PDA

View Full Version : magpul bad lever

tvfreakarms
06-24-2010, 4:39 AM
I was wondering anyone has any problems with the bad lever (lefties or right handed shooter. I'm left handed my self )? I've read that the mad lever doesn't fit well and some people said that it moved around to much, or some people when releasing there mag, their thumb would accidentally hit the mad lever and drop the bolt. Some also stated that drooping the bolt happens when you dont' expect it. :confused:
I wanted to get one because it would of been nice to have ambi bolt release.

ren
06-24-2010, 6:27 AM
i have no experience with the BAD lever but a few posters mentioned phase 5 product and said it was better.

scubamark13
06-24-2010, 7:07 AM
I have the BAD lever on all my rifles and have had zero problems with it. I have not tried the Phase 5 product so I can't give you any advice on it but I love my BADs

EastBayRidge
06-24-2010, 7:12 AM
Have one on my M4gery. So far so good - slight wiggle of the whole release (I think due to leverage) but seems otherwise solid.

joelogic
06-24-2010, 7:15 AM
With any change to your gun you must retrain with it. Lever works as intended.

pacrimguru
06-24-2010, 7:37 AM
regardless of which lever you go with, you're going to have to get use to using it to get all you can out of it.

SuperSet
06-24-2010, 8:29 AM
I never got the BAD lever to work properly with any of my forged uppers. When they were installed, it would never go bolt-open on last round. It seems to be a common problem if you search ARFCOM for it.

twinjetguy
06-24-2010, 10:20 AM
I have them on 3 out of 5 of my builds. Haven't had one problem with them yet. I wanted to put one on my last build, but it is the Mega Billet matched upper and lower. It wouldn't work with the upper since it is so much thicker than your standard upper. Too much material around the release and it wouldn't allow it to depress.

They have worked perfectly on the other 3 that have them though. As for the wiggle, even if you don't have the BAD installed, the release has wiggle to it, add the BAD to it and it only seems worse because you are adding a lever to it. No more wiggle than the standard part.

ArkinDomino
06-24-2010, 11:34 AM
The wiggle comes from the bolt release lever, not the BAD lever.

dskell
06-24-2010, 12:08 PM
The wiggle comes from the bolt release lever, not the BAD lever.

+1. The lever works exactly as it's supposed to.

dieselpower
06-24-2010, 2:08 PM
some ppl report the paddle on their bolt release is thinner and the BAD didnt fit. This was news to me, but seems to be correct. Seems even Colt has made out of spec bolt release arms. Its solved by adding a little moldable metal to it. the stuff you buy at Home depot for $3.99. Turns into metal after being mixed and exposed to air.

The BAD is a great product.

killshot44
06-24-2010, 2:55 PM
If you're shooting lefty the lever BAD/Phase5EBR faces the "wrong" way for your trigger finger to use it.
Check Midway for a better ambi-bolt catch lever.

For rightys the Phase5 is the bombola.

AlliedArmory
06-24-2010, 3:06 PM
I have the BAD lever on all my rifles and have had zero problems with it. I have not tried the Phase 5 product so I can't give you any advice on it but I love my BADs

same here

The wiggle comes from the bolt catch, not the BAD

supertrooper
06-24-2010, 10:32 PM
same here

The wiggle comes from the bolt catch, not the BAD

+1. the BAD does not wiggle, the bolt catch does. and all the other problems posted above sound like opperator error.

bigian
06-24-2010, 11:49 PM
Love mine and I agree with the comments that the wiggle comes from the release, not the BAD lever

saki302
06-25-2010, 3:19 AM
Works great on my pre-2k Armalite :D

It doesn't take much getting used to either. A dab of loc-tite blue on the screw is a wise precaution if you're leaving it on permanently.

-Dave

zeus45c
06-25-2010, 5:18 AM
Magpul B.A.D. usage for lefties:

UyrC5mdY8og

evidens83
06-25-2010, 7:25 AM
^^ I'm a lefty and I do it just like that. No problmes whatsoever it does what its made for.

MissionMTMan
06-25-2010, 11:39 AM
BAD levers are good. Don't believe the propaganda. If you get a bad BAD, contact Magpul and they'll make it right. Very unlikely though.

Veggie
06-25-2010, 12:06 PM
After getting my bad I feel sorry for the 30+ years of servicemen who didn't have one.