PDA

View Full Version : Stripper loader for our "break open to load" rifles but at 1/2 the COST!!!

PistolKidd
04-03-2006, 7:09 PM
I thought you guys might like to know how cheap these things really are. From the pictures, I think this is the exact same one JICKORICKO is trying to pawn off...

I first used them years ago and I actually like them because you dont need to use stripper clips.. you can just pour them in and push them down wiht your thumb...very cheap and pretty convenient.. and they're plastic.. so if you need to modify it, it would only take a few minutes with a dremel and the right cutting bit..

Paying $20 bucks for just ONE of these things unmodified is just plain crazy.. so to avoid crapping in someone else's thread, I thought I'd post it here..

YOU CAN GET NOT ONE, BUT TWO!! of these plastic loaders for about $12.. thats right $12 bucks for TWO...

Im sure JICKORICKO is a standup guy selling you unmodded ones for this price, and if you buy a $25 one, more power to you.. but I thought I'd share this...

i figure what comes around goes around...so here's the link-
ENJOY YOURSELVES

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180422

Im mainly gauging interest in this, as I would gladly take payment and then put in one massive order and then ship the stuff out to you guys.. You would need to include a few dollars for shipping.. but thats about it..

or you can order yourself and not worry about some middle man trying to milk you for a ton of money.... :D

Gnote
04-03-2006, 7:57 PM
I wasn't even thinking about these. Now because of you two, I ended up buying 3 sets. I figure I can give them away to friends.

Evil Gun
04-03-2006, 8:17 PM
[QUOTE=Technical Ted]

These loaders are still used by the Canadian Armed Forces to load their C7 (Canadian designation for their M16's) magazines. The Canadians used Thermold nylon mags instead of metal because they thought they would work better for their troops in The Great White North.
QUOTE]So I take it, these will work on metal magazines?

Jicko
04-03-2006, 8:22 PM
I thought you guys might like to know how cheap these things really are. From the pictures, I think this is the exact same one JICKORICKO is trying to pawn off...

I first used them years ago and I actually like them because you dont need to use stripper clips.. you can just pour them in and push them down wiht your thumb...very cheap and pretty convenient.. and they're plastic.. so if you need to modify it, it would only take a few minutes with a dremel and the right cutting bit..

Paying $20 bucks for just ONE of these things unmodified is just plain crazy.. so to avoid crapping in someone else's thread, I thought I'd post it here..

YOU CAN GET NOT ONE, BUT TWO!! of these plastic loaders for about $12.. thats right $12 bucks for TWO...

Im sure JICKORICKO is a standup guy selling you unmodded ones for this price, and if you buy a $25 one, more power to you.. but I thought I'd share this...

i figure what comes around goes around...so here's the link-
ENJOY YOURSELVES

http://www.sportsmansguide.com/cb/cb.asp?a=180422

Im mainly gauging interest in this, as I would gladly take payment and then put in one massive order and then ship the stuff out to you guys.. You would need to include a few dollars for shipping.. but thats about it..

or you can order yourself and not worry about some middle man trying to milk you for a ton of money.... :D

Thanks for the link.... I am just starting to make contacts... I personally haven't acquire anything yet... now it is more bargaining power for me...

But now... where is the link of $12 bucks for TWO...

Henry47
04-03-2006, 8:47 PM
Thanks for the link.... I am just starting to make contacts... I personally haven't acquire anything yet... now it is more bargaining power for me...

But now... where is the link of $12 bucks for TWO...

on the link that is provided in the first post of this thread, if you click it, it'll bring you to sportsmansguide, where it says "2 AR-15 Mag Loaders"

akjunkie
04-03-2006, 9:09 PM
i believe the one's sold by sportsmansguide are made in USA and Not from Canada...

Promags..

http://www.promagindustries.com/accessories.asp

will Sportsmansguide ship the loader to Calif? they along with cheaperthandirt are Anti-calif when it comes to anything AW related.

Jicko
04-03-2006, 10:02 PM
Not in stock... :-(

GTKrockeTT
04-03-2006, 11:13 PM
isn't it the same as this:

http://www.midwayusa.com/eproductpage.exe/showproduct?saleitemid=910781

PistolKidd
04-04-2006, 7:43 AM
Not in stock... :-(

I called and put in an order, the nice lady said they would arrive april 13ish... but but... how will i ever load my 10 rounds if i dont one of these? :o

if you click the link i provided, it takes you to the page where the item is sold.. If you then read the description, it says you GET TWO for about 10 bucks (it was less than $12, i apologize as the item is actually cheaper than what i originally stated)..it's not like the link takes you to an OVERPRICED ONE for 25.. i know that reading is sometimes overrated.. but sometimes it does avoid some silly mixups :D

as for everything else..

I just saw the midway price! Yikes 8 bucks for one! i bet their shipping is more reasonable too, but it would probably come out to the same price for 2 shipped.. and yes, these should* work on metal AR magazines.. If these are the same ones Ive used in the past, they'll work like a charm on standard USGI AR magazines..

Im glad people are posting alternatives here. Save yourself some money and order from midway or that sportsman guide place.. we should do a gropu buy on these things.. that way it would cut down on shipping costs! maybe JRicko could do it- oh wait, I just realized that maybe i dont wanna spend 20 bucks for one and probably another 10 for shipping :D .. he seems to really redefine the term "mark up"..hehe

I would be willing to do it as well... just post here your interest here and if there are enough buyers, Ill post something in the Firearms Accessory page for it. I'll even buy some for JRicko so that he can turn around and sell them for even more profit to our other Calgun members!! that way it's a win-win for everyone!!! :D

as for the how-to thread.. thanks technical ted.. i dont have one available to me right now, so im not sure what else you would need to do to make it a more effective holder.. but thanks for posting your stuff.. if you wnat, feel free to continue posting..ie pictures along with the corresponding how-to if you're so inclined...

I ordered mine, and they'll be here in a few weeks... so no biggie.. If you find them cheaper, keep the links coming.. Oh, does anyone know where you can find a link to the plastic stripper clips? I have a bunch of the metal ones but i hate using them.. I remember the plastic ones breaking, but being less abusive on the hands and fingers.. I'd rather have 20 plastics ones and throw them away as they break rather than 5 metal ones that tear up my hands..

PistolKidd
04-04-2006, 7:46 AM
I wasn't even thinking about these. Now because of you two, I ended up buying 3 sets. I figure I can give them away to friends.

yea gnote, i bought extras too.. i plan on selling them to my friends for huge profit..like HUGE..

that or i could just give them away to my friends ;)

Jicko
04-04-2006, 8:32 AM
Im glad people are posting alternatives here. Save yourself some money and order from midway or that sportsman guide place.. we should do a gropu buy on these things.. that way it would cut down on shipping costs! maybe JRicko could do it- oh wait, I just realized that maybe i dont wanna spend 20 bucks for one and probably another 10 for shipping :D .. he seems to really redefine the term "mark up"..hehe

And AGAIN, I wasn't SELLING the item.... I was just making contacts...... But I hold my supplier no fault, cuz I was asking for "custom-made" items... and maybe they are figuring in some NRE.....

Thanks for the link.... I am just starting to make contacts... I personally haven't acquired anything yet...

PistolKidd
04-04-2006, 9:28 AM
And AGAIN, I wasn't SELLING the item.... I was just making contacts...... But I hold my supplier no fault, cuz I was asking for "custom-made" items... and maybe they are figuring in some NRE.....

hahah.. This is MY thread about how i can get UNMODDED ones cheaper than what you're trying to offer them..

dont clutter up this thread with your postings if you're not going to add anything of benefit.. this is for everyone who doenst want to pay stupidly high prices for unmodded loaders...

Again, Do NOT CLUTTER this thread unless you have something useful to add. You can PM me if you have something personal to say.. otherwise Please do not thread crap here.. if you choose to continue posting, I can't physically stop you short of notifying a Moderator, but everytime you do, this just bumps my thread to the top :D

Thanks!

GTKrockeTT
04-04-2006, 9:36 AM
hahah.. This is MY thread about how i can get UNMODDED ones cheaper than what you're trying to offer them..

dont clutter up this thread with your postings if you're not going to add anything of benefit.. this is for everyone who doenst want to pay stupidly high prices for unmodded loaders...

Again, Do NOT CLUTTER this thread unless you have something useful to add. You can PM me if you have something personal to say.. otherwise Please do not thread crap here.. if you choose to continue posting, I can't physically stop you short of notifying a Moderator, but everytime you do, this just bumps my thread to the top :D

Thanks!

why all the animosity towards JR?

http://www.dogmacatma.com/images/050805_17.jpg

PistolKidd
04-04-2006, 9:41 AM
cause i havent had my coffee this mroning :-)

Jicko
04-04-2006, 1:05 PM
why all the animosity towards JR?

Thx.

*sigh*... kid...

SI-guru
04-04-2006, 1:35 PM
I think both Ted and I have tried to point out is that these Promag/MidwayUSA loaders are much better loading solutions to the Canadian loader in the other thread. People who own FAB10 for a long time including myself have plenty of time to experiment with different methods and I have to say promag/midwayUSA loaders are better solution independent of the price. If it happens they are just a fraction of the cost of the Canadian ones, that's just even better news.

[Edit to clarify, thanks for pointing that out Ted]
This is the better loader I am talking about
http://www.promagindustries.com/images/PM077.jpg

ldivinag
04-04-2006, 1:58 PM
LOL...

ordered and now expect JUNE 3!!!!!!!! :eek:

Santa Cruz Armory
04-04-2006, 4:57 PM

Thanks!

I have something to useful to add... and no, I wont PM you, I'd rather it be here for everyone to see what a putz people like you are. And by all means BUMP IT UP !

Why didnt you just post a friendly post stating that these were available elsewhere as well and then post the link and leave it at that?

Why the need to crap one someone elses thread? If you were at all a thinker you would have PM'd JR and told him what your plan was so he could have either edited/ removed his post to reflect the newly found price or you two could have crafted a partner deal.

But no, you chose the weasel approach...the approach where you slammed him and talked crap about him trying to gouge people. Not cool!

This forum doesn't need people to come to this here and "start sh!#" we are looking to create a community of people that are like minded, thus far I haven't seen too many that come off like you.

This is a helpful forum, I must give you the benefit of the doubt as you obviously didn't realize this, and thought you were on ARF.com where I read posts from "your type" frequently.

Remember what your mom used to say "if you dont have anything nice....."

Get my drift? I thought so.

PistolKidd
04-04-2006, 5:37 PM
I have something to useful to add... and no, I wont PM you, I'd rather it be here for everyone to see what a putz people like you are. And by all means BUMP IT UP !

Why didnt you just post a friendly post stating that these were available elsewhere as well and then post the link?

Why the need to crap one someone elses thread? If you were at all a thinker you would have PM'd JR and told him what your plan was so he could have either edited/ removed his post to reflect the newly found price or you two could have crafted a partner deal.

But no, you chose the weasel approach...the approach where you slammed him and talked crap about him trying to gouge people. Not cool!

This forum doesn't need people to come to this here and "start sh!#" we are looking to create a community of people that are like minded, thus far I haven't seen too many that come off like you.

This is a helpful forum, I must give you the benefit of the doubt as you obviously didn't realize this, and thought you were on ARF.com where I read posts from "your type" frequently.

Remember what your mom used to say "if you dont have anything nice....."

Get my drift? I thought so.

Yes, Im a jerk for finding a much cheaper alternative.
Yes, Im motivated by money as I stand to gain tons of cash by providing you this link..
Yes, my contribution to the forum has been to mercilessly overprice you with essentially two $5 dollar pieces of plastic...

So yes, I apologize, I'm the bad guy.. I take full responsibilty for my actions..

As a peace offering, would it make you feel better if I offered to sell you this same piece of plastic for $25 bucks?? Let me know and I'll tell you where you can paypal me. :)

btw, does anyone know where I can get those plastic stripper clips??

Santa Cruz Armory
04-04-2006, 5:54 PM
Yes, Im a jerk for finding a much cheaper alternative.
Yes, Im motivated by money as I stand to gain tons of cash by providing you this link..
Yes, my contribution to the forum has been to mercilessly overprice you with essentially two $5 dollar pieces of plastic...

So yes, I apologize, I'm the bad guy.. I take full responsibilty for my actions..

As a peace offering, would it make you feel better if I offered to sell you this same piece of plastic for $25 bucks?? Let me know and I'll tell you where you can paypal me. :)

It's not the fact that you were "finding a much cheaper alternative" or provided us with a link, it was the way you approached it, plain & simple.

Do you think for a second that anyone here would have cared if you posted saying "AR strippers" and JUST provided the link? But no, you added the overtones. That is what rubbed me wrong.

Good, I'm glad you see the light...

As a peace offering, would it make you feel better if I offered to sell you this same piece of plastic for $25 bucks?? Let me know and I'll tell you where you can paypal me.

No thanks, if you looked at the original thread posted by JR you'd see that I already own them.;)

Good day:)

grammaton76
04-04-2006, 5:55 PM

Dude - there's a really easy way to get people not to post in your threads - and it's all in YOUR power! ...ready...? Get this: don't attack someone in your thread if you don't want them to post in it defending themselves. Attacking someone is sort of demanding that they come in to defend themselves.

So, idea - don't attack JR here, and you won't be encouraging him to show up here. Simple as that.

Santa Cruz Armory
04-04-2006, 5:57 PM
Dude - there's a really easy way to get people not to post in your threads - and it's all in YOUR power! ...ready...? Get this: don't attack someone in your thread if you don't want them to post in it defending themselves. Attacking someone is sort of demanding that they come in to defend themselves.

So, idea - don't attack JR here, and you won't be encouraging him to show up here. Simple as that.

Amen Brother !

Jicko
04-05-2006, 5:27 PM

My supplier contact actually offers those together with the loader... or just them independently too.

But I dare not to make an offering to you here, else you will just say that I'm scamming you... (oh... but remember, I didn't have any goods to sell actually... lol).....

And the moment I post how much those clips may cost.... you will come out with half a dozen of links of them at a lower price.... so, I guess.... I better not....

For those of you who are really interested in the stripper clips, PM me....

grammaton76
04-05-2006, 5:51 PM
*deep inhale*
<Stan>Omigod! It's a San Diego SMUG alert</stan>
(If you don't watch Southpark, you probably won't get that.)

I, unfortunately, have craptastic cable (local monopoly, no comedy central, and the company won't ever add it) and am relegated to watching the DVD sets as they come out. What season is that in? I'm hoping it's 7, since it just came out... :)

TonyM
04-05-2006, 6:28 PM
*deep inhale*
<Stan>Omigod! It's a San Diego SMUG alert</stan>
(If you don't watch Southpark, you probably won't get that.)

<weatherman>If that San Diego SMUG storm merges with George Clooney's Oscar Speech SMUG, it's all over for San Diego..</weatherman>

:D

rkt88edmo
04-05-2006, 6:54 PM
I have the complete "Understanding Ted-talk" DVD set of movies you need to watch in order to understand all of his references. I won't post them because it is all proprietary info. PM me for the price. Just be warned, Ted has seen a lot of media.

C.G.
04-05-2006, 7:24 PM
(Just for rkt: nothing like "Being There")
<Chance The Gardener>I like to watch.</Chance The Gardener>

One of my all time favorites.:)

rkt88edmo
04-05-2006, 8:08 PM
Definitely Forrest Gumps father.

(Just for rkt: nothing like "Being There")
<Chance The Gardener>I like to watch.</Chance The Gardener>