PDA

View Full Version : hey fellow CETME owners - how's your bullet button working out?

trashman
06-20-2010, 12:31 PM
So I snapped up one of the Century CETMEs back as an early Christmas present to myself during the Henderson GB; didn't have a chance to put the thing together and shoot it until a recent trip to Nevada. For the money, the rifle is a blast to shoot -- I had zero malfunctions and all the casings all landed in the next county ;) so I know it's functioning correctly... It is a fun rifle to plink with (where plink = blam).

Anyway, I read that folks are having trouble keeping a BB installed over the magazine catch -- please chime in here and let me know what your experience is with BB and the CETME mag catch. (Personally I'm not interested in the featureless/grip-wrap setup) I'm trying to figure out if I want to keep this or not -- as fun as it is I'm probably not going to keep it if I can't safely mod it to shoot here in CA.

--Neill

Nate
06-20-2010, 4:21 PM
The Raddlock is a crap for the Cetme! I used the one from Assault Planet. There is no real perfect bullet button for the Cetme, however the one from Assault planet doesn't require using a dremel to make it fit.

http://www.parallaxtactical.com/store/assault-planet-designs-hk-ptr-91-bullet-button-578.html

telcolineman
06-20-2010, 4:23 PM
I agree with Nate, The Raddlock sucks

gasol1ne
06-20-2010, 7:15 PM
im using a raddlock and it works just fine. I didnt have a dremel or sand paper, so i just filled it down to fit. It took me a good hour to fit it in.

My main complaint with the raddlock is that it comes out when you field strip the rifle. It is such a small part its easy to lose.

Nate
06-20-2010, 8:06 PM
im using a raddlock and it works just fine. I didnt have a dremel or sand paper, so i just filled it down to fit. It took me a good hour to fit it in.

My main complaint with the raddlock is that it comes out when you field strip the rifle. It is such a small part its easy to lose.

I'm glad it worked for you. When I bought my Cetme from Henderson, they did the bullet button twice, and it was crap both times. I tried a third time, and for me spending that time filing(for me grinding with the dremel) for a marginal fit, it's crap.

trashman
06-20-2010, 11:02 PM
I used the one from Assault Planet. There is no real perfect bullet button for the Cetme, however the one from Assault planet doesn't require using a dremel to make it fit.

Oh hey - thanks for this - somehow I had missed it.

--Neill

Dangerpin
06-20-2010, 11:12 PM
Thanks for the tip on the Assault Planet button!

trashman
02-20-2012, 8:32 PM
Necro-bumping my own thread...

So I finally found a couple of hours this morning (during my son's nap) to install the Assault Planet bullet button on my CETME. I bought the BB back in late 2010 (!) but the install (and documentation) is not really straightforward, and a combination of new baby and intense work travel kept me away from projects requiring more than about 30 minutes of focussed concentration..

As other have reported, the Assault Planet bullet button instructions were not crystal clear, and in searching for some guidance I kept finding this thread...so wanted to update it with the notes (here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4007339&postcount=18) and here (http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/showpost.php?p=4038520&postcount=29)) that helped me get it installed.

In short - didn't need snap ring pliers - but if you are going to need to add more than just 1 of the snap rings you'll want a pair to use. Also, the aluminum block with my BB kit didn't have a "silver side" - it was all silver ;) - the curved face of the block pointed towards the rear of the magwell when installed.

Anyway - it works now, and I'm looking forward to trying out my 5-round HK mags sometime soon...

--Neill

joefrank64k
02-20-2012, 9:18 PM
I have the AP bb and it works great! I needed all 3 of the snap rings to take-up the play, and Snap Ring pliers made the job much easier (doesn't the right tool always make the job easier? :))

The AP bb is a quality piece and stays put. I've put about 200 rounds thought the CETME with no trouble from the bb.

trashman
02-20-2012, 10:34 PM
(doesn't the right tool always make the job easier? :))

Haha - yes! Except that I have a whole drawer-full of "right tools" only used once or twice...:) but like I said I would have bought a pair if I needed to install more than one of the snap-rings...

I've put about 200 rounds thought the CETME with no trouble from the bb.

Glad to hear it - I think the only thing that would improve it is a mag catch with a small divot/hole drilled into it to fit the set screw of the aluminum block...loctite will only work so long.

--Neill