PDA

View Full Version : PSL zeroing issue.

safaridave
06-24-2010, 1:06 PM
Hey all,

I just purchased a new PSL-54c, took delivery of it Tuesday after my 10-day was up.

Great rifle, but i have some issues that maybe my fellow CG'ers could help with.

I am trying to use a laser boresight, a Bushnell one that fits into the muzzle... not a chamber boresight. The problem is, with both the iron sights and the scope the red dot is waaay low and to the right. Low enough in the scope that the elev will only go a click or two lower then its maxxed. Windage isnt *quite* as bad, but enough that it concerns me. The distance is around 25 feet, maybe a bit longer (hallway).

Any ideas? Is a muzzle boresight the wrong way to do this? perhaps the muzzle brake is causing the boresight to be off?

My AR isnt this off when i use the boresight... so I dont think its the laser itself.... but I am not writing anything off as of yet.

Thanks for the help!

frigginchi
06-24-2010, 1:11 PM
If you don't have at least 25 yards you won't even be close.

safaridave
06-24-2010, 1:36 PM
Hmm I guess its just my inexperience then. Sorry for the dumb question all!

ZX-10R
06-24-2010, 1:53 PM
First you need to learn how to calibrate that 4x Romy/ IOR/ Valdada scope it comes with. Download the PDF at Kalinka...

You can adjust the turret knobs by loosening the screw on top of the turret and setting that location that you have set as zero if that is the case. Same with windage. Careful not to loosen them too much but just enough that it will move the elevation or windage depending on what you are trying to set as zero.

Best once this is done, shoot 25 yards and set zero to where you have the most consistent group and make sure the turret for elevation is 100yrds and windage set to 0 by using screw method - You need zero. Allow for cool time since barrel is thin. Likewise with windage as needed. Once you have this set, this, take aim and 100 yrds and you should not be off by much and make adjustments with turrets.

Keep in mind the PSL will shoot flyers and will loose accuracy if there is not enough cool down. I am not one of those guys who wait 5 minutes in between but I do give it 30 seconds to a minute if I am going for groupings.

When I want to just shoot fast I pull as many times as my finger will go which is fun with a PSL.

My PSL is awesome. Accurate enough to have given me 1 MOA groupings and usually a 2-3 MOA group. I did have the cant fixed though and added a Harris bipod which is mounted on my wood hand guard. It is my work horse and only gets clean every other shooting...I know I need to clean it more. It is my favorite rife for sure.

Good luck and let me know if you need help.