PDA

View Full Version : Winchester Troubles

sixtus
06-24-2010, 5:11 PM
A friend of mine was shooting my Winchester '94 and loaded two bullets into the loading gate, with the lever down. There are now two live rounds sitting in the action of my Winchester, the loading ramp above the rounds and I have no idea of how to get them out of there.

My experience with rifles is bolt action, but lever action is completely new to me, and I have no idea how to get those rounds out without completely screwing up the rifle. I've looked around the internet for help on disassembling a '94 Winchester, but in all of them, the lever was up, not down. I looked around for armorers in the South Bay area, and haven't found any. I also have very little money, so I couldn't afford an expert to take it apart.

I need some help here guys and gals.:kest:

AK4me
06-24-2010, 5:16 PM
I have a Winchester '94 in .357 and It does the same thing, If I load 2 or 3 rds its fine but if I load more then 3 it does what happened to yours.

Basically when working the lever to load the next rd the loading ramp lifts the next rd and before it gets in the chamber the other rds fall out of the tube jamming it up.

Since mine is .357 I just shake the rifle a little till they fall out. I wish I knew what was causing it so I can get it fixed.

Remus
06-24-2010, 5:26 PM
While I have no first hand experience with this problem it appears a similar problem has been identified at these community forums:

http://www.levergunscommunity.com/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=27469

http://thefiringline.com/forums/archive/index.php/t-114053.html

In both instances they state that the gun must be disassembled to clear the jam. You may want to post your question at either of these places for further help.

Good luck.

kendog4570
06-24-2010, 6:07 PM
Keep the lever open and make sure there is no round in the chamber. If there is it most likely can be removed manually. Pull the magazine plug screw, plug, spring,and follower, and dump out the round that is in the tube. This should free up the other round to either cycle throught he action, or dump out the front of the tube. If you still cant get it unjammed, PM me. I am in the Santa Cruz area and can help you out.
Ken

Chief-7700
06-24-2010, 7:45 PM
The 94 will have to come apart to remove the stuck rounds. It is not hard to do
just need a set of Gunsmith screwdrivers a couple of punches. PM or email me for more information.