PDA

View Full Version : Just got my Limited Edition LWRC M6A2-S... awesome

santacruzstefan
06-19-2010, 6:52 PM
After more than 3 months, she is finally here. And what an awesome gun... now, I've only shot a couple of different AR's, so I don't have much to base it on, but this rifle seems to be top notch quality, and considering what I paid, it better be :D! Anyway, this is the stretch version of the M6A2, so it has a midlength gas system instead of a carbine length. Also, it has a Geissele 2 stage trigger. I had never used a 2 stage, but shooting it today, I found I like it... a little bit of springy take up, then a light and really crisp break, nice. I don't have glass for her yet, probably get a 1-4x scope here in a couple weeks, or continue holding out for the Viper PST, but the Troy BUIS seem pretty good, once I got the hang of them. I wasn't that accurate initially, but once I figure out how to aim with them, I improved a lot... it'll be interesting to see how much I improve over time, and with a scope, esp. considering what I've seen out of other folks' M6A2-S.

All in all, I'm really stoked. Its a nice rifle, surely the first AR of many, and I look forward to practicing and improving. Here are a couple bad pics I took, one of the rifle itself and one blurry one showing the barrel fluting. Will try and post better ones to the gallery later.

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af140/stefanjreich/IMG_0289.jpg

http://i1001.photobucket.com/albums/af140/stefanjreich/IMG_0288-1.jpg

erik18
06-19-2010, 8:06 PM
sick. I love LWRC's...Especially my m6a1-s. I trust my life to that thing.

Gio
06-19-2010, 8:08 PM
Sweet! Glad you decided to stick with the SE ;)

santacruzstefan
06-19-2010, 8:37 PM
Sweet! Glad you decided to stick with the SE ;)

Oh yeah, thats right from that other thread a while back... yeah, I'm glad I did too... either one would've been nice, but this one steps it up a few notches. Plus, now that I have it in my hands, the fluted barrel is really cool; looks way different in person, and knocks some weight off the front end, kind of counteracts that added by the piston system.

Q
06-19-2010, 8:49 PM
Mid-length piston, I like that. Looks like a very nice AR and super accurate with the fluting.

4thSBCT
06-19-2010, 8:54 PM
not really diggin the candy cane barrel

evidens83
06-19-2010, 9:06 PM
Looks and sounds expensive! You have nice taste congrats she's a beauty!

Q
06-19-2010, 9:13 PM

you mean drill bit barrel.;)

Notblake
06-19-2010, 9:14 PM

you mean twizzler barrel?

which I am hot for btw! nice rifle!

Unforgiven
06-19-2010, 9:17 PM

I don't think that went over too good, but I must agree.

SigEquinox
06-19-2010, 9:24 PM
Congrats!!! I'm a huge LWRC fan!

bjl333
06-19-2010, 9:36 PM
AWESOMNESS !!!! Congrats on your new gal .... You need some 10/20s or 10/30s for her to be at her best !! http://www.calegalmags.com/

Have fun & Be safe !!!

4thSBCT
06-19-2010, 10:46 PM
I feel like I should come here to get a hair cut.... ok im done :P

Juice5610
06-19-2010, 11:03 PM
acog 3x

santacruzstefan
06-20-2010, 12:50 AM

you mean twizzler barrel?

which I am hot for btw! nice rifle!

I feel like I should come here to get a hair cut.... ok im done :P

Yeah, yeah, yeah, I know, its different. It kinda looks like those ornamental wrought iron fences, you know, that are all twisted around? Or, as others have said on LWRC's forums, like its some kind of sex toy, but it looks pretty sharp in person. Plus, its not like LWRC is the first company to do spiral fluting, although it does stand out, especially if your looking at a group of AR's. But it helps with cooling, and lightens it up a bit. Plus, I've heard some reports about making it stiffer, but I don't really know anything about that.

AWESOMNESS !!!! Congrats on your new gal .... You need some 10/20s or 10/30s for her to be at her best !! http://www.calegalmags.com/

Have fun & Be safe !!!

Yeah, I got a bunch... I just keep the 10 rounder in when traveling (call me paranoid); neglected to take it out for the pic.

santacruzstefan
06-20-2010, 12:53 AM
acog 3x

Yeah, thats a good idea... a little pricey, but considering what I spent on the rifle, I might as well. I had been looking at the Nightforce 1-4x, but I really wanted to see how the Viper PST is when it gets released... for the price, it might be the best bet. Plus, then I'd have variable power as opposed to the acog's fixed. Tritium is a plus though... accupoint, perhaps?