PDA

View Full Version : The "Disclose Act" NRA email?

Hogxtz
06-20-2010, 1:43 PM
I just received an NRA email regarding the above and how it was misunderstood by the members. This is the first Ive heard of this bill, and after reading the NRA email about it, I am even more confused. Can someone please explain what this bill is all about, how much risk it is of passing, and how it would effect us? Thank you

CCWFacts
06-20-2010, 1:57 PM
I read the discussions here, and the email. The Disclose Act is bad, the NRA didn't like it, but they ended up with a choice: fight against the bill, meaning working on issues outside their scope, or get themselves exempted from it and stick to their mission. They chose to stick to their mission. They can't right every wrong and fight every fight in the world. The whole Constitution is important but their mission is only one part of it: the 2A. And they stuck to their mission.

We may not like the bill, but the NRA did absolutely the right thing in this matter. Sending out that email was smart, too, because it shows that they take the rest of the constitution seriously, and wanted to explain why they did what they did.