PDA

View Full Version : Bad day...AR lower DESTROYED

professorhard
06-23-2010, 7:30 PM
So today I was installing a Daniel Defense LPK into a Spikes Tactical AR lower receiver for my new build. Somehow when I was putting the MIAD on the pistol grip screw cross-threaded and completely f'ed up the hole that it goes into. I really wasn't even using much force but managed to really mess it up.

I tried to thread it back right but it just wouldn't work. This is where the bad things happened. I absolutely lost it.

The receiver was on an action block held firmly in place. I grabbed a large wrench and smashed off the buffer tube receiver loop. Then I punched a hole in the wall of my garage, smashed the lower some more with a wrench before taking it out into my side yard and smashing it to pieces with a sledge hammer. All the while yellig and cursing some extremely foul language. I grabbed all the pieces and threw them into the pond in my backyard but still felt pissed off beyond belief so I just started running until I came back to sanity.

I think I might have an anger problem or something and I really scared myself when I realized how out of control I was. In total I probably destroyed $300 worth of stuff for pretty much no reason. I just felt white hot anger and almost like I blacked out and lost all control. The last time I ever felt like this was when I was taking steroids years ago.

I'm ashamed of myself and my lack of self control. I don't know what to do to make myself feel better. Any help from fellow CNGers would be much appreciated

evidens83
06-23-2010, 7:32 PM
haha niiiice :cheers2:

shark92651
06-23-2010, 7:32 PM
Try this: http://www.angermanagementseminar.com/

Seriously, sorry you lost it as you probably could have just re-tapped it to a slightly larger diameter and use a new socket-head bolt from a hardware store. Also, the MIAD has some loc-tite on it that makes it feel like it is cross-threaded when in reality it is just super hard to tighten completely.

k1dude
06-23-2010, 7:34 PM
JB Weld and Valium.

:whistling:

jaustin612
06-23-2010, 7:37 PM
You need to relax man. I used to break stuff too. Then day I started thinking "How much is this gonna cost if I break it" before I threw/smashed/obliterated whatever I was holding. It works.

45R
06-23-2010, 7:38 PM
Sell all your guns and move to France..........:taz:

Anchors
06-23-2010, 7:41 PM
Yeah you need to see someone or get some help with that. Especially if you own firearms. haha. But I know what you mean. I would be incredibly pissed too if I f'd up a new lower. Especially having to wait ten days and all!

santacruzstefan
06-23-2010, 7:42 PM
I used to have to replace cell phones regularly, from the smashing... also, the sheetrock in my walls had a lot of dents in it. Then I realized it was dumb/ pointless to break my stuff when I was pissed, so now I don't. Breathing in thru nose, out thru mouth helps to clam down. Also, not freaking out in the first place. I just screwed a MIAD on the other day, and it was a pain in the a**. I think it was that loctite though....

ParallaxTactical.com
06-23-2010, 7:44 PM
The screw that comes with the MIAD is junk. It will feel super tight. You can just use the regular screw.

P.S.: Come in July when we have our FFL setup and I'll dros you one at cost.

NorcalGSG
This is disturbing. Its not that big of a deal, until you MADE it one!

rorschach
Prolly coulda fixed it with a 1 dollar heli-coil.

asme
06-23-2010, 7:45 PM
Call Spikes, I bet they'll replace the lower if you send the bits in.

They offered to replace this lower after a guy bandsawed it:
http://i39.tinypic.com/1t3g28.jpg

Granted, if you have that kind of anger you might be better off locking your guns away for a while.

Ballistic043
06-23-2010, 7:46 PM
i am sorry, but

The receiver was on an action block held firmly in place. I grabbed a large wrench and smashed off the buffer tube receiver loop. Then I punched a hole in the wall of my garage, smashed the lower some more with a wrench before taking it out into my side yard and smashing it to pieces with a sledge hammer. All the while yellig and cursing some extremely foul language. I grabbed all the pieces and threw them into the pond in my backyard but still felt pissed off beyond belief so I just started running until I came back to sanity.

L M F A O

you freaking kidding me? A tap and die set costs how much? 8 dollars at harbor freight. 10 minutes of your time and it would have been fixed!!!

BTW, pics or it didnt happen.

xxINKxx
06-23-2010, 7:47 PM
Hulk Smash...

This thread reminded me of this..

i5tWT6I1GvY

Lateralus
06-23-2010, 7:51 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y1L8uRApYeQ

Spyder
06-23-2010, 7:52 PM
I woulda shot it.

Fate
06-23-2010, 7:53 PM
Hulk smash

Winner!

45R
06-23-2010, 7:53 PM
I'm ashamed of myself and my lack of self control. I don't know what to do to make myself feel better. Any help from fellow CNGers would be much appreciated

Go to your primary care physician and ask him/her for help.

halon101
06-23-2010, 7:54 PM
seriously a 1/4 -20 tap is all you needed. it would have chased the threads clean and straight. 5 dollar tool at homodepot

Heavy_Grinder
06-23-2010, 7:56 PM
Your thread reminds me of when I was a kid and my Mom bought me a coloring book. I started to color then I let my excitement get to me and I went over the black line. I then decided to tear every page up in anger and so my Mother gave me an *** woopin for destroying the new coloring book she just got me.

AIMSMALL
06-23-2010, 7:59 PM
:nopity: Lesson learned??? I learned mine awhile back after punching a few holes in the walls, as I spent my days off repairing the damage I realized what a waste of time and money it was to lose my temper like that, I had to go to Home depot spend some cash there then borrow a texture gun from a friend and the repaint the entire wall. I felt pretty dumb and regretfull of my actions.

UserM4
06-23-2010, 8:02 PM
I just tell people that there was a tragic boating accident. This is awesome!

tomd1584
06-23-2010, 8:03 PM
i am sorry, but

L M F A O

you freaking kidding me? A tap and die set costs how much? 8 dollars at harbor freight. 10 minutes of your time and it would have been fixed!!!

Lol, i was thinking the exact same thing!

professorhard
06-23-2010, 8:04 PM
Thanks for all the adivce guys...I feel like such an idiot. little kid throwing a temper tantrum. I don't know what got to me because I've accidentally messed up more expensive stuff in the past and didn't trip out at all. Talking to my gf helped me calm down alot.

On the bright side this build will now be based on an even nicer receiver! Noveske? Haha

thevic
06-23-2010, 8:06 PM
i hate it when i punch things n break knuckles...

DD makes an lpk? any good? looking for. a better ttigger than my armalite 2 stage

VictorFranko
professorhard,
You have a pond in your backyard, how bad can life be?
That fact you recognize your problem and are man enough to come out and talk about it with 20,000 of your closest friends says a lot about you.
Screw the meds, have a shot of Tres Generations Anejo.
Suck it up, learn from your mistake and move on (forward).
When dealing with new gear, it is always a good idea to chase all threads before assembly (it might have been a bad thread in the receiver and not the screws fault at all).

professorhard
I knew u guys would want pics but the only piece that's left is part of the loop that the buffer tube screws into, which broke off on the first hit. There's some dust and marks on the concrete where I sledgehammered it but the rest is at the bottom of the pond in my backyard.

professorhard
06-23-2010, 8:08 PM
professorhard,
You have a pond in your backyard, how bad can life be?
That fact you recognize your problem and are man enough to come out and talk about it with 20,000 of your closest friends says a lot about you.
Screw the meds, have a shot of Tres Generations Anejo.
Suck it up, learn from your mistake and move on (forward).
When dealing with new gear, it is always a good idea to chase all threads before assembly (it might have been a bad thread in the receiver and not the screws fault at all).

Thanks man

calibanman
The UFC is always looking for good men!

ProlificARProspect
This is some funny S**t, Man up... S**T happens! like others have said lesson learned, move on.

By the way I would delete you OP, you never know who might see this. Check your Temper, you loose it and you will do things you regret and can't take back. In extreme circumstances you also got to answer to the law... I know to many cases were good guys lost their temper to be now convicts.

Good Luck.

`

Richie Caketown
06-23-2010, 8:09 PM
The screw that comes with the MIAD is junk. It will feel super tight. You can just use the regular screw.

what do i have to do to get in on a deal like that :confused:

paintballergb
06-23-2010, 8:10 PM
You should take pleasure in knowing your agony made me laugh. Before you work on another lower I ask that you set up a video camera. That would be entertaining, as long as you don't break that too.

Ballistic043
you should have more to be concerned about IF this was a regular event. but it doesnt sound like that. so relax, laugh it off and move on.

i remember doing almost the same thing back when i bought my first electric paintball gun. you will love this

i got this reallllly nice Air tank adaptor for the bottom of the grip frame. its held there by two long thin screws. and the screws included were junk and didnt have good threading. so when i went to screw one in, it pretty much ate the entire 1/4 inch of threading in the aluminum grip handle. and i was so freaking disappointed. more so than angry. i wanted to just toss it in the trash. but after getting my head straight, doing some research, i found out i could just helicoil or re thread it to a larger size.

felt relieved after that.

look at it this way, lowers are at al all time low right now. cease the moment and start fresh.

fabguy
WOW, thats to bad.

eville
06-23-2010, 8:11 PM
you need help... especially if you have kids... don't teach them that anger...
I learned mine from my dad it's taken years to settle it.

thefinger
06-23-2010, 8:15 PM
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6567/1277001063275.jpg

porkchop
06-23-2010, 8:17 PM
http://img576.imageshack.us/img576/1715/drinkbeer.png

professorhard
06-23-2010, 8:24 PM

This is an extremely generous offer, you are very kind. However I do have a few other lowers but if I decide I need a new one I will definitely stop by the shop, and pick up some accessories as well!

WeekendWarrior
06-23-2010, 8:30 PM
My dad has the ultimate set of tools, I can fix it!

Freagan
06-23-2010, 8:31 PM
Oh man fish those pieces out and get pics for epic win!

Kerplow
06-23-2010, 8:34 PM
Prolly coulda fixed it with a 1 dollar heli-coil.

THIS

as i was reading your thread the first thing that came to mind was HELI-COIL....... and then i kept reading!

i understand your frustration but, man, you gotta take a deep breath and consult the forums before you go destroying your hard earned property.

professorhard
06-23-2010, 8:38 PM
Haha calgunners are awesome u guys give out good advice and also crack me up with the funny pictures and stuff you say.

All in all it was very stupid of me but lesson learned, don't think I will be doing anything like that again.

slamfire51
06-23-2010, 8:43 PM
I knew u guys would want pics but the only piece that's left is part of the loop that the buffer tube screws into, which broke off on the first hit. There's some dust and marks on the concrete where I sledgehammered it but the rest is at the bottom of the pond in my backyard.

GOT scuba gear??????????? :D

porkchop
06-23-2010, 8:43 PM
http://img707.imageshack.us/img707/2919/sawyerno.jpg

Prince50
06-23-2010, 8:46 PM
MAn! you went easy on the dammed thing. I would have melted it back into ore with thermite, but I tend to over react sometimes.

Nuke the site from space, it's the only way to be sure.

That story made me LOL. I have a laptop and a chainsaw that suffered the same fate, we have all been there Brother.

Darin

Go Packers!
06-23-2010, 8:48 PM
DUCTAPE fixes everything.

Get a dog. I believe a dog brings out the best in everyone. My dogs certainly have helped me become a better person.

As others have mentioned, seeing a psychiatrist is a great idea. No shame in seeing one either. More people have seen psychiatrists than you may think.

P.S. The story you wrote was unfortunate yet hilarious. You have a way with words. I could visualize the whole thing. Perhaps you could become a writer of some sort.

Droppin Deuces
06-23-2010, 8:52 PM
Hulk Smash...

i5tWT6I1GvY

AAAH!!! That's exactly what I was thinking!

As long as he didn't do what the kid does at 1:11...

Mac
06-23-2010, 8:53 PM
It happens. Forget about it and move on. You Nut.:D Just kidding.

Rob454
06-23-2010, 8:54 PM
Seriously
if you had this anger problem for a while then maybe its time to seek some help to control it. You can self medicate yourself. When you feel the anger come on just stop. Stop talking stop working stop everything. Step back and youre gonna laugh but think of something happy or nice. Color, flower, a image your mom dad family etc. After you feel the initial wave of anger pass then go back to work. Next time just slow down when you do something. If you are local i have the ability to weld aluminum if you want me to weld it up for you.

thayne
06-23-2010, 8:57 PM
You should take pleasure in knowing your agony made me laugh. Before you work on another lower I ask that you set up a video camera. That would be entertaining, as long as you don't break that too.

+1

Sorry, but I cant stop giggling. Reminds me of a buddy of mine who got pissed when a girl broke up with him he started punching a wall, then turned around and full on punched a concrete pillar. Broke his hand lol

jvpark
06-23-2010, 9:03 PM
JB Weld and Valium.

:whistling:

+1
it's fixeble

stitchnicklas
06-23-2010, 9:03 PM
move to the border and throw rocks......lol

zzekeman
06-23-2010, 9:07 PM
lol..I remember when I was younger, getting pissed off when I was working on a '70 Cuda that I had and pitched a wrench through the front windshield...;-(

Black Majik
06-23-2010, 9:10 PM
Here's http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/images/rating/rating_5.gif

professorhard
06-23-2010, 9:13 PM
lol I'm glad that some of you guys got a good laugh out of my sheer stupidity. It actually makes the loss easier to take.

Rob- thanks so much for the offer on helping re-weld it, very nice of you. However that thing is not only beyond repair, but also irretrieveable. I am just going to take the opportunity to do this build on a better receiver.

badfish71
06-23-2010, 9:13 PM
:chillpill:

Freagan
06-23-2010, 9:15 PM
Hmmm I'll just leave this here...

http://www.collegehumor.com/video:1937305

pyromensch
06-23-2010, 9:15 PM
i am sorry, but

L M F A O

ok you could have drilled it out, (made it non -standard, but usable), and retapped.

i had the same problem once, with a 64 rambler, strut bar bushing. the damn thing was welded on, and beat the hell out of it. but then again, it was "64" steel, and not aluminum.

CHS
06-23-2010, 9:16 PM
seriously a 1/4 -20 tap is all you needed. it would have chased the threads clean and straight. 5 dollar tool at homodepot

1/4x26 :)

But yeah, what he said.

That's it. Just a 1/4x26 tap and your lower would have been perfectly fine.

That's why I ALWAYS tell people when they are putting together a lower to SLOW DOWN.

Seriously, it's like a race to some people. And that's why they break off trigger guard ears and cross-thread pistol grip holes, and I dont :)

pyromensch
06-23-2010, 9:18 PM
lol I'm glad that some of you guys got a good laugh out of my sheer stupidity. It actually makes the loss easier to take.

Rob- thanks so much for the offer on helping re-weld it, very nice of you. However that thing is not only beyond repair, but also irretrieveable. I am just going to take the opportunity to do this build on a better receiver.

oh, if this "is amusing to you", kidding", then i will remove from your hands, any lower that you FU, and will supply you with a very "expensive" 2X4, to vent your aggressions upon.

mif_slim
06-23-2010, 9:18 PM
I haven laughed so hard in a hella ling time!! That hulk smash video is just hallarious!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Wth was he doing at 0:54?!? Lol I'm watching on my iPhone so it's blured. Lol lol lol lol.

imtheomegaman
06-23-2010, 9:19 PM
OP, behavioral therapy can be very helpful. That was a serious loss of control (given that you are not kidding) and after I stopped laughing -sorry bud, just a funny visual- I had some concerns about you controlling your anger while armed...just saying. You recognize the problem, now man up and do something about it.

Capt. Speirs
06-23-2010, 9:25 PM
That lower was totally salvagable before you smashed it, ever hear of "Helicoils"? Actually the helicoil would have made it stronger than before.

thayne
06-23-2010, 9:25 PM

But yeah, what he said.

That's why I ALWAYS tell people when they are putting together a lower to SLOW DOWN.

Seriously, it's like a race to some people. And that's why they break off trigger guard ears and cross-thread pistol grip holes, and I dont :)

Yep I just put mine together tonight and I took my time. I usually rush things, but I did this step by step and didnt rush it. I had no problems at all, not so much as a nick :D

thevic
06-23-2010, 9:35 PM
you got a cough? robitussin

broke your leg? robitussin

got cancer? robitussin

broke your lower? robitussin!

professorhard
06-23-2010, 9:39 PM
Since alot of you guys are recommending the heli coils I will definitely look into them and keep some on hand incase I mess up something like this again.

And no I'm not kidding about this but the more I look back on what I did the more I can just ask myself WTF were u thinking?! and I must have looked insane and really stupid while I was doing it. This isn't any kind of normal occurance or anything but if it does happen again I will be going to see my doctor to get his opinion on what I should do.

1911su16b870
06-23-2010, 9:39 PM
I've been there on a plastic 870/AR stock adapter. First go with the 1/4-28 tap to try to fix the existing threads. That didn't work for me on the plastic, so I helicoiled it to 1/4-20...problem solved!

crz
06-23-2010, 9:41 PM
I've punched holes in the wall,just wait till you hit a stud!OUCH THAT STOPPED ME FROM DOING THAT AGAIN.

killshot44
06-23-2010, 9:42 PM
The money you sent to the bottom of your pond wasn't wasted....you learned something about yourself and that's a very valuable thing. Posting here took courage, well played, sir. I'd recommend a professional for a little help but I don't know you so I won't.;)

But the mental image of somebody outta control mad, running out the back yard and hucking metal into the pond while screaming?
Well, that is GD funny. and I think I had the same poster you have

highlandarmstraining
06-23-2010, 9:44 PM
Since alot of you guys are recommending the heli coils I will definitely look into them and keep some on hand incase I mess up something like this again.

And no I'm not kidding about this but the more I look back on what I did the more I can just ask myself WTF were u thinking?! and I must have looked insane and really stupid while I was doing it. This isn't any kind of normal occurance or anything but if it does happen again I will be going to see my doctor to get his opinion on what I should do.

I'm not a doctor but I play one on the internet. next time you get the urge to destroy something beautiful send me your gun parts, and i will perscribe you a great solution.

vandal
06-23-2010, 9:45 PM
Wait... are you shorting McDonald?

pyro3k2
06-23-2010, 10:01 PM
All joking and kidding aside, You should try and fish out the pieces of the lower, mount them on piece of ply wood as a reminder of why you shouldn't let emotions dominate you. I have something similar to that hanging in my garage and when ever I get pissed I look at it and it brings me back down to earth.

Breadfan
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
you need help

professorhard
06-23-2010, 10:06 PM
So I talked to my gf about this and she actually had a pretty good, but somewhat girly idea. She said I should drill a hole in the piece of the buffer tube loop that I still have and string it on a keychain or something so that whenever I see it I'll remember that outbursts of anger like that just cost me time, money, and effort that could be better used in other ways. She is so smart no wonder I love her

professorhard
06-23-2010, 10:09 PM
All joking and kidding aside, You should try and fish out the pieces of the lower, mount them on piece of ply wood as a reminder of why you shouldn't let emotions dominate you. I have something similar to that hanging in my garage and when ever I get pissed I look at it and it brings me back down to earth.

Wow that is seriously right along the lines of what my gf told me to do, however I highly doubt I would ever be able to even find a single piece out of the pond without an immense and time consuming effort.

pyro3k2
06-23-2010, 10:11 PM
Wow that is seriously right along the lines of what my gf told me to do, however I highly doubt I would ever be able to even find a single piece without an immense and time consuming effort.

The time you spend finding it will bring closure to this whole thing and you should feel like more of a man when your done. Any time spent on self improvement is never a waste.

nicoroshi
06-23-2010, 10:14 PM
I used to have anger issues, and worry about stuff that I couldn't control.

Here's a funny story for you about my cure (so stupidly simple too).

So....I had a bad day at work. Nothing went right. Came home frustrated, and starting drinking (BTW I gave that up more than 8 years ago). After a few shots I am ranting, and raving through the house ready to trash something in the hopes it would make me feel better ( I have patched holes in walls, and replaced doors before also). I said something in my rants that would change my whole outlook on life.
[Screaming] "It could be worse. My head could be on fire!!!"
Stop.
Thought about that for a minute, and just smiled.
All of a sudden all of my worries, and things that went wrong that were out of my control seemed so trivial.
So I had a bad day. It happens. So things didn't work out like I envisioned. So what.
My head is NOT ON FIRE!
My day really wasn't that bad.
That day my outlook on life changed. Such a simple phrase said in the heat of anger.

Now when feces occur (which will happen) I put it in prospective.
"Is my head on fire?"
"No......Then it's not that bad"
:)

Desert_Rat
06-23-2010, 10:18 PM
Sounds like a cover story for one of those "Where's Your AR15 sir?" conversations that may or may not happen later on down the road.
BTW one of My AR's fell out of the boat while I was duck hunting:D

Kidding aside.pics would have been killer.

smarter
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM
m4m much? haha j/k. happens to the best of us sometimes.

bootcamp
06-23-2010, 10:23 PM
Classic stuff! In before the closure! I hope this turns out to be one of those 60 page threads on the Internet!

Jpach
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
LOL I honestly cried reading that story OP. Sorry for your troubles but you know that was funny. And yes, NOVESKE!

Jorge
06-23-2010, 10:34 PM
From the sounds of it, you just need to blow off steam when you get frustrated. Get yourself an 80-120 pound heavy vinyl or leather punching bag and hang it in your garage. I guarantee you'll tire yourself out letting loose on a bag and it will save you on repair bills.

SJgunguy24
06-23-2010, 10:36 PM
Life can always be worse. It's just a lower, but do you have anybody you can call for help or advice?
Not just with guns but anything? When I stopped drinking it was tough but I always had somebody to call who could tell me something to get my head back in the game. Nico has good advise, sounds like program right there. Don't sweat the small stuff, don't worry about s**t you can't control.

Now if I get mad or something gets me so upset I can't see straight, I think of my baby girl. One look at her and I mellow out quick. Kids take patience
and time and being a dad will help you understand that. Life is way too short to worry about a lower. Just think about those who are truly struggling. It's not that bad.
http://i285.photobucket.com/albums/ll66/SJgunguy24/003-5.jpg

professorhard
06-23-2010, 10:46 PM
Life can always be worse. It's just a lower, but do you have anybody you can call for help or advice?
Not just with guns but anything? When I stopped drinking it was tough but I always had somebody to call who could tell me something to get my head back in the game. Nico has good advise, sounds like program right there. Don't sweat the small stuff, don't worry about s**t you can't control.

Now if I get mad or something gets me so upset I can't see straight, I think of my baby girl. One look at her and I mellow out quick. Kids take patience
and time and being a dad will help you understand that. Life is way too short to worry about a lower. Just think about those who are truly struggling. It's not that bad.

Thanks man, that really does help put it into perspective. Lowers are a dime a dozen and not something to flip out over.

Ishoot
06-23-2010, 10:58 PM
Awesome thread OP. Just RELAX man. :)

Bhobbs
06-23-2010, 11:13 PM
Anger and frustration are hard to control but I found the best way to relieve it for me was football. During high school I was pretty much laid back and didn't care about the drama of the day that everyone else freaked about.

Now I enjoy obliterating stuff with my M1. Shooting is great stress relief. So is heavy metal.

SixPointEight
06-23-2010, 11:16 PM
http://img532.imageshack.us/img532/6567/1277001063275.jpg

I second the motion.

I woulda bought it for $10 lol.

Live and learn. Keep the anger under wraps and go slow next time. The other day I go so mad at something I punched my fridge....hurt my hand, did jack to the fridge. But I felt better lol

Beelzy
06-23-2010, 11:27 PM
Aye Lad perfectly normal........When you have put a few more years on you will realize how
unwise it is to destroy a project...............When you start throwing things around instead!

Venting is good, it keeps a lot of stupid people from suffering premature expiration.

corrupt
06-23-2010, 11:38 PM

So you kinda lost a firearm in a boating accident... well at least it's lost in a body of water. Or, you "ditched a murder weapon in to a body of water."

Hopefully you never come under suspicion of murder and they decide to look in your pond ;) That wouldn't look good for an innocent man.

marsd
06-23-2010, 11:42 PM
Sorry you lost a good lower but anger will not fix anything. What you should have done is to back out and cool yourself off, then go back do a little web search for a fix or call someone for advice. You probably have not heard of Heli-coil. Cross thread are easy fix especially on aluminum. Napa or Kragen carries different sizes of Heli-coil and Heli-coil kits.

http://www.emhart.com/products/helicoil.asp

mossberg500
06-23-2010, 11:52 PM
Hulk Smash...

i5tWT6I1GvY

hahaha at 1:11 he shove that remote on his boot thats so F***ing funny

AK4me
06-24-2010, 12:07 AM

Would he happen to be a T.V. repair man lol

ColdDeadHands1
06-24-2010, 12:15 AM
I seem to recall you posting a while back about some heavy drinking. I f that was you, coupled with this thread, I would be concerned about the possibilities... If that wasn't you, I apologize for the reference (although a drink may have helped calm you down).:D

Also, it doesn't seem you were that angry. Because if you were you would have finished the job by filling your pond with gasoline and lighting it on fire.:43:

ColdDeadHands1
06-24-2010, 12:18 AM
Found it. It was you.

http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?t=243377

Ronco
06-24-2010, 12:22 AM
Hmmmm! "Uh.. I lost all of my firearms in a pon..lake also. Yeah, thats what happened. I smashed them all to pieces and then they all got lost in a lake Uh.. ocean. Yeah, the ocean. Uh.. in my back yard. I uh, live on a cliff by the ocean.. and they all just fell in one day. - Yeah, that's the ticket!"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EA2s7GP2puc/S6AGD4SfYcI/AAAAAAAAACo/jzAnIIZ8zL0/s320/liar.jpg

:D

professorhard
06-24-2010, 12:22 AM
I seem to recall you posting a while back about some heavy drinking. I f that was you, coupled with this thread, I would be concerned about the possibilities... If that wasn't you, I apologize for the reference (although a drink may have helped calm you down).:D

Also, it doesn't seem you were that angry. Because if you were you would have finished the job by filling your pond with gasoline and lighting it on fire.:43:

Yes that was me. I used to drink alot of hard liquor but have since been content with a few beers. I wasn't drinking or anything when this happened if that's what ur talking about

pullnshoot25
06-24-2010, 12:31 AM

The cute genes are strong with this one. :)

professorhard
06-24-2010, 12:34 AM
Hmmmm! "Uh.. I lost all of my firearms in a pon..lake also. Yeah, thats what happened. I smashed them all to pieces and then they all got lost in a lake Uh.. ocean. Yeah, the ocean. Uh.. in my back yard. I uh, live on a cliff by the ocean.. and they all just fell in one day. - Yeah, that's the ticket!"

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_EA2s7GP2puc/S6AGD4SfYcI/AAAAAAAAACo/jzAnIIZ8zL0/s320/liar.jpg
:D

I sure wish my backyard was the ocean. But in reality if someone really wanted to recover those pieces it wouldnt take much more than some scuba and a metal detector. They are probably in less than 15ft of water. I don't have the time or desire to do that.

SJgunguy24
06-24-2010, 12:42 AM
Yes that was me. I used to drink alot of hard liquor but have since been content with a few beers. I wasn't drinking or anything when this happened if that's what ur talking about

Sounds like you should find another outlet. For me at least I never had a problem with drinking, everybody else had a problem with me drinking. I hid a lot of stuff with drinking, anger, frustration, money problems, and nothing ever got better. It still hasn't really gotten better, lost my job last July and only lucked into a gig a couple months ago. The major thing is now I have a clear head to deal with everything.

You sound to me like there's something your looking for, an edge, an advantage, who knows. I can tell you the path of destructive behavior is exactly that, it's destructive to you, your friends (if they are truly friends and care about you), your family, and now your AR. There is some control you have, but that is only over yourself. If you can get control over yourself you will become a better person. You will not need booze, steroids, or to be Mr. Toughguy when your around other people, be yourself. Then you can really train to be that badazz, but now you will be strong where it really counts......Your mind.

RT13
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM
With anger like that, maybe you shouldn't own an AR or any guns for that matter, lol.

SJgunguy24
06-24-2010, 12:43 AM
The cute genes are strong with this one. :)

That's the love of my life Nate.

xLusi0n
06-24-2010, 12:47 AM
hahaha at 1:11 he shove that remote on his boot thats so F***ing funny

LOL and WTF?!

thrillhouse700
06-24-2010, 12:52 AM
This has got to be one of my new favorite threads........... I used to be the same way 4-5 years ago.

16 yrs old working at a pet store, changing 10ft long fluorescent bulbs. Stupid light socket was broken and wouldn't hold the bulb. I lost it and javelin-ed and entire case of 10ft bulbs into the parking lot one by one.

Remodeling a house, I was removing the toilet to put ceramic tile down. I pinched my finger really bad. Took the toilet into the back yard and threw it onto the concrete floor. Came back with safety glasses and a sledge..........

Working at a retail establishment, was putting up a cardboard display in one of the isles. The packages kept leaning forward and falling out. I pushed it back in, leaned forward again..... I punched it back in. Leaned forward again so i kicked the entire display over and stomped on it.

I LOVE to put my foot through things.

Got a disturbing phone call at work (getting un-paid for something), I ripped my phone off the wall and hurled it across the shop.

My electric screwdriver stopped working for the 4th time (matco POS). After warranting it 3 times I lost it. Threw it against the wall it exploded. I kicked it across the whole shop.

Used my shop stool as a battering ram on my computer stand and eventually when the stand door gave way, the computer.

God I have thousands of stories but ill stop there...........

Anywho, I have recently just lost the urge to flip out when I'm frustrated (2 yrs ago). Things are actually less stressful. Hang in there bud you will lose the urge some day. Usually happens after you really really really regret losing it.

kel-tec-innovations
06-24-2010, 12:57 AM
nice one, play some GTA and go on a killing spree

santacruzstefan
06-24-2010, 1:09 AM

Would he happen to be a T.V. repair man lol

LOL classic Fast Times... Spicoli for the win!

thedrickel
06-24-2010, 1:27 AM
You guys all have anger issues, WTF!

NiteQwill
06-24-2010, 1:33 AM
WTH?

That's one way to vent your anger.

The wrong way.

Joe
06-24-2010, 1:38 AM
This thread is hilarious

ISTALINI
06-24-2010, 1:53 AM

i second that request.

Gh0sT
06-24-2010, 1:59 AM
Well, I will be probably out drinking on Friday night downtown - If I catch you there, first round is on me.

tankerman
06-24-2010, 2:30 AM
http://www.mooncostumes.com/image/12720

Scratch705
06-24-2010, 3:05 AM
is this story real? cause this would be the first time i've read 1st hand account of someone getting that mad at something that insignificant.

SoCalRandy
06-24-2010, 6:30 AM
OP, was the LPK already installed or was it just a stripped lower? Since you were installing the pistol grip screw, I would assume that most of the LPK was in there too? Just curious...

hk404me
06-24-2010, 6:46 AM
Perfectly reasonable response. You DO NOT have anger management issues. I would have done the same thing. I used to have a guy that could weld back ANYTHING that I “jacked” up. Since he move to Canada, I have been more careful, (may come with age) and haven’t goofed up as much stuff.

Now, had you been working on the car/truck and thrown a wrench through the windshield, that might be a anger management problem.

Do they still make Valium???

hk404me

professorhard
06-24-2010, 6:48 AM
OP, was the LPK already installed or was it just a stripped lower? Since you were installing the pistol grip screw, I would assume that most of the LPK was in there too? Just curious...

Yea everything was installed except for the rear takedown pin and buffertube assembly. I'm pissed because I never got to see how nice the DD LPK was by shooting it. I have a few other stripped lowers and LPKs so I will probably assemble one of them today and then post pics of the completed rifle tomorrow.

asheron2
06-24-2010, 7:40 AM
Heli-Coil that sucker, then itll be stronger than before :P

ZX-10R
06-24-2010, 7:42 AM
If that is how you reacted...Then it serves you right.

Marlin Hunter
06-24-2010, 7:42 AM

But yeah, what he said.

Do you mean 1/4-28?

26 is not a standard pitch.

To professorhard

Next time you feel like destroying $300 worth of gun stuff, send it to me and I'll give $100 for it...plus a 24 pack of cheapo beer.

Do you have to report the serial number of the receiver as "missing," "lost," or "destroyed" to some government agency?

Someone could recover that piece and use the serial number.

If you happen to decide to change the spark plugs in your expensive European sports car (Porsche, Ferrari, etc...) all by yourself, and strip the threads, don't get angry. Call me, sign over the pinkslip, and I'll come pick it up and give you a junker to destroy. Ohhh, and a 24 pack of cheap beer.

Tenchi
06-24-2010, 7:54 AM
Mmm, that is one FINE looking barbecue pit.

http://rubenerd.com/uploads/screencap.gumproast01.jpg

So why doesn’t MINE look like that?!

http://rubenerd.com/uploads/screencap.gumproast02.jpg

drunktank
06-24-2010, 8:56 AM
5 days!? But I'm mad now!

Mute
06-24-2010, 9:00 AM
Video or it didn't happen.

8bitnintendo
06-24-2010, 9:31 AM
But in reality if someone really wanted to recover those pieces it wouldnt take much more than some scuba and a metal detector. They are probably in less than 15ft of water. I don't have the time or desire to do that.
Oh man, I just noticed you're here in San Diego. I have a full set of scuba gear and now I'm kind of tempted to come on over and scrounge that stuff. It'd make for some great pictures! http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/smilies/smiley_scuba.gif

It'd probably be a pain to try to find it in murky water though.

Black Majik
06-24-2010, 9:32 AM

Hahaha!!! :rofl:

professionalcoyotehunter
06-24-2010, 9:33 AM
Pics or it didnt happen.

Nick1236
06-24-2010, 9:37 AM
Tits or GTFO

Oh wrong forum....

JTROKS
06-24-2010, 9:37 AM
This is probably you when you were a little boy.

TDdy6Y2U77E

DREADNOUGHT78
06-24-2010, 9:49 AM
Sucks but we all get upset and smash stuff! I use to build model planes and cars when I was a kid and if I messed up the paint or camo I would immediatly smash the **** out of them. But instead of smashing the lower you could have just made a featureless rifle out it!

telcolineman
06-24-2010, 10:02 AM
You might want to talk to someone about the anger issues, As for the lower next time if it is completely stripped a helicoil kit as previously mentioned works great or a 1/4"x28TPI thread chaser tap will solve the problem, Just remember 1/4"x28 TPI NOT 1/4"x20 tpi. The screw if fine thread not course. And make sure it is a thread CHASER tap and not a tread cutting tap, A cutting tap will make the threads to loose and it may strip out again. You can always use a longer screw as well

blazing
06-24-2010, 10:21 AM
i fel u man i smash a lot of stuff my self and i feel like i have an anger problem too. a lot of poeple tell me i have one and i do notice it somtimes too. my girl got me piss and i ended up putting a hole in the wall. after i was calm i was feeling bad for snaping and had to look at the hole in the wall thinking dammm now i gotta fix it. so now i would think of how much it would cost me to fix the damages that i cause and just chill. but the number one way to keep urself from destorying things is to just simply blaze a blunt.

thedrickel
06-24-2010, 10:31 AM
i fel u man i smash a lot of stuff my self and i feel like i have an anger problem too. a lot of poeple tell me i have one and i do notice it somtimes too. my girl got me piss and i ended up putting a hole in the wall. after i was calm i was feeling bad for snaping and had to look at the hole in the wall thinking dammm now i gotta fix it. so now i would think of how much it would cost me to fix the damages that i cause and just chill. but the number one way to keep urself from destorying things is to just simply blaze a blunt.

LOL. I was going to suggest this as well . . .

Juice5610
06-24-2010, 10:37 AM
LMAO ahahaha So a guy attempting to build a gun has never heard of drilling and taping metal? Did you have to destroy the lower to show you're superiority over it or something? Oh man this thread delivers! lol

EDIT: Also op do you think its wise to own firearms if something so small can set you off like that? What would you do if you came home and your wife/gf/boytoy whatever was in bed with another man? I am totally serious about this - the boytoy part

APNF128
06-24-2010, 10:44 AM
This is only a pure friendly advice. I think before building another AR-15 or even buying another firearm, you should first see a good doctor or therapist that deal with rage or anger problem. Think about this real hard, what happen if for instance you are in a public range, carrying a loaded AR-15 and suddenly have an out burst of rage, what will you do? The damage you will inflict to yourself, love ones and others is something you have to think really really hard!

Mstnpete
06-24-2010, 10:46 AM
You might want to talk to someone about the anger issues, As for the lower next time if it is completely stripped a helicoil kit as previously mentioned works great or a 1/4"x28TPI thread chaser tap will solve the problem, Just remember 1/4"x28 TPI NOT 1/4"x20 tpi. The screw if fine thread not course. And make sure it is a thread CHASER tap and not a tread cutting tap, A cutting tap will make the threads to loose and it may strip out again. You can always use a longer screw as well

+1 you need to go and get help for your Anger problems!
I can see you pulling a gun when a very small issue arises.

Gryff
06-24-2010, 10:47 AM
With that kind of temper, you really should be seriously questioning whether you should own guns.

Timberwolf
06-24-2010, 10:54 AM
To the OP you have serious anger managment issues and probably should not own or be around weapons. They have hot lines, call one, before you seriously injure yourself or someone else.

professorhard
06-24-2010, 11:00 AM
I appreciate your concern everyone but in reality I would never hurt or endanger another person or myself. Destroying some bits of metal and inanimate objects is much different than that. I will keep it in mind tho and make sure I don't ever react like this again. Thanks guys.

Ezekiel2000
06-24-2010, 11:04 AM
Oh man, I just noticed you're here in San Diego. I have a full set of scuba gear and now I'm kind of tempted to come on over and scrounge that stuff. It'd make for some great pictures! http://forum.scubatoys.com/images/smilies/smiley_scuba.gif

It'd probably be a pain to try to find it in murky water though.

Please? :D

Never have I seen a thread so in need of pictures. I don't understand why the pieces can't be scooped up with a pool scooper or something but if you have scuba gear even better...give this thread what it needs to be complete!

John Sukey
06-24-2010, 11:18 AM
Ok , here's a funny one. Guy wanted to give his AR a real GOOD cleaning, so he put it in the same tank that we used to clean 20mm aircraft guns. On removing it, all he got back were the steel bits. The solution in the hot tank had dissolved EVERYTHING made of aluminum,:eek:

Joe788
06-24-2010, 11:24 AM

POST OF THE YEAR!!!:notworthy:

(Although the incredible hulk/werewolf transformation complete with attempted remote control penetration has my eyes watering as well!)

Joe788
06-24-2010, 11:29 AM
I've got a buddy who's had to replace 3 out of the 5 interior doors in his house, as well as one TV, a huge nightstand, numerous sheetrock repairs (finally just bought a texture gun) and some other various crap due to woman related anger problems. Funniest one ever was when he threw the TV at the bedroom door, and it just blew up the TV without damaging the door, so he punched a hole through the door, kicked it so it knocked the bottom hinges off, and then grabbed a baseball bat and finished the job.

That was a few years ago, and the story still provides fantastic LOLs on a weekly basis.

ar15barrels
06-24-2010, 1:55 PM
seriously a 1/4 -20 tap is all you needed.

3 pages until someone got it right! :rofl2:

Do you mean 1/4-28?

26 is not a standard pitch.

if it is completely stripped a helicoil kit as previously mentioned works great or a 1/4"x28TPI thread chaser tap will solve the problem, Just remember 1/4"x28 TPI NOT 1/4"x20 tpi.

Rugersworld
06-24-2010, 2:05 PM
Yea, it is funny that something that little caused you a melt-down, but on the other hand it is scarey. What's to say that you don't have another incident when you are out shooting your guns. It is the disturbed angry people that F*#! it up for the rest of us. Seriously, you should get some help before you cause bigger problems!

sevensix2x51
06-24-2010, 2:10 PM
i think breaking stuff and shooting people is two totally different things. and saying OP shouldnt own guns? cmon, people. anger is a human emotion, and a very effective tool when channeled properly.
even if OP snapped on another human, rage isnt satisfied by shooting something. a madman must turn something to wreckage/dust/paste with their bare hands or a blunt object! it just feels better that way. think about it. when that g--d--- wireless router needs to be reset for the fiftieth time, and then you cant get the old lady's laptop plugged in because you forget the password, and you get limited/no connectivity on the wired connection, you dont go to the safe and whip out the 1911. no, that damn router and its solid yellow light get airmailed across the room to shatter into a million pieces, or slice into the drywall and stick like a shuriken! ahh, and then all is right with the world.

OP-With that kind of temper, you really should be seriously questioning whether you should own wrenches. :D

JTecalo
06-24-2010, 2:13 PM
Seriously
if you had this anger problem for a while then maybe its time to seek some help to control it. You can self medicate yourself. When you feel the anger come on just stop. Stop talking stop working stop everything. Step back and youre gonna laugh but think of something happy or nice. Color, flower, a image your mom dad family etc. After you feel the initial wave of anger pass then go back to work. Next time just slow down when you do something. If you are local i have the ability to weld aluminum if you want me to weld it up for you.

This!!
this is good advice...trust me

Nick1236
06-24-2010, 2:25 PM
http://teoten.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/dont_feed_the_trolls.jpg

CaliforniaLiberal
06-24-2010, 2:32 PM
One of the big lessons I learned in dealing with Anger is that even if you say you would never hurt someone and even if you have never hurt a person in your rage, still those who are close to you probably feel deep fear when you blow up.

Imagine for a second living with a 500lb, 8 foot tall Gorilla who loves you very much and promises to always care for you but who blows up every few months and totally wrecks stuff. Are you going to feel totally safe every day? Are you going to be able to tell this Gorilla how you really feel or just try to not set it off by accident?

What kind of relationships can you have if that cloud of violent anger is hanging around, even if you never, never hit someone?

This is what brought me to really dealing with some old painful stuff that drove my violent anger. And drove away one that I loved and cared for with all my heart.

Chk Chk Boom
06-24-2010, 3:06 PM

Wtf?
I'm pretty sure Calguns doesn't condone illegal activities...

ETA

I think the OP could certainly get a prescription for his issue :P

Touche.

basalt
06-24-2010, 3:51 PM

Just tell yourself "Professorhards (substitute surname) don't throw fits."

Worked for my two year old. :D

basalt
06-24-2010, 3:53 PM
Wtf?
I'm pretty sure Calguns doesn't condone illegal activities...

I think the OP could certainly get a prescription for his issue :P

AlliedArmory
06-24-2010, 4:18 PM
A under $10 Tap & Die set could have fixed this problem.

Seems like anger management courses are in order.

SixPointEight
06-24-2010, 4:26 PM
i think breaking stuff and shooting people is two totally different things. and saying OP shouldnt own guns? cmon, people. anger is a human emotion, and a very effective tool when channeled properly.
even if OP snapped on another human, rage isnt satisfied by shooting something. a madman must turn something to wreckage/dust/paste with their bare hands or a blunt object! it just feels better that way. think about it. when that g--d--- wireless router needs to be reset for the fiftieth time, and then you cant get the old lady's laptop plugged in because you forget the password, and you get limited/no connectivity on the wired connection, you dont go to the safe and whip out the 1911. no, that damn router and its solid yellow light get airmailed across the room to shatter into a million pieces, or slice into the drywall and stick like a shuriken! ahh, and then all is right with the world.

OP-With that kind of temper, you really should be seriously questioning whether you should own wrenches. :D

Good point. There's something raw about using your own hands that a gun would never provide lol

jaq
06-24-2010, 7:26 PM

THIS.

To the people who are seriously shocked by this and are scared that he owns guns: What world do you live in? I get that perhaps in your sheltered existences perhaps you have never been exposed to a MAN venting his anger on inanimate objects. But are you really so ignorant that you have not noticed that this is a very common behavioral trait for MEN? FFS, a cultural meme in American society through the 90s at least was the concept of the Type A personality. If you don't know what that is, please look it up and learn something.

And kindly allow me to quell your fears. Men who vent like this are generally not the ones you should be afraid of. They make a conscious decision to take out their frustrations on walls, doors, lowers, windshields, etc., so that they don't take it out on living things. No matter how much they want to punch someone in the face, they decide to punch a wall instead. Be grateful.

The ones who go postal are the ones who let the anger and rage build up until it finally explodes. Most of the these men will have heart attacks or strokes before and instead of going on shooting sprees.

This is not to say that the OP and all Type A's should accept their state. They should not. But they might not have a choice. This behavior is imprinted and reinforced from day 1 when they enter the world. Trying to permanently modify imprinted and/or early, deeply conditioned behaviors is so difficult that it might as well be considered for all intents and purposes to be impossible. Psychoactive drugs are successful in this endeavor, but are not permanent. As soon as the person stops taking the drug, the chemically suppressed behavior reasserts unchanged.

However, just because it appears to be an impossible task does not make it so. Anger management courses are a type of psychological technique known as Cognitive-Behavioral Therapy. It does work and I highly recommend it. But it takes a lot hard work on the person's part. And the results are not as great as we would like. Nevertheless, if you are a Type A, you must take anger management classes. Or you will most likely be forced to do so by a judge at some point in your life.

Please pardon the length of my post. This is a very important subject for all of us and it deserves the appropriate treatment.

BTW, humor is absolutely the best medicine. Please practice it always :D

pyro3k2
06-24-2010, 7:49 PM
You guys all have anger issues, WTF!

I Actually was a very calm, understanding, and extremely level headed person. I would rarely raise my voice and for me to be upset or even mad was just unheard of. My anger issues started after I came back from deployment and the last few years I had left in the military. Thank you Uncle Sam :D

WaR_ClouD-VII
06-24-2010, 8:08 PM
LMAO!

yock
06-24-2010, 9:09 PM
This brings back lots of memories of my first car I had a spot on the fender that I would kick it all started when installing a harmonic balincer on a $3000 race engine I cross threded the installer in to the snout of the crank and turned around and kicked the fender . After that every time somthing went wrong on the car I would kick that fender. But on a good note since than I have got my anger under control and now I do the above mentioned, stop walk away and think of some happy thoughts my "never never land" lol! It worked for me. And good luck in your future builds.

IsaacGlass
06-24-2010, 9:41 PM
Let's just hope you dont get into a psychotic episode :nuts: with a loaded gun.

gotshotgun?
06-24-2010, 10:24 PM
Don't worry OP it happens to the best of us...

I once ordered and received a cleaning rod for my m1a in the mail. It was boxed in a tube and taped SOOOO much i thought taking a hack saw to the end was a good idea. I ended up bending the rod and freaking out because of the sheer stupidity i displayed. That rod was in a pretzel and the trash bin in no time.

cjskalka
06-24-2010, 11:29 PM
This is hilarious, this post made my night

leelaw
06-24-2010, 11:56 PM
I think I might have an anger problem or something

Ya think?

killmime1234
06-25-2010, 12:12 AM
Sorry, I have no constructive advice... what I do have is another great tantrum pic(vid?). :D
http://files.myopera.com/AMGala/albums/200326/Office%20Space%20Beatdown.gif

akjunkie
06-25-2010, 12:16 AM
To the OP.

Hope U never get arrested for some kinda physical altercation, domestic violence, mutual combat, self defense scenario, etc. etc.

They would use this Thread against U.

U basically admitted U have/had a history of Alcohol abuse and prone to Uncontrollable episodes of Anger/Violent tendencies.

Celicaslave
06-25-2010, 7:20 PM
So today I was installing a Daniel Defense LPK into a Spikes Tactical AR lower receiver for my new build. Somehow when I was putting the MIAD on the pistol grip screw cross-threaded and completely f'ed up the hole that it goes into. I really wasn't even using much force but managed to really mess it up.

I tried to thread it back right but it just wouldn't work. This is where the bad things happened. I absolutely lost it.

I think I might have an anger problem or something and I really scared myself when I realized how out of control I was. In total I probably destroyed $300 worth of stuff for pretty much no reason. I just felt white hot anger and almost like I blacked out and lost all control. The last time I ever felt like this was when I was taking steroids years ago.

Sounds like a "Roid Rage" flashback. I'm thinking that owning guns is probably not a good idea for you, at least not until you learn how to control your anger. Perhaps some Tai Chi, Aikido, or Yoga (something involving meditation) would better suited to help you with your anger management issue and stress relief. The last thing anyone wants is someone to lose their **** on a shooting range.

sevensix2x51
06-25-2010, 7:32 PM
Sounds like a "Roid Rage" flashback. I'm thinking that owning guns is probably not a good idea for you, at least not until you learn how to control your anger. Perhaps some Tai Chi, Aikido, or Yoga (something involving meditation) would better suited to help you with your anger management issue and stress relief. The last thing anyone wants is someone to lose their **** on a shooting range.

then maybe a high colonnic, and some herbal tea to center your yin in your feng shui herb garden, so you can braid your hemp jewelry.

do you people listen to yourselves talk? this is america, and we are american MEN and WOMEN. and as such, innocent until proven guilty by a jury of our peers. anybody who says otherwise can pretty much go f themselves.

AIMSMALL
06-26-2010, 3:51 AM
Yeah to the OP, I don't think over reacting the way you did is even in the same ballpark as losing your **** and shooting someone, I know myself well enough to know that punching a hole in the wall is the worst it would EVER get and I feel like an idiot for even letting it get to that. The point is only you know yourself well enough to decide if you would ever get to that point where owning a gun is not a good idea anymore. Save that colonic crap for the anti 2A crowd. Oh and if you ever need a shooting partner in SD PM me.

Greg-Dawg
06-26-2010, 7:51 AM
Guns and anger don't mix...unless you're:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1221/intro4ii.jpg

pyromensch
06-26-2010, 8:09 AM
This has got to be one of my new favorite threads........... I used to be the same way 4-5 years ago.

16 yrs old working at a pet store, changing 10ft long fluorescent bulbs. Stupid light socket was broken and wouldn't hold the bulb. I lost it and javelin-ed and entire case of 10ft bulbs into the parking lot one by one.

Remodeling a house, I was removing the toilet to put ceramic tile down. I pinched my finger really bad. Took the toilet into the back yard and threw it onto the concrete floor. Came back with safety glasses and a sledge..........

Working at a retail establishment, was putting up a cardboard display in one of the isles. The packages kept leaning forward and falling out. I pushed it back in, leaned forward again..... I punched it back in. Leaned forward again so i kicked the entire display over and stomped on it.

I LOVE to put my foot through things.

Got a disturbing phone call at work (getting un-paid for something), I ripped my phone off the wall and hurled it across the shop.

My electric screwdriver stopped working for the 4th time (matco POS). After warranting it 3 times I lost it. Threw it against the wall it exploded. I kicked it across the whole shop.

Used my shop stool as a battering ram on my computer stand and eventually when the stand door gave way, the computer.

God I have thousands of stories but ill stop there...........

Anywho, I have recently just lost the urge to flip out when I'm frustrated (2 yrs ago). Things are actually less stressful. Hang in there bud you will lose the urge some day. Usually happens after you really really really regret losing it.

i think the post office is looking to hire someone like you:):)

Marlin Hunter
06-26-2010, 8:18 AM
Guns and anger don't mix...unless you're:

http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1221/intro4ii.jpg

That guy on the right looks like a very ugly woman.

Dog Day Afternoon II:confused:

gunn
06-26-2010, 8:43 AM
The time you spend finding it will bring closure to this whole thing and you should feel like more of a man when your done. Any time spent on self improvement is never a waste.

+1 it will be a good life lesson to you.... and if by doing so you learn to calm yourself, it will help the rest of us if you happen to be at the range and your newer, spiffier AR starts to jam...
-g

PS. Of course, the cynic in me is considering that you posted this in a public forum so you have something to point to in order to document the "boating accident". For all we know, this rifle could be in the bottom of the pond (in a long sealed plastic tube chock full of cosmoline) :)

Alex$
06-26-2010, 8:44 AM
http://www.walmart.com/ip/US-Divers-Java-Tonga-Rip-Jr.-Mask-Snorkel-and-Fins-Set/13029675

Invest the time to pick all the pieces up. Then tally that time into how much the rage cost. Helps to prevent it from happening again.

If that doesn't stop it, the breathing techniques you learn diving will help you "take a breathe" and step away. Self control is nothing more than recognizing stress and its affect on your body. Adrenaline rush causes "fight or flight" syndrome, have to channel it somewhere.

Vinz
06-26-2010, 10:21 PM
That happened to a friends build. chucked the old screw out and put in a longer one. Fixed.

Dude, I know its tough but you gotta get it under control.
Vinz

wsmc27
06-27-2010, 10:47 AM
That guy on the right looks like a very ugly woman.

Dog Day Afternoon II:confused:

??

As stated at bottom of pics those are the bad guys from the Hollywood shootout...was it like 1994??

It was gnarly, I remember seeing it on TV. :eek:

----
just looked on the wiki, it was Feb 1997. Seems soooo long ago now.

rifle man
06-28-2010, 1:31 AM
I'm not a machinist, but couldn't you drill out the lower with a slightly larger drill and tap, then use a larger diameter bolt? This really is more of a question than an answer.

Utha Schleigle
07-02-2010, 7:03 PM
I can relate to the anger when some that should go together turns into a GunSmithing Nightmare. I have lashed out - now I now that I am about to do more dammage and not fix the gun. I stop - think - drink - maybe call it a night before I have to check into the Emergency Room. After a while you thunk of a different angle ask for help or suggestions.

Plumbing Jobbs really get me going.

Anyway - Retapp and use ALUNINUM TAPPING FLUID - it is a different recipe than regular high sulphur tapping oil for ferris metals.

I would contact 15barrels if you wanted to send it to some one. A AR savy guy.

Good luck

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/UtgaSchleigle/ak%20stuff/100_6953bfw.jpg
http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/UtgaSchleigle/ak%20stuff/100_6950bfw.jpg
Yes I did ripp a receiver open pounding murderiously with a 2lb hammer.

http://i236.photobucket.com/albums/ff141/UtgaSchleigle/ak%20stuff/100_6643_0001bfw.jpg
If you do not have any anger issues - you won't need a Shop-Apron-Don Quote Breast Plate.

Marlin Hunter
07-02-2010, 8:15 PM
??

As stated at bottom of pics those are the bad guys from the Hollywood shootout...was it like 1994??

It was gnarly, I remember seeing it on TV. :eek:

----
just looked on the wiki, it was Feb 1997. Seems soooo long ago now.

I remember seeing it on TV. The guys had full auto AKs.

The movie Dog Day Afternoon was made after a real life bank robbery by John Stanley Wojtowicz and Salvatore Naturile

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Elizabeth_Eden

CRTguns
07-02-2010, 8:31 PM

1/4-28

advocatusdiaboli
07-02-2010, 10:13 PM
First, congrats for being man enough to talk about it.
Second, these are tough times and more than a few people are on edge and angry. And that anger is a force that will burst out at the slightest provocation sometimes. Sounds like that was the case. I think you know this, but here goes: anger over things you cannot control is wasteful energy and destructive to you in the long run--meanwhile the problem is still there. Well, in your case it's at the bottom of your pond, but you get my drift. Next time, think of the problem as a foe you need to beat and losing control is surrender to it--don't. Use your will and intellect to fight back for the win--find a way to beat it and smile.

Victor Franko had goo advice--three year old añejo Tequila is good stuff--I drink only Reposado or Añejo--my liver deserves the best. But I am a Single-Malt Scotch and Habano cigar guy in the main when I have had enough or when I celebrate or actually any excuse will do now that I think of it. TIme to apply the rub to the ribs and Prok Shoulder for tomorrow's BBQ/Smoking. Good luck man. DOn;t sweat the small stuff and it's all small stuff. Or something like that.

atto
07-03-2010, 2:01 PM
Sounds like you need to talk to your doctor about anti-androgens, aka anti-testosterone meds.

mjsweims
07-03-2010, 7:39 PM
Sounds like you shouldn't be around firearms at all.

b00gym4n
07-03-2010, 9:15 PM
I'm not a doctor or a user, but they have medication for these types of issues. It's called Medical Marijuana available at a clinic near you!