View Full Version : Two Great Days In a Row!!!!!

06-24-2010, 3:00 PM
Yesterday was a very good day! I got to pick up my Brand new meaning Never fired Sig P238, I got in a PPT from an LEO, Yes I paid a California premium but it is what I wanted. I also picked up my new Kimber Ultra CDP II. I sat at home all night just gloating, and well fondling these new acquisitions like a big kid.

But today was even better, as I took them to the range. I had expected a recoil problem due to their small size and all I can say is I was impressed, Both are so easy to handle and accurate nice tight groups for me at 25 yards. I will need to readjust the sights on the Sig, the Kimber was right on straight out of the box.

Overall the quality is exactly what one can expect from these two manufactures, I would like to see SIG reduce the trigger pull, they set the pull on the P238 at 8lbs, I’d rather see that somewhere in the 4-5 range more in line with the Kimber. I may look for an option to reduce that if it will not lead to other possible problems. I have also read it diminishes with more rounds down the pipe, I don’t mind that idea except for affording and finding .380 ammo as even with my big paws I found it a pleasure to shoot.

So the two things left on my want list are to begin reloading, and complete an AR. I know if I am going to get in to reloading I will only shoot more so I better just go for it, and I know if I complete one AR I will want to do more. I am seriously considering tackling an 80% lower to begin with only because I enjoy DIY projects.

Arghhhhhh…. CURSE YOU CALGUNS… with all the knowledge and support on this site one can only keep expanding the envelope of knowledge and personal development.

06-24-2010, 3:47 PM
I almost want to get the Kimber CPD II. It is a really nice one.
However, I wanted to get springfield professional first. Kimber CPD II is my next gun.

06-24-2010, 4:10 PM

06-24-2010, 4:44 PM
now those are some great days! congratulations on your new guns. good luck with the ammo too; finding good quality ammo can become sort of a hobby and will keep you busy for awhile; ask me how i know....

06-24-2010, 5:41 PM
Nice! Enjoy your shooters.

06-24-2010, 5:55 PM
Congrats! great day indeed!:p

06-24-2010, 7:45 PM