PDA

View Full Version : Is a TWIC card a valid form of a second ID for a handgun purchase?

strangerdude
06-21-2010, 9:56 AM
Taking my friend today to get his first gun, and all he has is a TWIC card. Is it okay to use as a second ID? It is issued by the government so I assume yes but just want to get a second opinion, thanks!

bigstick61
06-21-2010, 1:16 PM
I would imagine so. I've used my MMD for this purpose. I don't see why a TWIC would not also qualify.

Barbarossa
06-21-2010, 2:54 PM
Pain in the "A" to get a TWIC!

bigstick61
06-21-2010, 5:18 PM

Really? I didn't have a hard time getting it. The hardest part was just waiting a few months for approval.

fairfaxjim
06-21-2010, 8:33 PM
Really? I didn't have a hard time getting it. The hardest part was just waiting a few months for approval.

OT - I guess waiting months to get a card you need to work NOW from a bunch of TSA Bozos is no sweat??

This TWIC thing is the precursor to a national ID card - you will have to be on the fed radar and have a security clearance to get a job cleaning toilets before it is over!!

BTW - if you have a TWIC, you should keep it in a shielded holder to prevent reading of the RFID chip in it by unauthorized systems.

Used my TWIC one time to go through airport security and the guy looked at me like I handed him a dog turd. OT completed, sorry.

What, your friend didn't have to have some ID to get a TWIC card? Think about that for a second.

Brianguy
06-21-2010, 8:36 PM
Let us know if it works. I have an appointment tomorrow to get mine:chris:

jaymz
06-21-2010, 8:59 PM
What the heck is a TWIC card?

darksands
06-21-2010, 9:17 PM
http://www.lmgtfy.com/?q=TWIC&l=1

D-Day
06-21-2010, 9:54 PM

It was a piece of cake!

thayne
06-21-2010, 9:58 PM
wait. you have to have two forms of ID to buy a handgun??? Yeah its been a few years since i bought my last one lol

RRangel
06-21-2010, 10:47 PM
What the heck is a TWIC card?

Transportation worker identification card/credential. Think longshoreman unloading ships in certain areas at the docks.

tankerman
06-22-2010, 12:38 AM
Transportation worker identification card/credential. Think longshoreman unloading ships in certain areas at the docks.
Think all maritime workers with the exception of shipyard workers and fishermen.