PDA

View Full Version : which zone has the best genetics for a Monster Buck

Hunt
06-23-2010, 8:52 AM
which zones have the genetics to produce a Monster rack?

mif_slim
06-23-2010, 9:00 AM
Zone A-Z. ;) You'll find them randomly but I've seen some good deers in D zone's. I think the state record was taken near yosmite area...Just last year I saw a 180+ class at D-5...never got the chance to take it...too clever. The trail cam picked it up almost every day before season started...then on the day of opening..the trail cam never picked it up again.. :(

Rusty_Buckhorn
06-23-2010, 9:17 AM
the further east you go in this state, the the more you get into the Muleys, the bigger the deer. Eastern Sierras... north or south, both seem to hold big deer.

professionalcoyotehunter
06-23-2010, 9:29 AM
Most X-zones will have the best chances but I have seen a few monsters in the D-zones.

pieeater
06-23-2010, 3:24 PM
Blacktail or Muley?

Hunt
06-23-2010, 6:31 PM
Blacktail or Muley?what is your opinion best genetics for both which zone for muley and which for bt

lewdogg21
06-23-2010, 6:50 PM
Zone A-Z. ;) You'll find them randomly but I've seen some good deers in D zone's. I think the state record was taken near yosmite area...Just last year I saw a 180+ class at D-5...never got the chance to take it...too clever. The trail cam picked it up almost every day before season started...then on the day of opening..the trail cam never picked it up again.. :(

Thats cuz I shot him. I'll send you pics when I get the mount back. :p

zerohour714
06-24-2010, 9:43 AM
If you have the means, try Colorado! California is not what it used to be, but if you must, X-zones seem to have the biggest bucks (muleys)

napahunter
06-24-2010, 5:46 PM
In my town all the rich anti hunters live in the hills. The bucks produce some HUGE head gear. These are all black tail. If one was to take one of these bucks, man I know you will be up there in the books.
I do have a spot that the guy hates the deer. I have 3 nice bucks that I have been letting mature on the property. He called yesterday and let me know how big they are, and still growing in velvet. It's just a matter of time!!

lewdogg21
06-24-2010, 6:15 PM
Arizona's Kaibab Plateau = Best Genetics.

Napa hunter is right. MMMMMMMMONSTER bucks live in the private foothills. If they were correctly classified as blacktails instead of muleys it would be record book season.

Hunter
06-24-2010, 8:04 PM
Speaking about good genetics... not a buck but a very nice 10x9 bull to say the least.

http://blog.theoutdoorline.com/image.axd?picture=2009%2f11%2fyukon_bull2.jpg
http://blog.theoutdoorline.com/image.axd?picture=2009%2f11%2fyukon_bull3.jpg
The rest of the story can be found here.
http://blog.theoutdoorline.com/post/2009/11/18/Massive-Yukon-Elk-Scores-450!.aspx

For CA deer, just about any zone will have a few major wall hangers. But the x zones will have higher percentage with x5b, X7b, X8, X9B,ect.. being real good choices.

lewdogg21
06-24-2010, 8:23 PM
Holy S! Some red stag musta swam from NZ to the yukon and mated with that things mom!

Hunt
06-24-2010, 9:48 PM
Arizona's Kaibab Plateau = Best Genetics.

Napa hunter is right. MMMMMMMMONSTER bucks live in the private foothills. If they were correctly classified as blacktails instead of muleys it would be record book season.

private foothills of what town? If lucky maybe some public land near by or get to hunt on private land.