PDA

View Full Version : Forget Chicago send me to Iraq!

winnre
06-21-2010, 6:27 PM
See the headlines here? WTF!

http://www.myfoxtampabay.com/dpps/news/52-shot,-eight-dead-in-chicago-weekend-violence-dpgonc-km-20100621_8240081

52 Shot, Eight Dead In Chicago Weekend Violence

Updated: Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 5:12 PM EDT
Published : Monday, 21 Jun 2010, 5:12 PM EDT

(NewsCore) - Eight people were killed and at least 44 others were shot in Chicago in a spate of gun violence that lasted from Friday night until early Monday morning, the Chicago Sun-Times reported Monday.

Those killed included an unidentified 29-year-old man found lying dead on a sidewalk wearing women’s clothing; three men, two of them related, whose deaths police believe to be gang-related; and a 20-year-old man killed after a verbal altercation over a woman turned violent, a shooting in which two other people were injured.

A one-year-old baby girl suffered a graze wound to her neck when gunfire broke out during a barbecue shortly after midnight Monday. Four men were also injured, one critically, in the incident.

At least 10 people were shot Sunday, including a 16-year-old girl who was hospitalized in critical condition. On Saturday, at least 21 people were shot.

(This article is provided by NewsCore, which aggregates news from around News Corporation.)

ldivinag
06-21-2010, 7:22 PM
this story is wrong...

guns are illegal in chicago...

at least his royal highness the mayor says so...

The Director
06-21-2010, 8:33 PM
If you had 8 dead and 52 shot in iraq on a given day it would make the news. In Chicago, it's just par for the course where the inmates are running the asylum.

I've got friends in Kabul now and I think it's safer than Chicago!

N6ATF
06-21-2010, 8:56 PM
After watching The Hurt Locker... the only good thing I can say about Chicago is at least there aren't IEDs all over the place.

Pyrodyne
06-21-2010, 10:19 PM
Wilco Tango Foxtrot :ack2:

Condolences to the families. There aren't many details. This was one group carrying out the attacks, or was this all out war in the streets? Exactly how did this just keep going for all of that time?