PDA

View Full Version : PinkPistols are on TV (a gay gun group)

tboyer
04-03-2006, 1:50 PM
http://www.current.tv/studio/media/2087913

xenophobe
04-03-2006, 1:55 PM
Good for them! Good for Jackson Arms too.

rkt88edmo
04-03-2006, 2:06 PM
Apparently you can also watch it on "125 COMCAST SF"

chickenfried
04-03-2006, 2:07 PM
Cool, I wonder if any calguns members starred in the video?

filefish
04-03-2006, 2:28 PM
Cool, I wonder if any calguns members starred in the video?
I don't know but my wife shoots better than them, did you see the group was all over the paper? i bet it is because aw heck i won't go there anyway more on our side the better

schizrade2
04-03-2006, 2:35 PM
I don't know but my wife shoots better than them, did you see the group was all over the paper? i bet it is because aw heck i won't go there anyway more on our side the better

Get over yourself.

The guy whose target they showed is a beginner.

blacklisted
04-03-2006, 2:41 PM
I saw a "Pink Pistol" (Pink Pistolero?) at Chabot once talking to a guy dressed like a cowboy.

I think it's great that this group exists, because from what I have seen most gays are anti-gun (a side effect of the liberal mindset they almost all have). It's hard for gays to be anything but liberal when so many some conservatives bash them every chance they get. We need more groups like this to appeal to and educate those who wouldn't normally get into guns.

Unsub
04-03-2006, 2:42 PM
Cool video. I recognize both of those shooters from my involvement with the Republican party.

ajwells
04-03-2006, 2:45 PM
Hopefully they can talk some sense into the other librals.

Stanze
04-03-2006, 2:51 PM

I met a lady who believed that shooting multiple holes in various areas on your attacker serve you better than shooting through the same hole over and over.

blacklisted
04-03-2006, 2:52 PM
I met a lady who believed that shooting multiple holes in various areas on your attacker serve you better than shooting through the same hole over and over.

She should buy a shotgun then.

filefish
04-03-2006, 3:04 PM
Get over yourself.

The guy whose target they showed is a beginner.

I don't know but my wife shoots better than them, did you see the group was all over the paper? i bet it is because aw heck i won't go there anyway more on our side the better.

:D i know I know i know but there are just so many places you could go...you have to admit there are many funny compleations to the sentance

this is my rifle this is my gun this is for shooting this is for fun.

IPSICK
04-03-2006, 3:30 PM
Of course making fun of a group who publicly defends their right to keep and bear arms is so entertaining. Just like some of those gun "nuts" out there.:rolleyes:

We should applaud groups like these not make fun of them for something that has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment rights.

Remember Prop H may end up having statewide implications if some other anti-gun legislator decides its the will of the people.

Mesa Tactical
04-03-2006, 3:46 PM
We should applaud groups like these not make fun of them for something that has nothing to do with our 2nd amendment rights.

Applaud them? JOIN THEM. You don't have to be GLBT to participate in Pink Pistols. It's a fantastic venue for people, including nervous moms, to acquaint themselves with guns without having to deal with R. Lee Ermey wannabes. Skilled shooters are in high demand.

My wife and I were very active with Orange County Pink Pistols before I started Mesa Tactical. We would get all kinds of people, gay and straight, showing up to shoots eager to learn about guns and shooters. We got a nice write-up in the local alternative press:

http://www.ocweekly.com/news/news/theyre-here-theyre-queer-theyre-armed/21266/

At that time, the head of the Los Angeles chapter was a straight woman. Now the LA chapter is headed by a couple of LA Assistant Sheriffs from West Hollywood.

Only problem with Pink Pistols is it's not really a national organization with a charter. It's just a bunch of local chapters and most of them are just social clubs rather than advocacy groups. But some are more political than others. Tom Boyer of the San Francisco chapter, who started this thread, worked hard against Proposition H on behalf of all you who live in the City.

Now all we need is a good Hispanic shooting and gun rights organization in California and we'll be on our way.

- Mitch

filefish
04-03-2006, 3:52 PM
Of course making fun of a group who publicly defends their right to keep and bear arms is so entertaining. Just like some of those gun "nuts" out there.:rolleyes:

Remember Prop H may end up having statewide implications if some other anti-gun legislator decides its the will of the people.

prop h, prep h what is the differance. you are killing me ROFLOL.

BACK UP NOW biteing my lip.... seriously I do support them I do think it is great. i have a few gay friends.. well they are girls and they make "breader jokes" some are funny some are not I laugh or I don't. don't take it so seriously, it is all good natured

PressCheck
04-03-2006, 5:40 PM

She is correct. About a 6-8" spread. "Blood out; Air in.

slick_711
04-03-2006, 5:50 PM
She is correct. About a 6-8" spread. "Blood out; Air in."

I'm glad you said that, I was about to.

Tight groups are awesome for showing off how true your barrel & aim are. They aren't 'combat effective.' Granted shooting someone in the head is gonna do the trick, but if you've got em in the head once do you really need to shoot them in the head again?

If you're doing body shots, which most longer range shots should be (unless you're a very skilled shooted and very aware of your surroundings) it is good to spread your shots out a bit. I'm not saying ALL over the paper, but like Presscheck said, 6-8'' group.

Think about it, shots to the lung, kidney, stomach are going to do more damage and be more likely to be fatal than 3 shots to the same lung.

Sorry for derailing the thread though, on topic, I agree with most of you in the sentiment that this is a great thing. Getting more of the traditionally liberal people aware of firearms and their safe & proper uses for defense/sport/recreation, is always a good thing.

ldivinag
04-03-2006, 5:50 PM
nothing wrong with them...

www.pinkpistols.org

Charliegone
04-03-2006, 6:01 PM
Hell, we have a common cause we should support them!

colossians323
04-03-2006, 7:17 PM

Agreed,
They should be applauded. It matters not what they do in the bedroom. Make no mistake, they are on our side, and have had a part in leading the fight against prop H.

chungsteroonie
04-03-2006, 8:34 PM
It's very refreshing to see that Pink Pistols is taking some action. I think it's vitally important in the long run to partner with people from different or opposite political/social ideologies on what we strongly agree on.

They have a different circle of influence and a different platform to speak the same message. For the most part, I shoot for fun and am assaulted very rarely. I think it's prudent to make real ties with and see what we can do to tangibly assist groups that are more at risk like the gay community, immigrant groups, low income groups, small business owners, etc.

When Pink Pistols gives a pro-gun argument to their community and audience, it is not accompanied by the political/religious negativity that might be present if I were to give the message to the same audience. At the same time, I may be more effective at talking to mabe someone from a local church group about gun ownership and it's issues.

Who cares how well the new guy on the video shoots. . . we all start somewhere, and the fact of the matter is they're at the range working on it, and if people on the video aren't shooting sub 2" groups off hand at 25 yards, mabe another new shooter will not be intimidated to go get started also.

Santa Cruz Armory
04-03-2006, 9:18 PM
Ya know, I dont care who they sleep with, thier sexual preference, political affiliation, what kind of car they drive or if they wear a thong. The main thing we ALL need to realize is that we NEED legitimate support, from anywhere we can get it.

Somewhere along the line guns became bad in our society...and that needs to change. I mean crap, I have been shooting my entire life and the older I get the more I feel awkward about even being seen with a gun. I feel weird walking to my garage with a gun in a case to clean it, let alone talking about building AR-15s!. Guns are cool and we shouldn't be repressed dammit! (I'm on a soapbox:D )

I think pink pistols is just another avenue to spread our pro gun voice!. A BIG pink thumbs up! LOL!

artherd
04-03-2006, 11:17 PM
Out fricking standing. I too do not want the government telling me who I can sleep with, what arms I can own, what religion I may practice, or who I can socialize with. These people are our brothers & sisters in arms.

Mesa Tactical
04-04-2006, 7:10 AM
I feel awkward about even being seen with a gun. I feel weird walking to my garage with a gun in a case to clean it, let alone talking about building AR-15s!. Guns are cool and we shouldn't be repressed dammit!

You - and all California gun owners - need to come out of the closet.

Thing about most of the Pink Pistols folks is they have come out of two closets.

IPSICK
04-04-2006, 8:44 AM
.... The main thing we ALL need to realize is that we NEED legitimate support, from anywhere we can get it.

Somewhere along the line guns became bad in our society...and that needs to change..... Guns are cool and we shouldn't be repressed dammit!

Super +1

Of course I'm "out". I'll talk to anyone I know well enough and willing to listen about guns.

04-04-2006, 8:44 AM
I'd shoot with them anytime. If anybody knows any of their members, tell them to start posting here and post when they have shoots and I'm sure they'll get some support.

Mesa Tactical
04-04-2006, 9:05 AM
I'd shoot with them anytime. If anybody knows any of their members, tell them to start posting here and post when they have shoots and I'm sure they'll get some support.

Tom Boyer is head of San Francisco Pink Pistols and started this thread. It looks like it was his first post. Maybe he will stick around.

Surveyor
04-04-2006, 9:18 AM
I'm not what you would call a supporter of the gay rights movement. I think it's an immoral lifestyle and it goes against my faith to embrace it. Of course, I've had fellow church members tell me that certain sex acts with my wife are immoral. :eek: I disagree with them, but I respect their opinion none the less. That being said, I'm really happy to see a group of people who are frequently assaulted taking up arms. I think if more gays started defending themselves by carrying a gun, we would see less gay bashing in the long run. "Queer bashers" won't be so bold when they have to worry about getting wasted by one of there victims. Way to go guys, it's about time!

04-04-2006, 10:13 AM
Didn't even notice it was his first post. Welcome aboard Tom!

QuickOnTheDraw
04-04-2006, 10:29 AM
Out fricking standing. I too do not want the government telling me who I can sleep with, what arms I can own, what religion I may practice, or who I can socialize with. These people are our brothers & sisters in arms.
A Big +1
Welcome Tom, and keep us informed!

TonyM
04-04-2006, 1:28 PM
http://www.current.tv/studio/media/2087913

This is a great clip. Very good thinking and organization to get this together. Cheers to the Pink Pistols.

As others have said, Who cares about the individual preferences of the members? That's one of the things that the United States of America is about, being able to make your own decisions and express yourself.

The people in this group are making a very good point with a strong message. I really liked the comment that every other ammendment is taken as written to be a right of the people. We need more of this activity. The average gun owner or enthusiast needs this kind of coverage, a positive message and we need more of it. The more positive images we can express, the more likely we will be accepted and not frowned upon.

Welcome to the board Tom, I hope you tell some more of your members about the site.

bassplayrr
04-04-2006, 2:17 PM

I really couldn't agree more. Welcome to the boards Tom!

-Chris