PDA

View Full Version : Great news for LMT308 Cali buyers

problemchild
06-23-2010, 9:40 AM
Just got off the phone with Ray the gunsmith over at LMT. He is personally working on a solution for California and the ambi release so the BB will work. He stated that LMT cares about California buyers and "we are working on a solution". How awesome is that?

OK SOME PEOPLE NEED ME TO SPLAIN IT BETTER. THE PART IS AN EXTRA COMPONENT YOU NEED TO ORDER FOR CALIFORNIA (LIKE A BULLET BUTTON) THE RIFLE IS 57 STATE OPERABLE AND IS NOT MODIFIED FROM THE FACTORY.

He told me that they have come up with a workaround. The part consists of a left side mag release with extra material , material never machined off, that blocks the left side mag catch release from functioning. The standard BB will fit the right side and the left side will be non-functional and for looks only. He said I could try the first one out if I call him in a week (6-28-2010).

Looks like the problem is solved. Now I just wait for my gun to finish dros and I will report back with an install how-to and range report.

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/webjunk/LMT/DSC01462.jpg

Some LMT Eye Candy.......

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/webjunk/LMT/Untitled-3.jpg

problemchild
06-23-2010, 2:19 PM
Another range report I found browsing the net.

http://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?p=690073

cmace22
06-23-2010, 6:23 PM
J
He told me that they have come up with a workaround. The part consists of a left side mag release with extra material , material never machined off, that blocks the left side mag catch release from functioning. The standard BB will fit the right side and the left side will be non-functional and for looks only. He said I could try the first one out if I call him in a week (6-28-2010).

I think i would rather just have the mag release parts modified rather than the rifle. I may want to use those features some day!. Tell him just to mod the mag release parts themselves please.

GI-M1
06-23-2010, 8:19 PM
Early civilian versions showed a 'stainless steel' finish to the barrels. Now I am seeing an anodized finish to the barrels. What is \ will be shipped out if I order one in the next couple of months?

Q
06-23-2010, 8:40 PM
Thanks for the post. :thumbsup:
I'll have one of these by Christmas.:santa:

problemchild
06-23-2010, 9:13 PM
I think i would rather just have the mag release parts modified rather than the rifle. I may want to use those features some day!. Tell him just to mod the mag release parts themselves please.

OK a few pics of the LMT in action......

supermario
06-23-2010, 11:47 PM
How much do these cost in California?

lehn20
06-24-2010, 1:04 AM
$2500+

Jorge
06-24-2010, 7:11 AM
I think retail was $2800 and who knows how much for the CA modification. I want one though.

johnrunner89
06-24-2010, 11:40 AM
IMHO, I would say to tell him to not even worry about the ambi mag release. It's probably gunna add more $ to the rifle and most people won't care for it. It's a BB goodness sake, its not like we are going for quick reloads :p

problemchild
06-24-2010, 1:20 PM
IMHO, I would say to tell him to not even worry about the ambi mag release. It's probably gunna add more $ to the rifle and most people won't care for it. It's a BB goodness sake, its not like we are going for quick reloads :p

Your not understanding what I am saying.

THE GUN IS NOT COMPARABLE WITH A BULLET BUTTON. THE FACTORY IS MAKING A SPECIAL PART TO MAKE IT COMPARABLE WITH THE BULLET BUTTON SO THE RIFLE CAN BE CA LEGAL.

The part they are working on will disable the left side ambi mag release so the BB can be used on the right.

cmace22
06-24-2010, 3:10 PM
Your not understanding what I am saying.

THE GUN IS NOT COMPARABLE WITH A BULLET BUTTON. THE FACTORY IS MAKING A SPECIAL PART TO MAKE IT COMPARABLE WITH THE BULLET BUTTON SO THE RIFLE CAN BE CA LEGAL.

The part they are working on will disable the left side ambi mag release so the BB can be used on the right.

What I'm saying is..... If I buy one I'm going to get the model that the rest of the country gets and Ill make my own mag lock for it. I don't want a "California boo hoo for you model". There are many ways to fix an ambi mag release without creating a California bastard child!

You stated earlier that they were going to not machine a specific area. If they change the design to accommodate California... count me out! Ill tap the release for set screws myself.

Thanks for the effort though. Its nice to see people willing to work with our laws.

tiger222
06-24-2010, 4:47 PM
Just a side note, for the 1st time ever in the UK and US histories, the two armies are fielding the same camo - (UK with slightly different drawing), but both multi-cam, and now with the MOD sporting a US made gun, that's pretty amazing. Near rifle, will get one, one day :)

DanHuuN
06-24-2010, 4:55 PM
2500 - 2800???? Damn, I'm glad I got me pre-order at Shot Show.

PEBKAC
06-24-2010, 5:18 PM
What I'm saying is..... If I buy one I'm going to get the model that the rest of the country gets and Ill make my own mag lock for it. I don't want a "California boo hoo for you model". There are many ways to fix an ambi mag release without creating a California bastard child!

You stated earlier that they were going to not machine a specific area. If they change the design to accommodate California... count me out! Ill tap the release for set screws myself.

Thanks for the effort though. Its nice to see people willing to work with our laws.
Pretty much this. Honestly I'd rather they just installed an A2 stock (or something similar, whatever will fit on the AR-10 pattern lower), removed the FH, and shipped it without the PG attached. I'd probably make this a featureless anyway.

A huge fan of them going out of their way for us though (in principle anyway). If I ever get money again, I may just have to buy one of these. ;)

problemchild
06-24-2010, 6:10 PM

UGGHHHH

PLEASE TELL ME YOU DONT VOTE AT ELECTION TIME.

I give up! I dont think any one is reading what I type.

THE PART IS THE MAG RELEASE BUTTON ON THE LEFT SIDE. IT IS NOT THE LOWER RECEIVER. IT DOES NOT COME WITH THE RIFLE. IT DOES NOT ALTER THE RIFLE. YOU HAVE TO SPECIAL ORDER IT. IT IS AN OPTIONAL EXTRA PART FOR OPTIONAL SPECIAL ORDER! THE RIFLE COMES BONE STOCK AND WORKS IN ALL 57 OBAMA STATES.

GOT IT?

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH???

hi turtle
06-24-2010, 6:39 PM
I agree it's great of LMT to do something like this. Makes it a lot easier to bring the LMT into California. I heard the redesign BB was going to push Cali delivery into Sept?

problemchild
06-24-2010, 7:39 PM
I agree it's great of LMT to do something like this. Makes it a lot easier to bring the LMT into California. I heard the redesign BB was going to push Cali delivery into Sept?

The rifle will work with a normal BB if you order the "optional" part.

johnrunner89
06-25-2010, 1:19 AM
UGGHHHH

THE PART IS THE MAG RELEASE BUTTON ON THE LEFT SIDE. IT IS NOT THE LOWER RECEIVER. IT DOES NOT COME WITH THE RIFLE. IT DOES NOT ALTER THE RIFLE. YOU HAVE TO SPECIAL ORDER IT. IT IS AN OPTIONAL EXTRA PART FOR OPTIONAL SPECIAL ORDER! THE RIFLE COMES BONE STOCK AND WORKS IN ALL 57 OBAMA STATES.

GOT IT?

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH???

Oh okay, I think I know what you mean now! Thanks for clearing it up...and let me try and clarify it for others to understand (but correct me if I am wrong Problemchild).

They are simply designing a part to make the normal bullet button work on the firearm. All the rifles that are shipped to CA will be the exact same rifle shipped to any other state.

Better?

patriot_man
06-25-2010, 1:28 AM
Good to know that we have a top notch manufacturer that caters to our needs. :)

PEBKAC
06-25-2010, 10:01 AM
UGGHHHH

GOT IT?

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH???
Okay, thanks for clearing that up. Maybe a lack of sleep was killing my reading comprehension but I didn't see anything anywhere about how optional the part was. Huge fan of this now. :D

problemchild
06-25-2010, 10:13 AM
Oh okay, I think I know what you mean now! Thanks for clearing it up...and let me try and clarify it for others to understand (but correct me if I am wrong Problemchild).

They are simply designing a part to make the normal bullet button work on the firearm. All the rifles that are shipped to CA will be the exact same rifle shipped to any other state.

Better?

Yes, sorry I got frustrated. My apologies. Web translation is not like FTF talking.

johnrunner89
06-25-2010, 12:51 PM
Yes, sorry I got frustrated. My apologies. Web translation is not like FTF talking.

No worries, in the end you still win...cause you have the rifle and we don't! ;)
So what kind of BB do you plan on using?

problemchild
06-25-2010, 2:10 PM
No worries, in the end you still win...cause you have the rifle and we don't! ;)
So what kind of BB do you plan on using?

UPS has lost my rifle or they dont admit to having it. Tracking shows billing info only and no updates for 3.5 days now. Its insured but the driver did not sign for it and they show no pick up. Aint life a beach! Maybe its on its way to Mexican drug cartels???

johnrunner89
06-25-2010, 2:22 PM
UPS has lost my rifle or they dont admit to having it. Tracking shows billing info only and no updates for 3.5 days now. Its insured but the driver did not sign for it and they show no pick up. Aint life a beach! Maybe its on its way to Mexican drug cartels???

That sucks! Hopefully it's only a small mix up and you'll have it it no time. I remember when they lost a snowboard I ordered a couple years back but it ended up coming randomly two days after its scheduled delivery. Luckily it's insured. Let us know what happens!

problemchild
06-25-2010, 3:34 PM
That sucks! Hopefully it's only a small mix up and you'll have it it no time. I remember when they lost a snowboard I ordered a couple years back but it ended up coming randomly two days after its scheduled delivery. Luckily it's insured. Let us know what happens!

I placed another order to keep myself occupied while I wait.

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/ROADTRIP/XU6L3980.jpg

dcbiii
06-25-2010, 4:07 PM
THE RIFLE IS 57 STATE OPERABLE AND IS NOT MODIFIED FROM THE FACTORY.

UGGHHHH

GOT IT?

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH???

Voting or not, at least he knows how many states are in the Union.

JoeGSX
06-25-2010, 4:09 PM
I placed another order to keep myself occupied while I wait.

http://www.michaelkdickson.com/oldsite/ROADTRIP/XU6L3980.jpg

LOL to funny. Cant wait to hear you thoughts on the gun.

problemchild
06-25-2010, 4:16 PM
Voting or not, at least he knows how many states are in the Union.

Ouch. You've been served......

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

shark92651
06-25-2010, 6:29 PM

Maybe your middleman or wherever it originated from generated a label but has not dropped it off or had it picked up yet. Maybe UPS forgot to scan it which means it will not get an update until it reaches the next hub or UPS location. I wouldn't worry too much yet - it happens.

As far as the Cali version (special mag release or whatever they are doing) they just told us it would be 3 months before we get our shipment. For what that is worth, I hope it is sooner.

Maddog5150
06-25-2010, 8:20 PM
THE RIFLE IS 57 STATE OPERABLE AND IS NOT MODIFIED FROM THE FACTORY.

UGGHHHH

THE RIFLE COMES BONE STOCK AND WORKS IN ALL 57 OBAMA STATES.

GOT IT?

IS THAT CLEAR ENOUGH???

Cool!!!! Who have we conquered though? I think all my American flags are out dated now :(

phamkl
06-25-2010, 9:38 PM
lol, you guys aren't attacking the right person, or you're attacking him for the wrong reason. That was a dig at Obama when Obama claimed he visited 57 states in the US.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EpGH02DtIws

neomedic
06-26-2010, 1:45 PM
Can we get / order LMT with the CA part yet? If so, who and what is their contact info. Thanks.

@problemchild.... where and how did you get yours? How much was it if you don't mind my asking? Thanks

uzigalil
06-26-2010, 1:55 PM
Is there a group buy for Cali buyers ?

neomedic
06-26-2010, 8:26 PM
Is there a group buy for Cali buyers ?

I'm in :D