View Full Version : N-frame revolvers and small hands

06-23-2010, 11:58 PM
Can anyone with small hands and an N-frame revolver please post up a picture of how you grip the gun? I have to shift my hand around to the right (I'm a rightie) to get good purchase on the trigger, but I'm not sure that's the correct way to hold it. I'd appreciate it if others could show me their technique, specifically your hand position on the grip.

06-24-2010, 12:17 AM
Sounds like you've got it correct. If you have wooden grips I'd change to rubber. It will always be too big you will just have to deal with it, or sell it.

But I can't shoot some small auto's because my hand gets cut from the slide.

Sorry just the way it is.

06-24-2010, 1:53 AM
If you haven't already tried one, checkout the Hogue Precision Molded Soft Rubber grip for your N-frame revolver. It has a cutout at the back of the butt of the frame, and it has a slim design -- which help for smaller hands. I have one, and I like it.

With best regards,

06-24-2010, 8:50 AM
Just go to your local gun shop and try out some grips, usually they have the Hogue display.

Call ahead of time and ask how many N frame grips they have, also before you buy make sure whether you have a round or square frame gun.

07-01-2010, 4:30 PM
This is pretty "old school" but so am I. When I carried an M25-2 on duty, I had the same problem. The solution for me was to use the standard service grips (not the big target ones) and a Tyler T grip adapter. I hooked the first joint of my index finger on the edge of the trigger and all was right with the world.