PDA

View Full Version : At least we're not in the Netherlands

CCWFacts
06-22-2010, 6:47 PM
Police use "decoy Jews" in a hopeless effort to improve safety of unarmed Jews (http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/europe/netherlands/7846704/Dutch-police-use-decoy-Jews-to-stop-anti-Semitic-attacks.html)

Lodewijk Asscher, Amsterdam's mayor, has ordered the new decoy strategy to cut the number of verbal and physical attacks on Jews, amid fears that anti-Semitic "hate crime" is on the rise.

"Jews in at least six Amsterdam neighbourhoods often cannot cross the street wearing a skullcap without being insulted, spat at or even attacked," according to local reports.

Amsterdam police already disguise officers as "decoy prostitutes, decoy gays and decoy grannies" in operations to deter street muggings and attacks on homosexuals or the city's red light district.

Secret television recordings by the Jewish broadcasting company, Joodse Omroep (http://www.joodseomroep.nl/), broadcast at the weekend, have shocked Amsterdam, a city which prides itself on liberalism and which is home to the Anne Frank museum.

The footage showed young men, often of immigrant origin, shouting and making Nazi salutes at a rabbi when he visited different areas of the Dutch capital.

There's a much much simpler solution than "decoy Jews". How about real Jews with real guns? Once some rabbi introduces a few of these street thugs to Allah, the problem will stop quickly.

Holland has had a lot of problems with violent Muslim immigrants, including even assassinations. Holland has been a haven for Jews since the days of Spanish Inquisition and during the Nazi occupation. And yet now, due to a combination of no CCW and lots of Muslim immigrants, a history of centuries of peaceful life for Jews is coming to an end.

It pains me.

By the way, I'm not going to be PC and call them "youths" or "street thugs" without pointing out that they are immigrant Muslim street thugs. These are not nice Dutch young people who are doing this. It may not be PC but when there is a pattern like that, we should not be afraid to say it openly.

Manic Moran
06-22-2010, 8:01 PM
How about real Jews with real guns?

Last I heard, even in the US, you were only allowed to shoot people when your life is threatened. Verbal and even some physical abuse doesn't quite get to that level.

I think this is quite a good idea by the Dutch. Sortof a Q-Ship theory, and it's law enforcement doing it.

NTM

CCWFacts
06-22-2010, 8:32 PM
Last I heard, even in the US, you were only allowed to shoot people when your life is threatened. Verbal and even some physical abuse doesn't quite get to that level.

Oh absolutely. The person has to have a reasonable fear of imminent death or great bodily harm, and also have done nothing to provoke it, etc, before lethal force can be used. Simple taunting, or even being pushed around, don't rise to that level.

There is some fine line dividing being pushed around; and being in reasonable fear of death / GBH. Especially when the aggressors are in a group vs. one.

Ar0-79yRd7w

At some point, that confrontation went from simple intimidation, to an incident of great bodily harm. I can't say exactly at which frame in the video that line was crossed, but it was somewhere, and at that point, the victim could use lethal force.

Anyway, Jews in Europe are being subjected to a lot more than just taunting in many cases. They should be armed, and when the aggressors cross that line, and the incident because aggravated assault, the victims should fight back. That's the way to stop these incidents.

professorhard
06-22-2010, 8:39 PM

I think this is quite a good idea by the Dutch. Sortof a Q-Ship theory, and it's law enforcement doing it.

NTM

If someone approached me quickly in a threatening manner while I yelled at them to stop, and they didn't, I would draw my weapon and being firing until the threat was stopped. They would not have to touch me or even say a word. As far as I know they have a dirty needle and intend to infect me with HIV. Call me whatever you want, but I would take this exact action anytime, anywhere.

Manic Moran
06-23-2010, 8:26 AM
You seriously telling me you've managed to live all your life without some form of altercation out in public? Or that you haven't, and on the occasions that such has occured, you've shot them?

NTM

Suhleen
06-23-2010, 9:11 AM
Back on topic......the growing Muslim population in Holland is creating all sorts of problems. My sister lives there so she gives us all the gory details. They're slowing taking over goverment positions and trying to institute various forms of sharia law. My sister is a nurse and cannot attend to a male muslim as she is a female. The Dutch are very worried over all the problems that are being created, but not quite sure what to do about it. Things will get interesting.

paul0660
06-23-2010, 9:16 AM
often of immigrant origin

Often.......there are plenty of native born anti-semites as well.

professorhard
06-23-2010, 9:27 AM
You seriously telling me you've managed to live all your life without some form of altercation out in public? Or that you haven't, and on the occasions that such has occured, you've shot them?

NTM

I'm really not the confrontational type so I have managed to stay out of most altercations, except for two. Once some dumb azz tried to rob me and my gf so I drew my g26 and they booked it. The other time some drunk idiot kept following me down the street calling me racial slurs/inappropriate names because I didn't give him any change. I just kept walking away until he pushed me from behind. I kept my back somewhat turned with my right hand in my pocket and waited until he came up to push me again. When he approached I hit him in the face with a zytel knuckle wedge, down for the count! LOL it was priceless