PDA

View Full Version : How much you figure a SA 1911 V10 ultracompact is worth?

civilsnake
06-23-2010, 8:18 AM
I have a line on a V10 UC but I'm not really sure if it's a deal or not. It's used, but good condition. Any ideas?

TERRYGER
06-23-2010, 9:52 AM
i have a standard xd40 v-10.

it is worth just slightly more than a reglar when new. used i would say it is irrelevant.

i like mine. \

used i would pay $350-450 max and would prefer the lower end.

civilsnake
06-23-2010, 10:03 AM
Aw crap, I should have specified that it's a 1911A1 V10, not an XD.

Knauga
06-23-2010, 10:17 AM
Gunbroker has several unsold one's in the $1,000 range. Considering it is an off-list pistol, you need to decide what it is worth to YOU. Set what you think is a fair price and negotiate from there.

civilsnake
06-23-2010, 11:20 AM
I don't own the gun. Someone I know is selling it. I checked GB but those are mostly new pistols. They don't seem very popular. I guess a lot of people take exception to the idea of porting on a CCW/SD pistol.

Knauga
06-23-2010, 2:57 PM
I don't own the gun. Someone I know is selling it. I checked GB but those are mostly new pistols. They don't seem very popular. I guess a lot of people take exception to the idea of porting on a CCW/SD pistol.

How much is your friend selling it for? Where is it located? ;)

manuelcardenas77
06-23-2010, 3:16 PM
I sold one on here a few months back for 725 i believe.

civilsnake
06-23-2010, 5:01 PM
I sold one on here a few months back for 725 i believe.

Stainless? Novaks? Beavertail? Ambi Safety?

Knauga
06-23-2010, 5:17 PM
All of that stuff comes standard on them, the newer V10's were part of the "loaded" line IIRC.

It is difficult to put a price on that gun in this state because it is now off the list, it is fairly uncommon and it is desirable. To me in the right condition $900 price range isn't unrealistic, of course if you ask a lot of folks here, because it is used it should be half of retail when it was sold new :rolleyes: Standard Ultra-compacts I have seen over the last couple of years generally sell used (when you can find them) in the $750-900 range. Being used isn't an issue, being abused is, but it is still hard to hurt a stainless gun short of crushing it in a vise or running it over.

Ultimately it comes down to you. Is that gun worth the price the other guy is selling it for? If not make a counter offer, the worst he'll do is say that he'd rather light it on fire than sell it to you :D

TERRYGER
06-23-2010, 7:39 PM

there are a lot of bs rumors like the gun will blind you at night because of the porting.

they don't really know as very few have ever seen one let alone shot one.

on mine it doesn't make a difference to me though lots of folks tell me it does ;)

i like my xd v10 because it is different from everyone elses and is also a great shooter and very accurate.

what else do you need?

i would say the 1911 would go for 7-750 but again, soemone would have to want it.

if it was me i would hold out for the 1911 v12 fullsize unless it was very reasonably priced.