PDA

View Full Version : Glock trigger reach

ruchik
06-22-2010, 1:35 AM
Is there any way to reduce a Glock's trigger reach? I am well aware of all the different grip reductions out there, but those don't remove material from the tang of the grip, which is where the actual distance to the trigger from the frame is measured. I literally cannot pull the trigger on a Glock 19, simply because my hands are too small. And no, I don't want a G36 or SF model.

MossbergMan
06-22-2010, 10:29 AM
Take a look at Glockworx triggers They change the geometery and they a little closer to the frame. Short of that, may I suggest looking at a Springfield XD. I have clients with simular issues with Glock pistols that disappear with the XD line.

Corbin Dallas
06-22-2010, 12:50 PM
Is there any way to reduce a Glock's trigger reach? I am well aware of all the different grip reductions out there, but those don't remove material from the tang of the grip, which is where the actual distance to the trigger from the frame is measured. I literally cannot pull the trigger on a Glock 19, simply because my hands are too small. And no, I don't want a G36 or SF model.

Really? If you can't reach a 19 the 36 or any SF model is not going to help...

Contact Ray at Glockworx, I'm sure he's got something for you.

If not, check into a Steyr M9-A1.

Turo
06-22-2010, 1:14 PM
Maybe your grip could be to blame, could you take a picture of you holding the gun and post it? It would help us diagnose the problem much quicker.

If not, when you grip the pistol, is the web of your hand as high up on the grip as you can get it? Also, see if you can rotate your hand around on the gun so that your shooting hand thumb tip is further back on the grip so that your trigger finger can reach the trigger.

Ultimate
06-22-2010, 1:30 PM
Even though those grip reductions don't remove material from the upper part of the backstrap sometimes the removal of the hump will allow you for a better reach because hump is not forcing the gun to tilt sideways in your hand.

I know in my small hands the glock 26 feels better because the hump ends up where it should on my palm while on my 23 it forces the gun to want to tilt right. I am hoping gen 4 glocks fix that issue.

I would say go hold a 26 and see if the reach is better, if it is, you might benefit from the regular grip reduction.

Also be careful if you do decide to shift your grip on the pistol because it might cause the tail of the gun to constantly massacre your thumb knuckle.