PDA

View Full Version : Hunter's Creek EMail

TacFan
04-04-2006, 6:33 PM
Did anyone else receive this email ? What's going to happen to the folks who bought the ar-10 at the gun show ?
It was very nice of them to email me and let me know what is going on.

Dear California Firearms Fan,

Thank you for your recent interest in the Eagle Arms AR-10.
Unfortunately, today 4 April 2006, CALDOJ and Armalite conferred, and
following..Armalite decided to not ship any of these lowers to CA.
CALDOJ
also prohibited me from delivering any of these receivers except to Law
Enforcement Agencies for official use.

I am not familiar with other reliable .308 AR-10 style lowers that are
off-list, if I did I would do quick research, consult the DOJ and
obtain an
authorization letter. The letter which was issued by the DOJ on the
Eagle
AR-10 was reported to have been done in error and without consultation
of
their firearms experts.

While the news was disappointing, the DOJ was cordial and did not
express
any negative comments about the great interest in the AR-15 lowers.
They
did caution about installing prohibited features, and related
experiences to
at least one-home built AR having gone full-auto on a range...right
next to
a sworn law enforcement officer. No doubt..that was a very long day
for
several people.

Be safe, be careful and be compliant! If I do develop an alternative
to the
Eagle AR-10, I will send you an email.

Thanks again for your interest and your patience.

Regards,

Hunters-Creek

Muzz
04-04-2006, 6:50 PM
Sounds like more CA DOJ muscle flexing...The EA AR-10 has been more toward the black part of the gray area for me.

69Mach1
04-04-2006, 8:25 PM
Did anyone else receive this email ? What's going to happen to the folks who bought the ar-10 at the gun show ?
It was very nice of them to email me and let me know what is going on.

Dear California Firearms Fan,

Thank you for your recent interest in the Eagle Arms AR-10.
Unfortunately, today 4 April 2006, CALDOJ and Armalite conferred, and
following..Armalite decided to not ship any of these lowers to CA.
CALDOJ
also prohibited me from delivering any of these receivers except to Law
Enforcement Agencies for official use.

I am not familiar with other reliable .308 AR-10 style lowers that are
off-list, if I did I would do quick research, consult the DOJ and
obtain an
authorization letter. The letter which was issued by the DOJ on the
Eagle
AR-10 was reported to have been done in error and without consultation
of
their firearms experts.

While the news was disappointing, the DOJ was cordial and did not
express
any negative comments about the great interest in the AR-15 lowers.
They
did caution about installing prohibited features, and related
experiences to
at least one-home built AR having gone full-auto on a range...right
next to
a sworn law enforcement officer. No doubt..that was a very long day
for
several people.

Be safe, be careful and be compliant! If I do develop an alternative
to the
Eagle AR-10, I will send you an email.

Thanks again for your interest and your patience.

Regards,

Hunters-Creek

He only had two at the time, both sold. The rest were enroute from Armalite. Bet those two guys are pissed/disappointed.

TacFan
04-04-2006, 8:41 PM
He only had two at the time, both sold. The rest were enroute from Armalite. Bet those two guys are pissed/disappointed.

wonder if the DOJ will let them keep them because of the mistake :confused:

69Mach1
04-04-2006, 8:55 PM
wonder if the DOJ will let them keep them because of the mistake :confused:

Very Doubtful. Besides, I don't think those guys have them yet. The 10 day waiting period ends tomorrow.

EBWhite
04-04-2006, 8:58 PM
Well, I hope the customers are getting their DROS money refunded by either the dealer or the DOJ.

A reliable one is the Hesse, our only stoner specific option

tenpercentfirearms
04-04-2006, 9:09 PM
Remember, if they don't have it in stock, don't buy it. I tried selling lowers not in stock and had to burn a lot of guys when my supplier backed out. Learn from my mistakes.

EBWhite
04-04-2006, 9:25 PM
Also, the only reason they sold them is since it was at the show and trying to make a quick buck

Rumpled
04-04-2006, 10:07 PM
I'd like to see the letter from DOJ explaining their "error". Certainly, the original recepient must be getting that correction mailed to him/her.

CALI-gula
04-04-2006, 10:09 PM
Also, the only reason they sold them is since it was at the show and trying to make a quick buck

True. For the sake of making a quick dollar, which if I were an FFL right now, I might be trying the same on ALL of these lowers. I am sure CWS has built a nice nest-egg from this latest craze and it would be well deserved; CWS is a great group of people! They did right by me!

Just as anyone selling lowers might be making a quick buck, I know of Al (the Costa Mesa FFL), been to his house, have bought guns from him, and the guy is one of the most honest, decent people I have ever met. He might have been trying to make a quick buck (which I can't blame him in today's economy of rising interest rates), but it would have only been out of him genuinely having the idea and fully believing these would be OK in California, as off-list, and doing us good in the long run. Finding out that to not be the case, I know Al will immediately return any funds to those customers that may have paid him, and make good as best he can.

Rest assured, he's a good guy, he'll do right by everybody.

RRangel
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
True. For the sake of making a quick dollar, which if I were an FFL right now, I might be trying the same on ALL of these lowers. I am sure CWS has built a nice nest-egg from this latest craze and it would be well deserved; CWS is a great group of people! They did right by me!

Just as anyone selling lowers might be making a quick buck, I know of Al (the Costa Mesa FFL), been to his house, have bought guns from him, and the guy is one of the most honest, decent people I have ever met. He might have been trying to make a quick buck (which I can't blame him in today's economy of rising interest rates), but it would have only been out of him genuinely having the idea and fully believing these would be OK in California, as off-list, and doing us good in the long run. Finding out that to not be the case, I know Al will immediately return any funds to those customers that may have paid him, and make good as best he can.

Rest assured, he's a good guy, he'll do right by everybody.

I would have to concur on that.

Rumpled
04-04-2006, 10:23 PM
Al is a good guy, and I'm sure he'll do his best to make it right.
He's also an AW dealer, so he can retain the lowers and sell them out of state or to LE. No worry of them being confiscated from him.

EBWhite
04-04-2006, 10:28 PM
Cool, im glad he is a good guy like that. We need more of that.

I would do the same thing. I'm not saying making a quick buck is bad but selling stuff not in your hands is never good. The only reason he did it was b/c of the time crunch and extra business he would find at the costa mesa show.

Stanze
04-04-2006, 11:22 PM
I would have to concur on that.

+1, I bought my Doublestar lower from Al, he's all right by me!:)

stevie
04-05-2006, 4:03 AM
Another vote of confidence for Al, in conversation with him yesterday, he is already trying to refund any money that was given to him to purchase lowers. He is very disappointed in the decision from the DOJ in reversing the previous letter. He had gotten a call from the infamous “Iggy” yesterday to get the word that Eagle Arms lowers would be in violation of the law. He at once got in contact with Armalite and started to notify anyone who had started paperwork to purchase a lower.

In a previous conversation with Al and he was very excited at the possibility of getting these lowers into the state. Al already had his name on a couple of these and was telling me what configuration he was planning. He wanted these for himself as much as wanting to get these into your hands. During the 50bmg crisis, he was one of the foremost advocates of getting the Serbu’s into possession of us Southern Californians, and this is when I first met him. Is he in it for the money? That I cannot answer, but I can say, when I started paper work for the Serbu, he only charged me the DROS fee and not a penny more. He was more concerned with getting rifles into the hands of us shooters and did not make any money. So, knowing him as I do over these past few years. I would not have any worries with this individual.

69Mach1
04-05-2006, 6:40 AM
I am surprised at the level of effort on the part of the DOJ on this particular receiver. Why are they so focused on a limited quantity AR from Eagle Arms, but not doing anything about the tens of thousands of regular AR receivers coming into the state? Yes, it could be that they made an egregious error by issuing that approval letter, and are doing damage control. I hope that the person who got the original letter also gets a correction letter, and then posts it here.

shin_en
04-05-2006, 6:49 AM
I've never heard of Al, if he's in Orange County, could someone please pm me his contact info? Thanks

Surveyor
04-05-2006, 6:56 AM
I am surprised at the level of effort on the part of the DOJ on this particular receiver. Why are they so focused on a limited quantity AR from Eagle Arms, but not doing anything about the tens of thousands of regular AR receivers coming into the state? Yes, it could be that they made an egregious error by issuing that approval letter, and are doing damage control. I hope that the person who got the original letter also gets a correction letter, and then posts it here.

Because one of their Field agents issued a letter saying the Eagle Arms was an offlist receiver, and now it's time for damage control. (Do ya think she got her A** chewed or what!!! :D ) The funny thing is that we've been the ones saying it was illegal, they're the ones who said otherwise. It's actually kind of reassuring to know that we have a pretty good understanding of whats legal and what's not, even if they don't. :rolleyes:

Sniper3142
04-05-2006, 1:07 PM
I've never heard of Al, if he's in Orange County, could someone please pm me his contact info? Thanks

If this is the same AL who'll be up in Ventura County this weekend I would like his contact info as well (PM).

I want to ask him whether he'll be bringing some specific toys for me to buy since it is a 2 hour drive for me.

Thanks.

vrylak
04-05-2006, 2:28 PM
+1 to Al. He's an outstanding kind of guy. Very professional. You can trust him.

stevie
04-05-2006, 2:44 PM
Snopier3142,
PM sent

shin_en
04-05-2006, 6:03 PM
Hey what about me! :)

CACitUP
04-10-2006, 11:46 AM
Whats the disposition of the two receivers that were sold at the show? Did Al have to take them back. Did they clear the Dros process?? It sounds as if he cancelled all his orders and returned funds, but I didnt see anything definite on the 2 receivers sold at the show.

Just interested......

; )

leelaw
04-10-2006, 12:08 PM
They did caution about installing prohibited features, and related experiences to at least one-home built AR having gone full-auto on a range...right next to a sworn law enforcement officer.

Huh? What, did he forget the disconnect?

69Mach1
04-10-2006, 7:23 PM
Whats the disposition of the two receivers that were sold at the show? Did Al have to take them back. Did they clear the Dros process?? It sounds as if he cancelled all his orders and returned funds, but I didnt see anything definite on the 2 receivers sold at the show.

Just interested......

; )

He has an AW license, so he can keep it to sell to LEO's or out of state.

Mr331
04-10-2006, 7:37 PM
While these are considered to be "assault weapons" by the DOJ, I bet cash you will see "Eagle Arms" "AR-10" on the next list.

CACitUP
04-10-2006, 9:32 PM
He has an AW license, so he can keep it to sell to LEO's or out of state.

I know he can keep them. Im more interested in knowing whether he actually did keep them? Or did the DOJ allow the Dros on the 2 receivers. Just wondering whether thr DOJ was posturing in regards to the legality of the receivers. Has anyone actually asked about the 2?