Josh3239
06-23-2010, 12:35 PM
Mine is not there.

Barbarossa
06-23-2010, 12:37 PM
Mine is on there.

Nose Nuggets
06-23-2010, 12:50 PM
they want to ban people on the gov lists from purchasing weapons? does that include the no fly list?

Uriah02
06-23-2010, 12:53 PM
they want to ban people on the gov lists from purchasing weapons? does that include the no fly list?

Yes, there was a nice OP-Ed in the WT about how fmr Sen. Ted Kennedy being on the no-fly list and the strings he had to pull vs. regular people and what the no fly list means for law abiding citizens.

HowardW56
06-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Mine isn't there....

Crom
06-23-2010, 12:59 PM
They seem to have aligned themselves with http://www.closetheloophole.org/

Does anybody know if its true that in California criminal background checks are not conducted on all purchasers at gun shows -- including people who buy from private sellers?

That's the argument they are making.

HowardW56
06-23-2010, 1:02 PM
They seem to have aligned themselves with http://www.closetheloophole.org/

Does anybody know if its true that in California criminal background checks are not conducted on all purchasers at gun shows -- including people who buy from private sellers?

That's the argument they are making.

California law,with limited exceptions, requires that all firearms transfers pass through a dealers hands...

Cobrafreak
06-23-2010, 1:03 PM
I'm a card carrying member of "Citizens against stupid Mayors". Who want's to join?:p

timmyb21
06-23-2010, 1:04 PM
What?! I thought our new mayor joined up? She's not on there! YAY!

Crom
06-23-2010, 1:08 PM
California law,with limited exceptions, requires that all firearms transfers pass through a dealers hands...

So then if each FFL dealer is doing the background check on gun-show transactions then there is no loophole in California then. Right?

N6ATF
06-23-2010, 1:32 PM
Law-Abiding Citizens Against Treasonous Mayors.

PEBKAC
06-23-2010, 1:35 PM
Mine's not there either. Strange given that I'm in the heart of Peninsula suburbia...

Dr Rockso
06-23-2010, 1:45 PM
So then if each FFL dealer is doing the background check on gun-show transactions then there is no loophole in California then. Right?

Right (unless they consider private sales of 50+ y/o long guns to be part of the 'loophole'). When they talk about the supposed 'gun show loophole' they're not generally talking about gun shows in CA.

Super Spy
06-23-2010, 2:13 PM
Mine is not on the list....good to hear. I don't care how you dress a pig, it's still a pig. MAIG was started by Bloomberg...and we all know what a big 2A supporter he is.

orangeusa
06-23-2010, 2:23 PM
Stupid Santa Ana and Irvine. LA is a given.

Good that Orange's mayor is not on the list. I'd have to talk to her.. :)

Roadrunner
06-23-2010, 2:27 PM
No one from Stan on there.

orangevale
06-23-2010, 2:30 PM
Not mine.

Know what's cool about that list? Idaho isn't even on it. :chris:

Oklahoma seems to be missing too. :sarcasm:Damn gloriously unsophisticated mayors won’t play with the big city slickers.:sarcasm:

Josh3239
06-23-2010, 2:31 PM

The "gun show loophole" is a federal thing and it is neither a loophole nor is it limited to gun shows.

Legasat
06-23-2010, 2:35 PM
Mine is not there.

I don't see Montana either.

Devilinbp
06-23-2010, 2:38 PM
San Diego's mayor is on there......no surprise.

advocatusdiaboli
06-23-2010, 2:55 PM
Mine isn't, but a number of Bay Area cities are.

When I read their mission statement (partially reproduced below, it sounded okay--then I saw Bloomberg is a founder so I know it is a lie--they want to defy 2A and make all firearms illegal.

We support the Second Amendment and the rights of citizens to own guns. We recognize that the vast majority of gun dealers and gun owners carefully follow the law. And we know that a policy that is appropriate for a small town in one region of the country is not necessarily appropriate for a big city in another region of the country.

But what binds us together is a determination to fight crime, and a belief that we can do more to stop criminals from getting guns while also protecting the rights of citizens to freely own them. We have seen how the polarizing rhetoric of gun politics on all sides only obscures the tragic reality we see every day on our streets: violent criminals with easy access to illegal guns.

stitchnicklas
06-23-2010, 3:02 PM
not my mayor....

Chris M
06-23-2010, 3:10 PM
Milpitas mayor is not there.

Many other cities in the vicinity aren't listed, as well:
Santa Clara
Mountain View
Newark
Hayward
Union City
Morgan Hill
Gilroy
Dublin
Livermore
Los Gatos
Saratoga
Cupertino
Los Altos
Palo Alto
Redwood City
and so on...

Sinixstar
06-23-2010, 3:16 PM
Not only is my Mayor on the list - he's the Co-Chair (bloomberg)

FML.

Ed_in_Sac
06-23-2010, 3:23 PM
Our Mayor Kevin Johnson dribbled in on this one. The man just doesn't have a brain.

cbn620
06-23-2010, 3:23 PM
Could've sworn mine was on there awhile back, but not anymore.

Mstrty
06-23-2010, 3:30 PM
Anybody have a definition of an "illegal" gun. If its mayors against illegal guns they ought to know what and illegal gun is? I hope its not the "Mayors against all guns as soon as America's ready coalition"

Maybe they are taking about "Mayors against felons in possession
of legal guns coalition"? I would join that group myself.:rolleyes:

daveinwoodland
06-23-2010, 3:44 PM
Ours is not there luckily

REH
06-23-2010, 3:45 PM
Our Mayor Kevin Johnson dribbled in on this one. The man just doesn't have a brain.

Hes a politician, who will do and say what it takes to stay in office.

jaymz
06-23-2010, 3:54 PM
Mine's there. But hopefully not for long.

Knauga
06-23-2010, 3:59 PM
Mine isn't... not surprised either :D

craneman
06-23-2010, 6:13 PM
I read as much of thier coalition website as I could stand. I went to it with an open mind, as I too am not all that happy with "illegal gun" crimes. But this group has introduced and fought legislation that would have forced states to recognise other states CCW. Last I checked the crime rate of legal CCW people, it was WAY low. If I remember right like .25%, yes thats right one quarter of one percent. Fine upstanding group of citizens. So why would they be considered in any "illegal guns" discussions? These people are true anti's, and destroyers of our constitutional rights. They fly under the radar using a "good cause" to develop a bunch of crap. Here's a suggestion. Try enforcing some laws we already have on some criminals with "illegal guns".

For crying out loud, its like a broken record. It just goes round and round spewing garbage and bad statistics with no fear of any retribution. These guys are a bunch of flippin nim-nods.

Sorry, just had to get that off of my chest, AGAIN.

The only bright spot was there was not 1 single member from Utah, Wyoming, Montana, South Dakota. Not everbody has jumped on the lollipop dreams bandwagon.

Steyr_223
06-23-2010, 6:25 PM
^^^ Not one from Nevada. Only one from New Mexico, Oregon only had two..

Dreaded Claymore
06-23-2010, 6:38 PM
I don't know anything about these guys. The "About the Coalition" page of the site says that they realize most gun owners are law-abiding, that they support the right of citizens to own guns, and that they want to protect that right and keep criminals from getting guns at the same time.

However, I don't know anything about them and whether their actions in the past are consistent with these statements. Are they lying when they say they support the Second Amendment? Do we like these guys or not?

NineteenElev3n
06-23-2010, 6:41 PM
Mine is surprisingly not listed. :cool:

TempleKnight
06-23-2010, 9:46 PM
I don't have a mayor and I live in a nearly "shall issue" county. I'm having a good day. Give me a good McDonald decision and I'll feel lucky enough to buy a lottery ticket.

MrPlutonium
06-23-2010, 9:51 PM
surprise surprise the entire state of Arizona isn't there either...

Dr Rockso
06-23-2010, 10:05 PM
I don't know anything about these guys. The "About the Coalition" page of the site says that they realize most gun owners are law-abiding, that they support the right of citizens to own guns, and that they want to protect that right and keep criminals from getting guns at the same time.

However, I don't know anything about them and whether their actions in the past are consistent with these statements. Are they lying when they say they support the Second Amendment? Do we like these guys or not?

The organization is founded by Michael Bloomberg who is a long time supporter of all sorts of gun control. They want to repeal the Tiahrt Amendment (which prevents the ATF from releasing gun trace data to anyone but law enforcement), end private party transfers in states that don't already require involvement of a FFL, and oppose national concealed carry reciprocity.

KylaGWolf
06-23-2010, 10:21 PM

Nope not a surprise. This city has majorly gone downhill in the last eight years....but especially in the last two years. :(

advocatusdiaboli
06-23-2010, 10:24 PM
Anybody have a definition of an "illegal" gun.

One in the hands of a "citizen" as opposed to one of the politician controlled groups: LE, Military, Black-ops contractors (i.e. mercenaries)--who are still citizens but politicians with a hunger for power like to think otherwise. Bloomberg won't admit that's his goal yet--but he's a Machiavellian and won't divulge his goal but rather incrementally infringe on RKBA until it's nullified. He's a smart and sneaky SOB with a lot of money and a soap box as the mayor of the financial center of the globe. And man is he using it.

rod
06-24-2010, 4:01 AM
I think that's an old list. In Virginia, the VCDL went after those mayors like pihranas on a steak. A lot of our mayors got educated and quit the MAIG.

Quser.619
06-24-2010, 10:44 AM

I didn't realize that he was, guess he'll be getting another ear full from me next time I see him out & about in his front yard