PDA

View Full Version : the anti "dance"

vantec08
06-19-2010, 6:06 PM
http://www.publiusforum.com/2010/06/19/chicago-police-chief-struggles-to-justify-daley-gun-ban/

-By Warner Todd Huston

Mick Dumke of the Chicago Reader had an interesting report on a recent press conference held by Chicago’s Police Chief, Jody Weis. Dumke said that during the presser Weis struggled to “explain how the gun ban is working” for Chicago. In other words, Weis was at a loss to prove that Daley’s unconstitutional actions are working to make the city safer.

According to Dumke the conference went from discussions of how Weis has taken “3,513 weapons” off the streets, that they are using “analytics” to determine where the crime hotspots are in the city, moving on to the claim that the city has a lower over all crime rating, yet to the ultimate fact that even with all this the death toll is still higher than other cities. “Homicides continue to challenge us,” Weis said.

How one goes from claiming that the Mayor’s gun ban is effective yet the murder rate is still so high is anybody’s guess. And that is just the thing, isn’t it? Assaults are up 2.4 percent over last year. Obviously the supposed gun ban is not effective at all if it were this murder rate would be nonexistent.

But, Weis is in an untenable position, we all know. Here he is forced to try and play the happy mouth piece for his political patron something he knows darn well is impossible to justify. But that’s politics, isn’t it? It isn’t about police work or the safety of the people of Chicago, it’s about covering for his boss’s bad political plans.

It’s a pretty shameful display of politics a usual.

Naturally, Weis is stuck trying to shore up Daley’s unconstitutional gun grab because the city soon faces a decision by the U.S. Supreme Court that might invalidate the its gun banning policies.

So, instead of dealing with the failures honestly, Weis has to do a humiliating tap dance in front of the press.

Yep, politics as usual.

sound like any CA Police Chiefs or Sheriffs? hmmmmmmmm

winnre
06-19-2010, 6:26 PM
Being at a loss for words is sure nicer that spouting lies and believing them. Maybe we chinked his armor.

norcal01
06-19-2010, 6:31 PM
I thought I read somewhere that the crime nation-wide tends to follow a trend and that it is currently on the decline throughout our country... If that's true and Chicago is experiencing an increase in assaults then it seems like proof their gun ban is not working... Anyone else know any more about this? I'll try to find the article I read and put it up...

bsg
06-19-2010, 8:27 PM
i'd really want to move to a city where my only choices for home defense would be... rocks, paper, scissors....

lioneaglegriffin
06-20-2010, 12:11 AM
I thought I read somewhere that the crime nation-wide tends to follow a trend and that it is currently on the decline throughout our country... If that's true and Chicago is experiencing an increase in assaults then it seems like proof their gun ban is not working... Anyone else know any more about this? I'll try to find the article I read and put it up...

yes crime is lower across the country, surprising to some because we are in a recession and people tend to get rowdy and desperate when money is tight.

turbogg
06-20-2010, 12:14 AM
^^ yeah that and harsh language, and throw some bottled water at the BG's, that ought to keep you safe.

ALSystems
06-20-2010, 6:35 AM
yes crime is lower across the country, surprising to some because we are in a recession and people tend to get rowdy and desperate when money is tight.
The lower overall crime rate probably has more to do with the aging of America. Most violent crimes are committed by young men (unless they are Calguns members). There are simply fewer of them now since the average age has increased. There are also fewer unwanted births.
These two facts probably explain most of the decrease in the crime rate.

gunsmith
06-20-2010, 8:11 AM
The lower overall crime rate probably has more to do with the aging of America. Most violent crimes are committed by young men (unless they are Calguns members). There are simply fewer of them now since the average age has increased. There are also fewer unwanted births.
These two facts probably explain most of the decrease in the crime rate.

I don't think so, there has been a huge increase in both gun ownership and CCW since the 80's.
I think that is behind the decrease in crime

hill billy
06-20-2010, 11:04 AM
sound like any CA Police Chiefs or Sheriffs? hmmmmmmmm
No, actually, it doesn't. Sheriff's and COP's have the ability to put guns in the hands of honest citizens TODAY, not strapped by any retarded policy they didn't create. Instead they laugh(IE: Baca) when asked if they will ever allow the peons their Constitutional rights.

Your day is coming Baca, you can kick and scream all you want and hopefully in 9 more days or less, it won't amount to a hill of beans.:chris:

N6ATF
06-20-2010, 5:17 PM
Or, you know, Weis could just follow his oath to support the Constitution, and arrest Daley for treason and accomplice to every single crime against a disarmed law-abiding citizen while he has been a criminal-protecting mayor.