PDA

View Full Version : Schwarzenegger ain't so good for us....

Can'thavenuthingood
04-03-2006, 5:29 AM
He doesn't appear to much of a thinker, from this article he is more of a trophy husband. We got real problems coming down the pike. Like there's not enough already. One cash cow left here in California and thats Prop 13 and I think they are coming for it. So who's out there for a conservative voter to vote for rather than against.

This guy's toast.

Vick

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-arnold3apr03,0,3549499,print.story?coll=la-home-headlines

The Private Side of His Governance
Away from the public, Schwarzenegger is more freewheeling and hard to predict, aides say.
By Peter Nicholas
Times Staff Writer

April 3, 2006

SACRAMENTO It was a nice day for working outside, and Gov. Arnold Schwarzenegger had slipped out of his office to relax with a few aides in the big beige smoking tent set up in the Capitol courtyard.

Jim Brulte, who was preparing to step aside as leader of the state Senate's Republicans, had dropped by to talk. The governor remarked that he should stay on long enough to get the state budget approved.

Why stick around, Brulte asked coolly, if Schwarzenegger was simply going to buckle to the Democrats, as he had before?........................................... .................................................. .................................................. ..........go to the link, article too long for posting.

Ford8N
04-03-2006, 6:18 AM
The Governor is not our friend. Never was.

superhondaz50
04-03-2006, 6:59 AM
He's a Democrat in Rebublicans clothing.

kenc9
04-03-2006, 8:27 AM
Don't worry! I read where Brown is running for A.G. :)

They are called a "RINO" ... Rep. In Name Only...

-ken

Kruzr
04-03-2006, 9:37 AM
But guys, don't you remember Jim March telling us that he knew a big secret and Arnold was really on our side and a friend to all gun owners?

Charliegone
04-03-2006, 9:44 AM
Welp. Looks like its time to pack up and leave. Give this states to the ultra liberals and see how well it does...remember what happened last time.:rolleyes:

Jeff Rambo
04-03-2006, 12:04 PM
I will give him credit to some degree, Gov. Schwarenegger is actually a bona fided politician now and proved the doubters wrong with regard to them questioning his ability to make that transition. Sadly, he made it to the wrong side of the aisle, but I saw this coming from the beginning and voted for McClintock. As said earlier, Schwarenegger is nothing more than a RINO.

Bling Bling 2.0
04-03-2006, 12:59 PM
We have no champion. McClintock is our man be no one will vote for a Republican in this state even though every democrat has ruined it. Don't think an election will solve our problems. It seems like the only thing that we can hope for are term limits and judicial branch.

Ford8N
04-03-2006, 5:39 PM
We have no champion. McClintock is our man be no one will vote for a Republican in this state even though every democrat has ruined it. Don't think an election will solve our problems. It seems like the only thing that we can hope for are term limits and judicial branch.

McClintock or any other Republican would win if they would just shup up about the abortion crap.

Charliegone
04-03-2006, 6:02 PM
McClintock or any other Republican would win if they would just shup up about the abortion crap.

+1 on that...abortion is just a complex issue that cannot be solved just like that. I think carefully crafting his words will help.:D

xenophobe
04-03-2006, 6:38 PM
IF you think that we'll ever get a real conservative as Governor without some new natural disaster or terrorist attack, you're severely mistaken.

Sadly, in California during the next elections, Arnie will probably lose to a Progressive Democrat because of the divide he'll create from the swing Democrats.

Justang
04-03-2006, 10:15 PM
Schwarzenegger won't win the next election. Look at his last election, everything he backed was voted down.

I voted for Gary Coleman. j/k. lol.

bg
04-03-2006, 10:22 PM
I will give him credit to some degree, Gov. Schwarenegger is actually a bona fided politician now and proved the doubters wrong with regard to them questioning his ability to make that transition. Sadly, he made it to the wrong side of the aisle, but I saw this coming from the beginning and voted for McClintock. As said earlier, Schwarenegger is nothing more than a RINO.
So do I. How short the memory is. Don't you folks recall
you brought you SB-23 ? AS has signed maybe half
of the anti gun bills before him..You think he's no
friend of ours, but mark my words. When Angelides
gets in, there will be some serious SHTF for gun
enthusiasts. If there was a conservative candidate
out there who had a chance of winning the Gov's
chair, I'd of course vote for him OR her. I just
wish Cal would split up into two states instead on
one massive one. And I'm not talking SoCal & NorCal
but a West Cal and Eastern Cal. Sounds crazy but
look at what a mess it is now as a whole.

I'm voting for AS and Poochigian for Atty Gen. Leaving
the state may be an option for many, but I'm staying
due to other matters and will continue to do what
I can to stop the anti-firearms fronts madness.

As it is, this is more Cal's state flag than any other nowadays, and its a damn shame.

http://pic14.picturetrail.com/VOL544/713502/1205951/65487128.jpg

VeryCoolCat
04-03-2006, 10:48 PM
Eh, this governor isn't that bad compared to the others. Though his ideals are good placed they dont come out the way we're all expecting and they undermine everything the liberals worked for.

Though, no matter what we choose be it somewhat conservatist govenor or a completely liberal. The popular stance seems to be that "If we get rid of guns, we don't have to worry about crime!" Which is why this one bill will prove that gun control is not actively doing anything. If it passes of course.

We should all start taking the, "We're being singled out and harassed" route, it works for minorities. Just because a FEW criminals had guns that means we are all are criminals???

artherd
04-03-2006, 11:09 PM
He signed AB50, so he's a witch! Burn him!~

stator
04-04-2006, 7:03 AM
But guys, don't you remember Jim March telling us that he knew a big secret and Arnold was really on our side and a friend to all gun owners?

Yes, and I recall those that doubted Mr March were few. Most seem to be follow head over heels about the guy and believing anything he says. Nobody seemed to question when he was asking for a free motorcycle.

My experience has been that Neophytes looking to get into the gun lobby business may be looking for a relaxing, paying job more so than a deep desire and commitment to change the gun laws in this state.

Watch your donation money wisely and "pay for performance" by using past actions as a guidance on who and how much.

stator
04-04-2006, 7:08 AM
IF you think that we'll ever get a real conservative as Governor without some new natural disaster or terrorist attack, you're severely mistaken.

Sadly, in California during the next elections, Arnie will probably lose to a Progressive Democrat because of the divide he'll create from the swing Democrats.

We saw a big shake-up brought on by an economic disaster so other courses are possible. Arnold will have to win the Republican primary which should prove to be tougher than the recall vote. Remeber, there was no primary for that vote. Thus, the RINO was given a free-pass by the Republican powerbrokers.

The CA Republican party seems to be taking the action that having a Republican title in office only matters; not the issues.

Mesa Tactical
04-04-2006, 7:16 AM
We saw a big shake-up brought on by an economic disaster so other courses are possible. Arnold will have to win the Republican primary which should prove to be tougher than the recall vote. Remeber, there was no primary for that vote. Thus, the RINO was given a free-pass by the Republican powerbrokers.

If you leave it to the Republican power-brokers, you'll get nominees like Riordan, Bush, Guiliani and now Bloomberg.

Why you guys continue to believe that Republicans are defenders of gun rights is beyond me. There's certainly no facts to back up this sentiment.

Justang
04-04-2006, 7:21 AM
If you leave it to the Republican power-brokers, you'll get nominees like Riordan, Bush, Guiliani and now Bloomberg.

Why you guys continue to believe that Republicans are defenders of gun rights is beyond me. There's certainly no facts to back up this sentiment.

Well the democrats certainly aren't helpfull to our problem.
And the numbers just aren't there to vote for a third party.

But your right, Bush didn't let the AWB sunset.

Mesa Tactical
04-04-2006, 7:50 AM
Well the democrats certainly aren't helpfull to our problem.
And the numbers just aren't there to vote for a third party.

Exactly. So partisanism isn't working, is it?

The Republican Party treats gun owners in this country the way the Democratic Party treats black Americans: as a captive constituency that can be satisfied with rhetoric and not action. BOTH parties are extremely satisfied with this arrangement, since rhetoric is so much easier to accomplish than action.

Instead of banging on about how wonderful Republcans are and how evil Democrats are, maybe gun owners need to spend more time convincing voters, candidates and office-holders, regardless of affiliation, that gun rights are important. Start with your neighbors and colleagues.

The longest-serving member of the House of Representatives is a pro-union liberal Democrat - and one of the best friends of gun rights in America. Sort of throws the whole "Dems evil/Repubs good" theory out the window.

bg
04-04-2006, 3:34 PM
He signed AB50, so he's a witch! Burn him!~
Yes sir he did, and for that, I stand head bowed before
a spittoon filling it. That was a useless mistake, but I
think he did it more for the "show factor" than
anything else. As in "Lights, Camera, Action !"
By the way has anyone heard of any planes, trains
or automobiles knocked out of commission before
or after the ban ? Yep another useless law. But if
those politicos didn't come up with hair brained
ideas like AB-50, AS wouldn't have signed it.

Hard to sign something if its not there..

Is it the only rifle in history to be banned by it's
cartridge size ? I really don't know. I just know
that AB-50 was and still is a major boner.

Mesa Tactical
04-04-2006, 4:08 PM
Yes sir he did, and for that, I stand head bowed before a spittoon filling it. That was a useless mistake, but I think he did it more for the "show factor" than anything else.

The first time Schwarzenegger publicly stated his views about anything other than education was in August 2003 during a short interview on Hannity. During the interview, he said he was in favor of the Brady Bill and the assault weapon ban and that he "would also like to close the loophole of the gun shows."

WTF? The gun show loophole? In California?

The only people who ever thought he was pro-gun were simply not paying attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/08/27/schwarzenegger.views/

Charliegone
04-04-2006, 4:35 PM
It would be interesting to see a powerful third party run in california..:D

bg
04-04-2006, 9:33 PM
The first time Schwarzenegger publicly stated his views about anything other than education was in August 2003 during a short interview on Hannity. During the interview, he said he was in favor of the Brady Bill and the assault weapon ban and that he "would also like to close the loophole of the gun shows."

WTF? The gun show loophole? In California?

The only people who ever thought he was pro-gun were simply not paying attention.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/ALLPOLITICS/08/27/schwarzenegger.views/
That's true too. All of us here at Calguns knew how AS
saw the firearms issue and many of us voted for
Sen.Tom. But that didn't work out. As it is it's bad, but
wait until the aftermath of the Nov elections..

I hope I'm wrong, but Pop always told me "Hope for the
best, but expect the worse"..

Justang
04-04-2006, 11:02 PM
Exactly. So partisanism isn't working, is it?

The Republican Party treats gun owners in this country the way the Democratic Party treats black Americans: as a captive constituency that can be satisfied with rhetoric and not action. BOTH parties are extremely satisfied with this arrangement, since rhetoric is so much easier to accomplish than action.

Instead of banging on about how wonderful Republcans are and how evil Democrats are, maybe gun owners need to spend more time convincing voters, candidates and office-holders, regardless of affiliation, that gun rights are important. Start with your neighbors and colleagues.

The longest-serving member of the House of Representatives is a pro-union liberal Democrat - and one of the best friends of gun rights in America. Sort of throws the whole "Dems evil/Repubs good" theory out the window.

Very good point. It just seems most people aren't interested in persuing gun rights. Sure they want them, but when it comes to doing/voting, it all falls apart.

Can'thavenuthingood
04-05-2006, 1:29 AM
There isn't 2 parties here, how can there be a third?

And without power in Sacramento, there is no power.

Look at the district map, the elite coast folks and population centers have the power and money. http://nationalatlas.gov/printable/images/pdf/congdist/pagecgd109_ca2.pdf

It will be a very, very long time before the districts change from liberal to conservative.

Gerrymandering works for politicians.

Vick