PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to come help me sight in 2 rifles tomorrow at Richmond Rod & GunClub 6/24

Daffsbro
06-24-2010, 3:47 PM
Anyone want to come help me sight in 2 rifles tomorrow at Richmond Rod & Gun Club 6/24?

I have a Russian SKS with a reciver scope mount and a S&W M&P15 with an Eotech and MBUS, I need to sight in both rifles and all sights.

If you will be in the area and want to help out let me know what time I should meet you there.

Its a good excuse to come shoot in the nice weather.

Daffsbro
06-24-2010, 5:43 PM
Anyone?

OneSevenDeuce
06-24-2010, 6:30 PM
You sure you want someone else zeroing your rifles? They will be zeroed to the other person's eye, not yours. Probably wouldn't affect the red dots, but still.

Daffsbro
06-24-2010, 6:52 PM
Well helping me zero in my rifles.

NorCalDustin
06-24-2010, 6:53 PM
You sure you want someone else zeroing your rifles? They will be zeroed to the other person's eye, not yours. Probably wouldn't affect the red dots, but still.

He probably wants a spotter.

Daffsbro
06-25-2010, 12:21 AM
Alright well, I guess I will try to do it myself, never zeroed a rifle before should be pretty easy I guess. We will find out. I will try to check here around 9am before I leave so if your planning on going post on here what time you will be there and I will meet you. (Also tell me what you will be wearing so I can tell its you)

NotEnoughGuns
06-25-2010, 6:02 AM
I'd love to help but I have to go to that damn thing called work today.
Start at the 50 yard line if they have one.
Take a spotting scope or binoculars.
Also different brands of ammo will have different impact points so stick with a single brand/weight.
Once on the paper, shoot at least 3-5 shots to see where they are grouping before making adjustments.
If your shooting Wolf through the SKS don't expect more then 3-4? MOA since the bullet and power weight charges are not very consistent.
You'll figure it out.
Have fun.