PDA

View Full Version : Please DON'T contact me to sell something...

bwiese
04-04-2006, 11:39 AM
For some reason, my AR/AK FAQ (w/an email contact to me ) seems to have recently brought out folks that, for some reason, want to sell me something. Such people do seem to avoid using PMs, so I dunno if these are folks that are Calguns members trying not to break Forum rules, or people outside Calguns - maybe from ARF.COM - that've read the FAQ.

Why, I dunno. These messages are deleted. If there's something you wanna sell, put it on the For Sale forum here. Maybe I'll see it, and if I want it I'll be sure to let you know - probably not, though.

But even though I'm a fan of ARs, contrary to popular opinion I am NOT a dumping ground for AR parts. Any stuff I want is not the stuff folks are likely to sell (unless desperate for cash.) I just don't want to buy spare/used uppers of unknown origin, small parts, etc. - or be asked join someone's group buy to save $10 when I'd pay $30 extra to NOT join a group buy.

[I am willing to buy Elcan and ACOG and certain IOR Valdada scopes for $375 all day long though :) ]

I'm more than glad to continue to share opinions/comments, attempt to answer questions (issue opinions) about off-list stuff & CA AW laws, and work thru any issues regarding overall AR functionality. Just don't try to sell me your crap.

Thanks for letting me flame.

TonyM
04-04-2006, 11:45 AM
But Bill,

I have a hammer spring that actually saw action in Nam. I'm selling it for $199.99. It's like new in the plastic.

Let me know, I have other interested parties, but I thought of you first.

FreedomIsNotFree
04-04-2006, 12:24 PM
But Bill,

I have a hammer spring that actually saw action in Nam. I'm selling it for $199.99. It's like new in the plastic.

Let me know, I have other interested parties, but I thought of you first.

I see how it is Tony.....you offer it to me for $299.99, but you will sell it to Bill for $100 less....fine.

ldivinag
04-04-2006, 12:51 PM
bill...

i have a time machine ready to sell.

only have 1 preset to year 1999.

only downside is previous tests, the subjects would come back with 1 or 2 limbs missing....

interested??????

bu-bye
04-04-2006, 1:03 PM
bill...

i have a time machine ready to sell.

only have 1 preset to year 1999.

only downside is previous tests, the subjects would come back with 1 or 2 limbs missing....

interested??????

As long as I get to keep my shooting arm :D

MaxQ
04-04-2006, 1:05 PM
Aw, c'mon, Bill. I was just about to email you about some 99 cent pistol grips...

bwiese
04-04-2006, 1:20 PM
Aw, c'mon, Bill. I was just about to email you about some 99 cent pistol grips...

Trust me, I actually already have two beat up gunshow "99cent pistol grip" for ARs in my parts box. My assertions are backed up in fact ;)

50 Freak
04-04-2006, 1:23 PM
But Bill, didn't you get my e-mail offering for sale a certain bridge in the Bay Area????:D :D

bwiese
04-04-2006, 1:36 PM
Novice. I've got a stash of four or five. The A2 kits are the first thing to go since 1997 ;)

"You can't give them away"

Haha. Actually, the 99 cent grips are A1 grips.

Guinness
04-04-2006, 1:38 PM
Bill, I've seen links to your FAQ page on alot of other boards and forums. Its too bad others are using the info you've decided to share with everyone to annoy you and waste your time..

blacklisted
04-04-2006, 1:38 PM
Haha. Actually, the 99 cent grips are A1 grips.

You made me spread lies and misinformation. The picture on the site is of an A2 grip :eek:

tenpercentfirearms
04-04-2006, 1:40 PM
I will remember that. Oh, I will remember that. You are cut off! I should have never sold you those lowers in the first place. :D