PDA

View Full Version : Ban Large Cities!!

OleCuss
06-19-2010, 6:48 PM
Since McDonald is likely to make the RKBA available to many and eventually lift many of the bans on firearms - I propose another method of reducing violence without violating the 2A.

Years ago I looked at the FBI statistics and was struck by how much lower crime rates (especially violent crime rates) were in rural communities.

So the obvious solution to the violent and gun-related crime problem is to outlaw large cities.

Disband Chicago and send everyone to northern Canada? His Heinous, Mayor Daley might object, but it would be the obvious way to reduce violent crime in the area without violating the 2A.

And yes, it is a somewhat satirical comment meant to show just how ridiculous the violation of 2A rights really is when there are obviously other factors in crime rates.

I remember years ago a study came out showing that there were a lot gun-related crimes among people associated with cocaine use. The recommended intervention was to outlaw guns. I wondered why they didn't want to outlaw cocaine - but I guess they already had, showing just how effective the law was in preventing the targeted problem.

Roadrunner
06-19-2010, 7:10 PM
No, the real answer is to ban Hollywood and their movies that show guns, violence and glorify criminals. Since Hollywood is incapable of responsibly making movies that glorify violence, we need sensible laws that regulate Hollywood movies. We're not totally banning movies, just certain types of movies.

Hogxtz
06-19-2010, 7:12 PM
Than have the Air Force drop maypom on Berkley,Ca and we can start over.

dantodd
06-19-2010, 7:19 PM
only pre-2000 "large capacity dwelling areas" would be permitted. No one would be allowed to mfg. or cause to be mfg'd or imported new "large capacity dwelling areas" into California.

OleCuss
06-19-2010, 7:29 PM
only pre-2000 "large capacity dwelling areas" would be permitted. No one would be allowed to mfg. or cause to be mfg'd or imported new "large capacity dwelling areas" into California.

Might need a provision to clearly specify that you cannot increase the capacity of an existing dwelling area.

bsg
06-19-2010, 7:55 PM
yes, yes... ban large cities.

Dreaded Claymore
06-19-2010, 11:56 PM
:rofl: This is a good idea

Munk
06-20-2010, 12:44 AM
Might need a provision to clearly specify that you cannot increase the capacity of an existing dwelling area.

What if you just found a high capacity dwelling area in the desert? It would be ok THEN right?? Right??

NightOwl
06-20-2010, 5:46 AM
What if you just found a high capacity dwelling area in the desert? It would be ok THEN right?? Right??

Yes, but only for you to live in. You can't sell it, buy it, or transfer it in any way.

I'm more interested in a city rebuild kit. I can still get new city rebuild kits to repair my old/aging city, as long as the rebuild kit is disassembled, right?

creekside
06-20-2010, 3:06 PM
No, the real answer is to ban Hollywood and their movies that show guns, violence and glorify criminals. Since Hollywood is incapable of responsibly making movies that glorify violence, we need sensible laws that regulate Hollywood movies. We're not totally banning movies, just certain types of movies.

Destroy the Entertainment Firearms Permit process and make the Hollywood filmmakers stop:

- portraying unsafe guns (the roster)
- portraying sawed-off shotguns and short barrel rifles
- portraying .50 caliber rifles which are "exceptionally dangerous to public safety"
- portraying machineguns, submachine guns and other military arms

If these are not safe for the regular public to possess, why are we allowing filmmakers to brainwash our children?

I'd love to see some 'friendly fire' between Hollywood and the gun-banners they choose to fund.

yellowfin
06-20-2010, 4:22 PM
I seem to recall some of our founders back in the 1700's saying that large cities are an inherent threat to liberty.

N6ATF
06-20-2010, 5:22 PM
Or just ban government, then nobody is disarmed by tyrants with badges.

skyadrenaline
06-20-2010, 5:32 PM
Nah, I like having my Thai food, Indian food and American food all on the same block.

willm952
06-20-2010, 6:26 PM
Destroy the Entertainment Firearms Permit process and make the Hollywood filmmakers stop:

- portraying unsafe guns (the roster)
- portraying sawed-off shotguns and short barrel rifles
- portraying .50 caliber rifles which are "exceptionally dangerous to public safety"
- portraying machineguns, submachine guns and other military arms

If these are not safe for the regular public to possess, why are we allowing filmmakers to brainwash our children?

I'd love to see some 'friendly fire' between Hollywood and the gun-banners they choose to fund.

But then that'd be logical and we can't have active thinkers running around.
Thinkers and gun-owners. No if we combine the two together, that's what these leftists (see the term leftists passed the the spell checker on Calguns) fear the most. I hope no one here watches American idol right? j/k.

obeygiant
06-20-2010, 7:08 PM

:rofl2:

N6ATF
06-20-2010, 10:50 PM
http://www.corporate-aliens.com/quotes/ltcolbillkilgore.jpg
"I love the smell of maypom in the morning."

yellowfin
06-21-2010, 4:05 AM
Than have the Air Force drop maypom on Berkley,Ca and we can start over. What good would dropping scented oil air freshener on them do?

Roadrunner
06-21-2010, 6:13 AM

It's spelled n a p a l m.