PDA

View Full Version : What do you think of my latest toy?

andywoolcott
04-04-2006, 2:43 PM
http://s76.photobucket.com/albums/j11/alleymerrillee/?action=view&current=merrilees-am15.jpg

PanzerAce
04-04-2006, 2:44 PM
O_o

please tell me you are ****ting me. Cause if you arent, looks like im about to shell out for another lower :D

request more pics...

tenpercentfirearms
04-04-2006, 3:01 PM
I think it is disturbing. Let the poor woman alone! She just works there. Man seriously, how freaked out would you be if your wife was the subject of so much fame from a bunch of gun toting psychos? I am sure I am going to get flamed for this, but come on already.

I guess it could be in honor of her for being the one to write us the letters that made this all happen. Yeah, that is what it is. :rolleyes:

I have been looking at the Tom Sawyer (or is it Superior) items and that would be pretty cool to have a Ten Percent Firearms lower.

Ten Percent Firearms
TPF-15
Cal: Multi
Serial: FUCA2005

I might have to do this. My wife is going to kill me, but this is like baseball cards now, I have to collect them all!

Stanze
04-04-2006, 3:10 PM
I don't support the IMO "stalkerish-creepy" images, I don't think they help our cause.

But, I know where it comes from...hey, the Nazis were just doing their jobs too right?:rolleyes:

If you want to fight these arseholes, fight good and hard in the voting booth! Notice how all the elected jerks have all the power? Key word is "elected".;)

bwiese
04-04-2006, 3:26 PM
Actually I believe Ben Cannon sent her a shirt - or she autographed one of his (or both). She does apparently have a bit of a sense of humor over this situation.

TheMan
04-04-2006, 3:37 PM
I think it is disturbing. Let the poor woman alone! She just works there. Man seriously, how freaked out would you be if your wife was the subject of so much fame from a bunch of gun toting psychos? I am sure I am going to get flamed for this, but come on already.

I guess it could be in honor of her for being the one to write us the letters that made this all happen. Yeah, that is what it is. :rolleyes:

I have been looking at the Tom Sawyer (or is it Superior) items and that would be pretty cool to have a Ten Percent Firearms lower.

Ten Percent Firearms
TPF-15
Cal: Multi
Serial: FUCA2005

Superior will do custom serial #s, as well as logos on the right side of the magwell. I don't know if they do them on the left side. I got a couple a while back, they look great. They might do a custom logo on the left side with large enough quantity.

bwiese
04-04-2006, 3:42 PM
What we really need is a mfgr that will do a custom model number ("Lockyer-Merrilees Precision Gun Control"), sell it both inside AND outside California (to be assured of Harrott protections. It will be very entertaining to see that show up on the list.

TMC
04-04-2006, 3:46 PM
What we really need is a mfgr that will do a custom model number ("Lockyer-Merrilees Precision Gun Control"), sell it both inside AND outside California (to be assured of Harrott protections. It will be very entertaining to see that show up on the list.

Put me down for one

Charliegone
04-04-2006, 4:36 PM
I bet she is honored by having her name on such a fine rifle. LOL.:D

C.G.
04-04-2006, 4:43 PM
Actually I believe Ben Cannon sent her a shirt - or she autographed one of his (or both). She does apparently have a bit of a sense of humor over this situation.

Not only that, but also the fact that it was her letter that she sent to Ben, being the first letter that acknowledged the Kassler decision, that started it all.

50 Freak
04-04-2006, 5:03 PM

I totally agree. No flames from me.

We may not agree with her employer's actions. But keep in mind it is the general public that through their voting powers allow the DOJ to run amok.

You don't like her actions, go out and vote and bring your entire family to vote against all these gun laws. Then maybe the politicians will earn their fat paychecks and put some reins in the DOJ.

Talkin2u2
04-04-2006, 5:24 PM
I think it is disturbing. Let the poor woman alone! She just works there.

Actually, she does "work there." But you really can't accurately say, "She JUST works there." (emphasis added)

Our friend Alison is one of the most successful gun banners in California. Before coming to the Department of Justice, she worked for Senator Jack Scott and was the go-to person on Scott's staff responsible for gun legislation.

Remember SB489 in 2003, SB 1140 & SB 1152 in 2004, SB 48 in 2005. I'm told that Alison was on point on these bills. I'm not sure if she wrote them but I am told that she was instrumental in promoting them.

Notice that in 2006, she is not in Scott's Office and Scott does not seem to be promoting the more serious anti-gun bills. Maybe that's just a coincidence. :rolleyes: But I doubt it.

BTW, one of us should post those pictures on Calguns.net so that we could all see them. How is that done?

Ricki Stevens
Sacramento, CA (but currently visiting Southern CA.)

Justang
04-04-2006, 5:31 PM

Yeah, I'd buy one too.

Rumpled
04-04-2006, 6:25 PM
I think Alison should be left out of it, but Lockyer or DOJ would be fair game.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-04-2006, 6:45 PM
I think one named "Thank You Lockyer" would look real neat on the updated list. ;)

NoTime2Shoot
04-04-2006, 7:28 PM
I think it is disturbing. Let the poor woman alone! She just works there.

I agree. However, I think it's funny. I'm kinda warped like that.

That may not be too bad of an idea. As a matter of fact, it could be easily do able....

Hmmmmm..............

glen avon
04-04-2006, 8:09 PM
I would like one saying NOT FOR GOVERNMENT USE

tenpercentfirearms
04-04-2006, 8:40 PM
Actually these custom markings bring to light how stupid this is. We can pretty much change them to anything to get a new lower. The only bad thing is it is no secret that everyone deep down inside wants to get listed. So Alison's letters are not despised by anyone here, in fact she is more of a folk hero than anything else. We like what she is doing and what she has done for us. So I guess we should look at that rifle as a tribute, not a mockery.

And that is why I won't get a custom engraved rifle. It will never get listed and what fun is that? It would be cool though.

islandchanel
04-04-2006, 8:44 PM
We should get lowers with the logos on the calfornia lower race stickers. With the picture of the lowers. I think that would be funny

TheMan
04-04-2006, 9:02 PM

Close enough?

http://www.tomsawyermfg.com/Freedom_Loving_Restriction.JPG

markymark
04-04-2006, 9:34 PM
hahaha! Damn, thanks for the laugh! :D

ldivinag
04-04-2006, 10:57 PM
Close enough?

http://www.tomsawyermfg.com/Freedom_Loving_Restriction.JPG

unfortunately, as of jan 06, SAWYER MFG wouldnt ship to KALIF...

:(

imagine what i had in mind:

CADOJ

model: FU-16

by the selector: SAFE, FIRE, and OMG

TheMan
04-04-2006, 11:24 PM
unfortunately, as of jan 06, SAWYER MFG wouldnt ship to KALIF...

:(

imagine what i had in mind:

CADOJ

model: FU-16

by the selector: SAFE, FIRE, and OMG

Sounds nice. Have a friendly FFL in another state order it, then they can sell it to you. Or you could always try Tom Sawyer again, seems like several places have changed their tune as the $$ has been rolling out of CA to the places that will sell to us.

xenophobe
04-05-2006, 12:24 AM
I think it is disturbing. Let the poor woman alone!

+1

I think Alison should be left out of it, but Lockyer or DOJ would be fair game.

Agreed!

Jeff Rambo
04-05-2006, 12:49 AM
Weird. Simply weird.