PDA

View Full Version : magpul trigger guards pros and cons

jk025
06-24-2010, 3:59 PM
What are the pros and cons of the moe trigger guard and the enhanced trigger guard they sell?

upinflames2400
06-24-2010, 4:04 PM
I have the enhanced that came with the miad. I like the extra room it gives you but the bad thing about ordering it with the miad is that the enhanced trigger guard is part of the grip so say if you wanted to switch grips then you would have to get a different trigger guard.

NorCalDustin
06-24-2010, 4:05 PM
I'm not sure if any Con's... But the big pro is that it's so damn comfortable!! and You wont have a problem with gloves (great if you shoot in the winter time).

PEBKAC
06-24-2010, 4:06 PM
Pros:
-Gets rid of that gap in the trigger guard that can make your middle finger hate you.

Cons:
-Trigger guard cannot flip down like the standard trigger guard or the KAC/KAC styled guards.
-May require some trimming or filing to fit?

MOE vs. Enhanced:
I've heard the enhanced works better if you plan to use the gun in a carbine course though I cannot personally speak to this (I'm sure someone else will chime in). Both will do the same thing functionally just one is plastic and the other is aluminum, and the plastic is 10 bucks or so cheaper than the aluminum.

Noobert
06-24-2010, 4:06 PM
I'm not sure there are any cons, but the pros are it looks good, more room, fills the gap, and are not too expensive

OneApart
06-24-2010, 4:11 PM
I am currently running the Enhanced Aluminum Trigger Guard on both my 15's.

Last year I went out to some BLM land that was very cold!!! I noticed the biggest difference while wearing thick Thinsulate gloves, (I purposely brought the biggest gloves I owned for the purposes of R&D) I found that there was no issue with slipping my gloved finger in/out of the well with speed, snag free.

I like it, and will continue to replace the standard AR TG with the Magpul Enhanced, or the like.

jonni
06-24-2010, 5:48 PM
pro: it makes your ar look cool

con: you could have used that money to buy more ammo to practice and become better with your ar

gasol1ne
06-24-2010, 5:53 PM
the only cons i can think of are cost, and the loss of the flip down feature.

xxINKxx
06-24-2010, 6:17 PM
They arent that pricey...What 9 bucks for the polymer, and 20 for the aluminum..

I have the polymer version only because it was so cheap (its still very rugged and durable). I see no pros nor cons other then it makes the rifle have a better look to it (only reason why i got it)

My gloves fit inside the trigger area even with the standard trigger guard. Even if it didnt, I coulda fliped the original style down in seconds

jk025
06-24-2010, 6:58 PM
pro: it makes your ar look cool

con: you could have used that money to buy more ammo to practice and become better with your ar

its more of i built my lower this week and i got pissed off that the trigger guard roll pin wasn't going in at all and in my frustration i messed the stock trigger guard up. the rest of the lower went well though haha

xxINKxx
06-24-2010, 8:19 PM
its more of i built my lower this week and i got pissed off that the trigger guard roll pin wasn't going in at all and in my frustration i messed the stock trigger guard up. the rest of the lower went well though haha

Were you building your lower with this guy?

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=314951

lol jk...Just buy a polymer magpul trigger guard. I have one, its nice and under 10$ Looks nicer then the standard one

ArkinDomino
06-24-2010, 8:19 PM
I ran a plastic trigger guard (moe) in a class without any issue but I can't imagine why there would be. :confused:

The only con I can think of is that installing trigger guards tends to suck...

Noobert
06-24-2010, 8:35 PM

lol jk...Just buy a polymer magpul trigger guard. I have one, its nice and under 10$ Looks nicer then the standard one

:rofl:

savageno4
06-24-2010, 9:45 PM
What is the reason for flipping down a trigger guard? The only one I've ever felt the need to flip down was my Garand, and that was only to break the gun down...

Colt-45
06-24-2010, 9:49 PM
The decision here is polymer or aluminum. Obviously aluminum is more expensive but does that necessarily mean it's better? Is there no real difference?

evidens83
06-24-2010, 9:53 PM
No cons. Pros is that it looks good. Better fit when you use gloves. Its made by Magpul :D

shark92651
06-25-2010, 6:59 AM
I think the Magpul trigger guard is the single most "no brainer" lower upgrade. It's relatively very inexpensive, comfortable, and enhances the style of the rifle. The flip-down feature is not needed with the Magpul so I don't consider that a con. I would not build an AR without one.

jk025
06-25-2010, 3:22 PM

lol no i didnt get that angry...more of frustrated and then being defeated by a trigger guard

Crawfish141
06-25-2010, 3:26 PM
I have the aluminium model, I have found no con's yet (with the possible exception of price). The Magpul trigger guard is significantly more ergonomical than the standard version.