PDA

View Full Version : NRA Alert: call Sacto NOW re UOC and lead shot bans! The vote is TODAY!!!

Paladin
06-20-2010, 10:14 PM
Killing these anti RKBA bills w/phone calls and faxes is a lot safer, easier, cheaper, and quicker than fighting them in the courts after they become laws.

from: http://www.nraila.org/Legislation/Read.aspx?id=5911 I've slightly modified this to make clear that the two bills are being heard in separate committees.

California: Two Anti-Gun Bills Scheduled for Hearings in Sacramento

Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Please Stand-Up and Make Your Voices Heard!

Assembly Bill 1934 is scheduled to be considered by the Senate Public Safety Committee on Tuesday, June 22.

Simply put, AB1934 would outlaw the open carrying of a handgun for self-defense. This bill is a blatant attack on the self-defense rights of law-abiding Californians.

AB1934 is a knee-jerk reaction by anti-gun legislators to punish citizens for engaging in the legal act of openly carrying an unloaded handgun. In reality, the open carrying of firearms by law-abiding citizens is forced by California's unfair concealed carry law, which allows some citizens from some counties to receive a permit to carry, while their neighbors in the next county are denied that basic right for political, not public safety, reasons.

Please contact the members of the Senate Public Safety Committee and respectfully urge them to oppose AB1934.

SENATE PUBLIC SAFETY COMMITTEE:

State Senator Mark Leno (Chair)
(916) 651-4003
senator.leno@senate.ca.gov

State Senator Gilbert Cedillo
(916) 651-4022

State Senator Loni Hancock
(916) 651-4009

State Senator Robert Huff
(916) 651-4029

State Senator Darrell Steinberg
(916) 651-4006

State Senator Roderick Wright
(916) 651-4025

Assembly Bill 2223 will also be heard on June 22 but in the Senate Natural Resources Committee.

AB2223 would outlaw the use of lead shot when shooting or hunting in state-run wildlife management areas. There is no scientific evidence justifying this proposed ban. It is intended only to discourage hunting in California and that is why the Humane Society of the United States is in full support.

Please contact the Senate Natural Resources Committee and ask for their opposition of AB2223.

SENATE NATURAL RESOURCES COMMITTEE:

State Senator Fran Pavley (Chair)
(916) 651-4023

State Senator Dennis Hollingsworth
(916) 651-4036

State Senator Robert Huff
(916) 651-4029

State Senator Christine Kehoe
(916) 651-4039

State Senator Alan Lowenthal
(916) 651-4027

State Senator Alex Padilla
(916) 651-4020

State Senator Joe Simitian
(916) 651-4011

State Senator Lois Wolk
(916) 651-4005

Paladin
06-20-2010, 10:30 PM
I did a quick search and didn't see anything recent re these two bills. If it is a dup, please lock.

It is time again to light up Sacto's phone lines. While we are all understandably anxious and optimistic about a McDonald win, we can't forget we have to fight the anti Sacto politicians to a standstill until we get some solid court opinions on our side. Even then, there will always be the need for political action to stop the antis (who will NEVER give up).

Plus, all litigation carries some risk and all cost time, money and effort -- things we don't have enough to waste, esp when it only takes about 20 min of time from each of us to kill both of these bills w/free long distance calls from cellphones.

We need to get as many Calgunners to call tomorrow as possible. We want Sacto to become as afraid of the NRA/"the gun lobby" as Congress.

(I'll vote in the poll after I call tomorrow.)

nicki
06-20-2010, 10:49 PM
Sen Rod Wright is a pro gun Afro American democrat.

It is worth a call to his office if nothing else.

Nicki

bwiese
06-21-2010, 8:45 AM
Folks, this is IMPORTANT stuff.

The lead ammo bill must be fought tooth & nail.

It's amazing that we can get a whole buncha folks worried if they redefine 'detachable magazine', but when they're trying to ban ammo nobody gets worked up.....

PLEASE CONTINUE THE POLITICS OF PAIN. Call repeatedly, fax, email -- jam their systems with your concerns. It's not only about
these bills - if they experience enough pain this can affect them bringing future bills.

bwiese
06-21-2010, 9:46 AM
Bump due to importance.

Paladin
06-21-2010, 10:18 AM
Calgunners, what has happened to us? A couple of years ago we were hungry, disciplined and fighting Sacto tooth & nail and even got Sacto to pass post-Katrina emergency powers RKBA protection.

http://www.nraila.org/maps/ep.jpg

Then along came Heller and we seemed to have lost our stomach for political action and did not do well in the next legislative session.

Now, when Sacto is trying to pass a UOC ban and lead shot ban, only two of us have indicated (by voting in the poll) that we've called??? Are we so focused on what is out of our hands (McDonald), that we are ignoring what we are responsible for, calling Sacto?

I called ALL of those state senators' offices and expressed my opinion in less than 13 minutes (Huff is on both committees, so needed only one call for him). The people answering their phones are professional -- they've done this a TON of times and will not waste your time. I gave them my 15 sec pitch and they usually asked for my full name and either city or ZIP code. That's it. That's all it involves. Let's do this.

Here's my standard script: "I'm calling (Assemblyman/woman or Senator) X in their capacity as a member of the (Assembly/Senate) Y Committee and would like to encourage them to (support/oppose) (A/S)B ZZZZ, the (briefly describe the bill)."

Here's how to apply it to Loni Hancock and AB1934: "I'm calling Senator Hancock in her capacity as a member of the Senate Public Safety Committee and would like to encourage her to oppose AB 1934, the Open Carry ban bill."

That's it! That's all it takes. That's all they want to know, along with, usually, your name and location. Each call takes less than 45 seconds from the time they pick up the phone to the time you hang up.

Call ALL of them, even the hardcore antis. While we may never get them to love us, or even agree w/us, but conditioning them to associate anti legislation w/stirring up a hornet's nest of opposition will make them less likely to introduce or support such legislation.

ZLjfrxYDrT0

madmike
06-21-2010, 10:44 AM
Done! NRA one click makes it so easy, I don't know why anyone wouldn't voice their opposition.

-madmike.

stix213
06-21-2010, 11:18 AM
Mark Leno supposedly represents me, I contacted him about this already.

D.M.C.
06-21-2010, 12:36 PM
This truly is painless and easy, call using your cel phone, and just tell them promptly what bills you oppose, your name and city, and they will thank you and some will even let you know if the senator is already in opposition. It took me less than 11 minutes to call everyone and let them know my stance, and all answers were polite and courteous. Make your stance known!

timmyb21
06-21-2010, 12:55 PM
Just did it, hop to it guys!

Rusty Shackleford
06-21-2010, 12:56 PM
I called everyone.

Bump to the top

NorCalDustin
06-21-2010, 1:28 PM
Well I have spoken!

Get your votes in and get your voices heard!

bwiese
06-21-2010, 1:38 PM
Burn those phone lines.

Instead of that coffee or smoke break, just step outside with your cellphone and make some calls.

jb7706
06-21-2010, 1:44 PM
Took me all of 10 minutes to call every rep on both bills.

creekside
06-21-2010, 2:37 PM
If you have 1 or 2 specific arguments to present, this is your chance. Not all offices will note them down. If you live in the Senator's district, be CERTAIN to mention that you are a constituent and that you are watching this legislation. (Your zip code is used to confirm this.)

One call from a voter outweighs a dozen from elsewhere in the state.

N6ATF
06-21-2010, 2:41 PM
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1454823165192&ref=mf

johnny_22
06-21-2010, 7:58 PM
Emails sent on both. Calls tomorrow.

NorcalGSG
06-21-2010, 10:32 PM
email sent. Fax tomorrow to follow

bwiese
06-22-2010, 1:13 AM
Bumpity bump to the top.

Let's keep the pressure on.

johnny_22
06-22-2010, 7:11 AM
Senators Padilla' and Simitian' offices were staffed this early morning, but, only Simitian's clerk asked my city. I told him I knew I was not in his district, but, asked for the "NO" vote because it is in his committee. The clerk laughed and said, "OK, I'll pass the message."

By the way, it took me 20 minutes. You guys talk fast!

bwiese
06-22-2010, 11:07 AM
Bumpity bump.

Keep those phones ringing, faxes hot.

Use the NRA one-click for emails...

madmike
06-22-2010, 12:21 PM
The one click is so easy, I can fire off a dozen or so emails a day without even trying.

-madmike.

madmike
06-22-2010, 12:25 PM
I have automatic return receipts requested with all my work emails, and it's saddening how many of my emails to these jerks get "deleted without being read". Scumbags!

-madmike.

Sengkelat
06-22-2010, 2:57 PM
When I called Simitian I was told the vote for AB2223 had already happened, and a quick internet search suggests it passed committee 8-4.