PDA

View Full Version : can you build a SVI INFINITY 2011 from parts?

theelite127
06-21-2010, 12:21 AM
just like an AR? i would like to start putting it together slowly with a small piece of my paycheck here and there...forking over 3k for an already built custom pistol takes the "custom" out of it.

elsolo
06-21-2010, 12:36 AM
That's how a good number of them get built.

There is a whole lot more skill and fitting required than assembling an AR. I think a fair comparison is custom making a piece of furnature compared to assembling something from IKEA.

If you can find somebody to ppt sell you a bare STI or SVI frame, I would pick the smith to build it and accumulate the parts he suggests as time and finances allow, then have him do the assembly and fitting. The "custom" part is that the gun is built for you with the features you decide upon.

leelaw
06-21-2010, 2:45 AM
Yes you can, but the hard part will be getting the frame.

cocorador
06-21-2010, 4:41 AM
Just an FYI, the frames runing around California are anywhere from $750 to $1100 depending on how bad you want the frame, options, dust cover lengths, light rails. SVI's are going a little higher since there are few and SVI no longer sell bare frames.

Youre best bet is to purchase a Bar Sto or a complete SVI which are on the California roster. But expect to pay at least $2600 for the Barsto.