PDA

View Full Version : P220 has trouble returning to battery when chambering round

ander
06-20-2010, 4:52 PM
I was shooting my stainless P220 today with factory mags and Magtech 230gr .45 factory ammo. The gun was clean and properly lubed. I have a green recoil spring that is fairly new.

Out of 50 rounds I had 4 incidents where a round would not property chamber and the slide would not return to battery. This happened mid magazine. A tap on the slide would seat the round. I look at each round that got stuck and could see that there was a marking on the projectile (not on the bass casing) where it looked like it got caught on the throat of the barrel.

Anyone have any thoughts on this? I guess the easiest thing would be to replace the recoil spring and see if that helps. This happened with all three of my magazines which were also in good shape and clean.

Thanks!~

JJ1911
06-20-2010, 5:02 PM
Try different ammunition. I had a Sig 220 Carry that did not like Magtech. Try American Eagle or PMC and see if you get the same results.

Bobula
06-20-2010, 5:29 PM
Mine doesn't like magtech either. Runs great on wwb.

Only other issue I have is corbon +P doesn't fit in my mags.

bjl333
06-20-2010, 5:31 PM
^ I agree with JJ. Try different ammo. If you really want to use the Magtech then try having a gunsmith polish things up a bit for ya ...

ander
06-20-2010, 9:52 PM
Didn't know this about Magtech ammo. I picked up a case of it but it works well in my 1911. I'll check out a few boxes AE and PMC before getting another case.

I read somewhere that once a Sig breaks in it helps to use a lighter recoil spring so it doesn't "short cycle". Anyone else heard this?

sirgiles
06-20-2010, 10:28 PM
Didn't know this about Magtech ammo. I picked up a case of it but it works well in my 1911. I'll check out a few boxes AE and PMC before getting another case.

I read somewhere that once a Sig breaks in it helps to use a lighter recoil spring so it doesn't "short cycle". Anyone else heard this?

stocks springs are perfect and need not be replaced.
use a different ammo.

Bobula
06-20-2010, 10:30 PM
stocks springs are perfect and need not be replaced.
use a different ammo.

if it's brand new they might be to stiff and need a few hundred round break in.

1 SIG fan
06-21-2010, 10:30 AM
Try different ammunition. I had a Sig 220 Carry that did not like Magtech. Try American Eagle or PMC and see if you get the same results.

^^^^ this was REALLY bad with me using a 10rnd mag