PDA

View Full Version : PKFirearms uppers

Hoop
06-20-2010, 7:58 AM
I am thinking of buying a sabre upper from PKfirearms, has anyone bought from them? If so what was your experience with them?

docsmileyface
06-20-2010, 9:58 AM
I got a Sabre 20" A4 upper from PK. Came to my house in like, 2 days after I ordered it. A bit more pricey now, though. My Govt Profile A4 complete was $525 when I ordered it, they are almost $600 now.

PK is good to go, though. Quick and good customer service and they make sure whatever you see on their website is in stock.

eaglemike
06-20-2010, 10:44 PM
they are good to go. What you see is what you get.
all the best,
Mike

Cody
06-20-2010, 11:48 PM
Bought uppers and LPKs from them. Everything was perfect. They are GTG.

-Cody

mooster
06-21-2010, 11:07 AM
Just a reminder that the upper itself is not from Sabre Defence. The barrel is from SD but PK Firearms mates it with other parts to make up the upper.

Ordering went well and I received my stuff in short order.

The upper itself has been somewhat problematic. It is a PK upper based around a Sabre 14.5 midlength in 5.56. In a carbine class I took this weekend I put around 2200 rounds thru her. Multiple extraction problems and jams using wolf .223 ammo. No issues using prvi 5.56 or AE .223. I'm cleaning the stuffing out of her tonight and will start detailed test and analysis. Suspect that the chamber may not have been reamed to true specifications.

harmoniums
06-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Just a reminder that the upper itself is not from Sabre Defence. The barrel is from SD but PK Firearms mates it with other parts to make up the upper.

Ordering went well and I received my stuff in short order.

The upper itself has been somewhat problematic. It is a PK upper based around a Sabre 14.5 midlength in 5.56. In a carbine class I took this weekend I put around 2200 rounds thru her. Multiple extraction problems and jams using wolf .223 ammo. No issues using prvi 5.56 or AE .223. I'm cleaning the stuffing out of her tonight and will start detailed test and analysis. Suspect that the chamber may not have been reamed to true specifications.

Steel case ammo is always a bit harder to extract than brass.
It's also coated with laquer