PDA

View Full Version : AR pivot pin ???'s

gotgunz
04-03-2006, 10:44 PM
Ok, I am getting my rifle kit from Model 1 Sales on Friday (according to UPS.com) and want to know about the pins used to affix the upper to the reciever.
I saw some nice pins with either rings or push buttons & handles at
www.mcmaster.com

My question is: What are the dimensions needed? diameter and length for both the lock pin and the pivot?

Yes, I could probably measure it if I had the right tools (precision) but figure somebody on here must know the specs.
Thanks

p.s. the kit is the 20" stainless bull barrel, a3 flat top with the Versa Pod and Ace skeleton stock.

gotgunz
04-04-2006, 1:44 AM
Good God!!!!!

49 views and not one,single response??????

NeoWeird
04-04-2006, 2:19 AM
You only need to change the rear takedown pin. The forward pin can stay the normal AR pin, so you only need the rear takedown pin to be the 'quick release' style.

It's a 1/4 OD x 1" pin.

jmlivingston
04-04-2006, 7:30 AM
I recommend the Watson Weapons takedown pin that Wes was selling.

John

gotgunz
04-04-2006, 4:00 PM
So, .250" x 1.00"? Thanks!

Watson????? Wes??????? I missed "school" that day, do tell me more.

Thanks again.

C.G.
04-04-2006, 4:32 PM
So, .250" x 1.00"? Thanks!

Watson????? Wes??????? I missed "school" that day, do tell me more.

Thanks again.

http://www.watsonsweapons.com/50boss.htm

tenpercentfirearms
04-04-2006, 8:50 PM
www.tenpercentfirearms.com/acc.htm#ww. Wes is the name of the guy who owns Ten Percent Firearms. Some people think he is a good guy. I am still not sold on him though.

PIRATE14
04-04-2006, 9:09 PM
www.tenpercentfirearms.com/acc.htm#ww. Wes is the name of the guy who owns Ten Percent Firearms. Some people think he is a good guy. I am still not sold on him though.

Ya that guy sells stuff that is full auto........one crazy dude:eek:

cheezerman
04-04-2006, 9:46 PM
If you're looking for a rear takedown pin (the pin that allows you to open up the AR to reload), FAB 10 has quick release pull-ring pins for sale here.

http://www.fabten.com/online_catalog.htm

I hate their lowers, but I like the pin.

my $0.02

tenpercentfirearms
04-04-2006, 10:12 PM
Yeah, I used to sell full auto lowers until the DOJ came and took them. I wonder who sold those lowers to me? :confused: It was a pirate who stole me money and the DOJ stole me products. Aaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

I also sell 100% manure too. Actually, that is usually all I sell.

Gnote
04-05-2006, 6:06 PM
If you get an ambi safety, don't use the watson pin. It just gets in the way.

bwiese
04-05-2006, 6:20 PM

Yeah, I hear he's really easy to lead astray, he seems to occasionally get advice from this large loud a**hole in San Jose.

snobordr
04-05-2006, 9:54 PM
I hear he is a glutton for punishment, that's why he got into the lower game to begin with.

I just wonder if he is selling various lower parts (ie. not in kits)... I have a need for a trigger, one detent, and one extra release button.

C.G.
04-05-2006, 10:01 PM
I hear he is a glutton for punishment, that's why he got into the lower game to begin with.

I just wonder if he is selling various lower parts (ie. not in kits)... I have a need for a trigger, one detent, and one extra release button.

Mods Gone Wild?:D

tenpercentfirearms
04-05-2006, 11:08 PM
e-mail him and he might be able to help you with your parts problem. guns@tenpercentfirearms.com

gotgunz
04-06-2006, 7:38 PM
Hijacked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:d

ldivinag
04-06-2006, 8:25 PM
I also sell 100% manure too. Actually, that is usually all I sell.

group buy available????????

tenpercentfirearms
04-06-2006, 8:46 PM
I am willing to put together a group buy. I will knock $5 off the price, but you have to pay the cash up front, I am going to delay shipment several months, then I will probably just keep the money because I couldn't get the manufacturer to deliver. :D