PDA

View Full Version : LEGR response

Choptop
04-03-2006, 1:50 PM
well, I got my response back from the DOJ from my LEGR request. It says that I have passed a backgrounbd check, I can now present the LEGR clearance document to the LEA that is holding my firearm.

We'll see how it goes. I intend on going down to the DOJ firearms division this week withg document in hand and politely request the return of my property.

blacklisted
04-03-2006, 1:53 PM
That might be good news!

McMadCow
04-03-2006, 1:53 PM
Good job, and good luck to you. I just got to shoot my off-list AR for the first time this weekend, and I'm pissed off for all you guys who had to go through the DOJ's reaming.

PanzerAce
04-03-2006, 3:12 PM
*crosses fingers*, Hope it goes good for you, and if it does, let us know.

Pablo
04-04-2006, 12:33 AM
well, I got my response back from the DOJ from my LEGR request. It says that I have passed a backgrounbd check, I can now present the LEGR clearance document to the LEA that is holding my firearm.

We'll see how it goes. I intend on going down to the DOJ firearms division this week withg document in hand and politely request the return of my property.

(TAG)
That's great to hear! Please keep us informed and good luck to you Choptop!:)

shango
04-04-2006, 7:19 AM
Is this an AR that they are holding?

Choptop
04-04-2006, 10:31 AM
yes, 3 lowers from Milpitas

Wulf
04-05-2006, 6:40 AM
Are you going to make a contingency arrangement with a bail bondsman before you go down there?

Just kidding....kind of....maybe.

Choptop
04-05-2006, 10:30 AM
Why? I've dont nothing wrong.

just waiting for a little break in work to make the trip.

tpliquid1
04-05-2006, 10:59 AM
if this works, im gonna do the same

HeHateMe
04-05-2006, 5:42 PM
I think several people will be doing this. Do you have to go to Sacramento? Are they being held hostage in Sac?

Choptop
04-05-2006, 6:37 PM
it is my understanding that the hostages are indeed in Sacramento.

Raid on Entebe will come soon :D

artherd
04-05-2006, 11:57 PM
IT WORKS! http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showthread.php?p=263934 Successful LEGR retrevial of lower. Great job guys, I am really gratified these are finally being returned.

I would recommend only the follinwing: Don't stray onto enemy territory yourself, hire an attorney to run down there and grab your lower for you (while you sit in the starbucks across the street.) Shouldn't cost more than $100 and is very cheap insurance against, well, anything a powerful state-run legal advisary could do to you.

PS: Choptop I'll probally lock this thread in a little while just for clairity sake, let us know how you make out.
-Ben.

Pablo
04-06-2006, 12:40 AM
I would recommend only the follinwing: Don't stray onto enemy territory yourself, hire an attorney to run down there and grab your lower for you (while you sit in the starbucks across the street.) Shouldn't cost more than $100 and is very cheap insurance against, well, anything a powerful state-run legal advisary could do to you.

Ben, what makes you say that? Do you know something we don't?:confused:
I mean, since we are not doing anything illegal what can go wrong? TurboKaveman was able to get his lower with out any problems if there was going to be any kind of complications (i.e. arrest) I would think that Turbokaveman would already have suffered the consequences.
Any insights?

Jeff Rambo
04-06-2006, 3:28 AM
Hiring an attorney to pick-up your lower serves no purpose if you sucessfully complete the LEGR process. If they say come down and pick-up your stuff, then do just that. Only worry about retaining counsel if you get rejected.

Furthermore, chances are you will need to be there to ID yourself upon picking up even if the attorney shows up with a letter stating s/he is there on your behalf.