PDA

View Full Version : LWRC PSD Pistol

onequickshift
06-23-2010, 9:16 PM
1. Do you guys have these in stock.
2. Is it legal for me to use this in CA with a light mounted to it, and some kind of optic up top?
3. Is it legal to use afg or other grip on here as well?
4. If I move out of state I can use 30 round magazines like normal right? If I move out of state before purchasing can I get a normal PSD from you guys?
5. Is it difficult to convert and get atf stamp so I can install a stock later?

Am looking at this pistol, as well the other Spikes one you guys have for sale, but I like the flip sights on the PSD better.

Besides obviously I cant put a butt stock on it for now, anything else I cant/can do that I should be aware of?

In your guys opinion is this comfortable to use? The nub and the sling, or should I get a PSD Rifle, not a pistol? I am torn between waiting to move in Sept/Oct time. And get afterwards, or just get pistol sooner to play with, and later can use 30 round mags once I've left the state. I was looking at ATF forms and also the stamp for having a SBR. And stuck on the details of what I want to do.

I am in Frisco, so dunno when my work load will lighten enough for me to come down to so cal to buy just yet. Any info would be greatly appreciated!

Riflegear
06-24-2010, 9:01 AM
1) Yes we do have a limited number in stock, and they can be ordered as well.
2) It is definitely legal with a light attached and you can attach any optic you need to it.
3) You cannot use a forward pistol grip. Though the AFG is viewed by some as a technical exception, we'll leave it to you to decide whether or not it's worth the risk.
4) If you move out of state you must adhere to the rules of that particular state, and in most cases, 30 round magazines are perfectly acceptable. We're not sure what you mean by "normal". A normal PSD can be the PSD short barreled rifle. As a CA resident the pistol you purchase must be CA legal. If you are resident of another state, you don't have to buy the CA legal version.
5) The gun itself is not difficult to convert to add a stock. The ATF stamp usually just takes time... unless you live in CA... in which case it would take a big earthquake.

As for the gun, there's really nothing you can do to it except change out parts or add a flashlight and optic as you mentioned before. Absolutely no buttstock or forward vertical grip allowed. It's a good setup as it is so I wouldn't push it.

It is a comfortable gun to shoot, it just takes a bit getting used to. Definitely not the same as shooting a rifle or a conventional pistol.

onequickshift
06-24-2010, 9:11 AM
1) Yes we do have a limited number in stock, and they can be ordered as well.
2) It is definitely legal with a light attached and you can attach any optic you need to it.
3) You cannot use a forward pistol grip. Though the AFG is viewed by some as a technical exception, we'll leave it to you to decide whether or not it's worth the risk.
4) If you move out of state you must adhere to the rules of that particular state, and in most cases, 30 round magazines are perfectly acceptable. We're not sure what you mean by "normal". A normal PSD can be the PSD short barreled rifle. As a CA resident the pistol you purchase must be CA legal. If you are resident of another state, you don't have to buy the CA legal version.
5) The gun itself is not difficult to convert to add a stock. The ATF stamp usually just takes time... unless you live in CA... in which case it would take a big earthquake.

As for the gun, there's really nothing you can do to it except change out parts or add a flashlight and optic as you mentioned before. Absolutely no buttstock or forward vertical grip allowed. It's a good setup as it is so I wouldn't push it.

It is a comfortable gun to shoot, it just takes a bit getting used to. Definitely not the same as shooting a rifle or a conventional pistol.

Normal in comparison to the buttstocked version, the reason I ask is because I am preparing to move, I am wrapping up working here in Frisco and intend to move. I am a bit impatient and really wanted the PSD rifle, but if it isn't that hard to convert afterwards so I can comfortably use a butt stock than I might as well buy from you guys! FPG, is that just in ca or because the PSD is so small?

I originally was going to purchase a REPR after seeing it at the gun show, but after consideration and careful thought, I think I would rather have the PSD Pistol opposed. So if I end up waiting till after I move and switch states, new DL, and residency could I order a PSD Rifle from you guys? Or if I wanted to build a SBR could I get the upper and lower from you guys? Or just the lower? How would I do the reg. of the lower for use in a SBR? Before I buy from you guys or after? Sorry for all the questions, just trying to get all the info easily and quickly to make a better overall decision and choice.

If I reg a SBR designated lower, and I already bought the pistol from you guys, could I save $ buy using the upper from the PSD pistol on the registered SBR lower?

Thanks for answering so quickly!

Riflegear
06-24-2010, 9:38 AM
If you're looking for an SBR I can't help you. Even if you're out of state. At least for now. We might actually be able to send it to you in pieces but that's only a maybe. Given you'd have to establish residency before getting your tax stamp you'd have to wait regardless for the SBR version. But you could have the pistol for now.

As for the tax stamp. You could buy the SBR, have the dealer hold it, tax stamp it, and then pick it up. I don't know that you can "register" an SBR lower. I don't think it works that way.

onequickshift
06-24-2010, 10:28 AM
Ah ok! Thanks!