PDA

View Full Version : QUESTIONS ABOUT STAG AR'S

SHEEPDOG4life
06-21-2010, 3:48 PM
DOES STAG STAMP A LOGO ON THEIR BARREL? AND IF U PUT A YHM RAIL FREE FLOAT ON THE MODEL 2 DO YOU HAVE TO TAKE OFF THE SECOND SLING SWIVEL FROM THE FRONT POST SIGHT AREA?

upinflames2400
06-21-2010, 3:52 PM
No they don't put a logo on the barrell just the lower. And not sure about the rail. Shoulnt hav to remove anything as long as it's carbine length. I put a larue 9" on and had to remove the post

xxINKxx
06-21-2010, 3:52 PM
The only thing that is on my stag barrel is that it says "STAG ARMS 5.56 NATO 1/9" engraved really small on the top. You can barley even see it though. I dont even think I noticed it for a long time haha.

Not sure about the 2nd question. Like the other guy said, if its carbine length and designed to be used with the front sight post then it wont need to be removed. If its a longer rail and wont work with the front sight, then it wont matter if the sling mount is there or not since the sight will need to be removed.

SHEEPDOG4life
06-21-2010, 4:03 PM
COOL THANKS!!! ILL LOOK FOR IT WHEN I PICK IT UP TOMORROW

saber
06-21-2010, 4:04 PM
The issue with the YHM free float tube is whether it requires the removal of the front sight post.

Some of the free float tubes come as two pieces and you snap in behind the front sight post (see Daniel Defense as an example).

Other free float tubes are one piece. Most one piece free float tubes require the removal of the front sight block. I have a STAG 2HT upper and it looks to me that if you had to remove the front sight block to install a free float tube, the sling swivel would have to go as well. It appears to me that the YHM free float tubes are one piece but I could be wrong.

dachan
06-21-2010, 4:09 PM
Stag barrels are stamped "STAG ARMS 5.56 NATO 1/9" just forward of the gas block/front sight mount.

To mount most YHM free float handguards you have to remove the flash suppressor, gas block/front sight mount, barrel mounted slingmount, handguards, and barrel nut/delta ring assembly.

BTW, there's no need to yell on this forum.

SHEEPDOG4life
06-21-2010, 4:11 PM
I ORDERED IT FROM A SHOP AND THEY PUT IT ALL TOGETHER FOR ME. I NOTICED IN THE PHOTOS THAT THE SECOND SLING SWIVEL ATTACHMENT WAS GONE. SO I ASKED AND THEY ARE SAYING BECAUSE OF THE RAIL SYSTEM THE SECOND SLIDING SLING CANT BE PUT BACK ON....I FOUND THAT SORTA ODD.

saber
06-21-2010, 6:17 PM
Another reason to remove the side sling mount is that most of the YHM rail mounts come with sling attachment points. You can also add one on the rail.

That way, the sling is pulling on the rail instead of the barrel.

SHEEPDOG4life
06-22-2010, 1:00 AM
thanks!

car15
06-22-2010, 9:21 AM
I would insist they return the uninstalled part back to me. It is useful and you’ll most likely use it latter on another build or sell it.

GearHead
06-22-2010, 10:05 AM
NO BUT IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS YOU GET A DISCOUNT

ArkinDomino
06-22-2010, 11:26 AM
Why are you yelling bro? :)

IsaacGlass
06-22-2010, 5:11 PM
NO BUT IF YOU TYPE IN ALL CAPS YOU GET A DISCOUNT
:smilielol5:

ar15barrels
06-22-2010, 7:05 PM
I would insist they return the uninstalled part back to me.
It is useful and you’ll most likely use it latter on another build or sell it.

Would you want the drilled-out rivet back too?

Dolk
06-29-2010, 9:14 PM
or on the barrel.....

Stag Arms
Cal. 223 REM
1/9

These were made by Stag Arms for export and they had a large over run. And that over run was sold in the States. I have one on a left hander. It will chamber and fire both 5.56 and .223 Rem. according to Stag.

dolk