you! Sign up!

383green
06-25-2010, 12:45 PM
You guys know you want CGN stalking you! Sign up!

LOL! :rofl2:

HunterJim
06-25-2010, 1:56 PM
OK, I am on Facebook, how do I friend calguns?...thanks...jim

stitchnicklas
06-25-2010, 2:44 PM
i added both pennys dad

D-Man
06-25-2010, 6:20 PM
Have both CGN and CGF on my Twitter account.

bigcalidave
06-25-2010, 6:33 PM
Everybody please RT and like the calguns pages!! Let your friends know what you really care about!