PDA

View Full Version : Gun ownership as young as 8

ajwells
04-03-2006, 1:48 PM
I searched the forums and couldn't find anything already posted on this. If this was already brought up can someone tell me what thread?

Anyway, I didn't get to watch the news but I saw a commercial for it last night I believe, some state (I forget, maybe Oklahoma?) has some new law that would allow kids as young as 8 to own guns or something like that. The news commercial was, of course, protesting it.

Did anyone get to watch it? What's it about?

Uberdummy
04-03-2006, 2:20 PM
I searched and found a copy of the bill for ya. Don't have time to read it myself at the moment.
Wisconsin Senate Bill 26
http://www.legis.state.wi.us/2005/data/SB-26.pdf

DrjonesUSA
04-03-2006, 2:50 PM
It would lower the HUNTING AGE to 10 years old, which isn't a big deal at all, as the current hunting age in WI is 12.

IIRC, the laws governing gun OWNERSHIP ages are Federal and could not be modified by the states.

Posession is not the same as OWNERSHIP.

Charliegone
04-03-2006, 5:04 PM
It would lower the HUNTING AGE to 10 years old, which isn't a big deal at all, as the current hunting age in WI is 12.

IIRC, the laws governing gun OWNERSHIP ages are Federal and could not be modified by the states.

Posession is not the same as OWNERSHIP.

Hmm tell that to Geraldo...seems he's gonna put a huge anti-gun show on his show tonight...be prepared for the worst!:rolleyes: