PDA

View Full Version : IOInc's CASAR isn't the only AK available at Turners

Plo225
06-19-2010, 1:38 PM
Just got back from Turners Signal Hill. Had to bring my CASAR back for a repair order (bent receiver: didn't notice it until I stripped it down) just 5 days after picking it up :( . While I was there, I noticed another AK type rifle on the rack, which wasn't there a week ago. I didn't get a close look at it, but it had a quad railed handguard pre-installed along with a Raddlock, 10/30 mag, and pistol grip. One of the guys behind the counter said it was Romanian. I was kind of having an off-day with my "bent receiver" and all, but seeing that kind of made my day a little better. Just had to share.

Cokebottle
06-19-2010, 2:04 PM
May have been a consignment.
The only AK that they stock is the IO, and the GSG .22lr (thought it was on clearance a few months ago though).

69Mach1
06-19-2010, 2:09 PM
Turners also carries the IO STG2000C, and an AK built by SIA (?). Both of which are also Romanian based. When they start carrying Saiga's, that will be news.

69Mach1
06-19-2010, 2:10 PM
Or it could've been another CASAR with different furniture

Plo225
06-19-2010, 4:06 PM
I don't think it was a CASAR w/ different furniture. The finish of that particular rifle was distinctly different in color (gray parkerized finish, like a CZ-52), compared to the CASAR (dark blue/black). It might be a consignment gun, but I didn't see a listing for it on Turner's website.

robsolo
06-19-2010, 4:09 PM
Turners also carries the IO STG2000C, and an AK built by SIA (?). Both of which are also Romanian based. When they start carrying Saiga's, that will be news.

The SIA is built on an Elk River receiver. I'm not an AK guy so I don't know if that's good/bad.

Plo225
06-19-2010, 4:28 PM
SIA huh? Tried looking it up and came up with a manufacturer called Special Interest Arms. Went to their website, but couldn't seem to find more info on their AK line (just found stuff on 7.62x39 Enfield conversions). But I did find some info here: here (http://www.ak-47.us/Article_Detail.php?g=content1204346768) . Seems to be better built than the CASARs.

69Mach1
06-19-2010, 4:37 PM
Did the mystery AK have dimples in the receiver, just above the magazine well?

Plo225
06-19-2010, 4:50 PM
It was kinda hard to tell from where I was standing, but I think it did.

Maddog5150
06-19-2010, 5:07 PM
Its an Enterprise AK built on a nodak spud reciever with a quadrail. I dont know which mag lock it has on it but we get it that way from Enterprise Arms. I shot one at our sportsfair and it was pretty fun and functioned well but then again, its an AK.

bigthaiboy
06-19-2010, 6:36 PM
Its an Enterprise AK built on a nodak spud reciever with a quadrail. I dont know which mag lock it has on it but we get it that way from Enterprise Arms. I shot one at our sportsfair and it was pretty fun and functioned well but then again, its an AK.

Yes, I saw the Enterprise AK with the rail in Turners as well. It had a grey park finish, and was around the $800 range IIRC.

Timmay
06-20-2010, 9:02 PM
What kind of quad rail was it? I seen one like what you are describing at the Turners in San Marcos.

Plo225
06-20-2010, 11:25 PM
I think the quad rail mounted on the one I saw looked like a UTG from Leapers (one of their "Made in the USA" line). Here's a link to the UTG quad rail: UTG (http://www.leapers.com/prod_detail.php?mitem=mount&level1=AK&level2=&itemno=MNT-T479S&status=&mtrack=2m)

Ryan in SD
06-21-2010, 2:16 AM
Yep i saw the same one at turners, fun to handle those, also some FALs but I think thats old news.

Verci0013
06-21-2010, 12:48 PM
Just got back from Turners Signal Hill. Had to bring my CASAR back for a repair order (bent receiver: didn't notice it until I stripped it down) just 5 days after picking it up :( . While I was there, I noticed another AK type rifle on the rack, which wasn't there a week ago. I didn't get a close look at it, but it had a quad railed handguard pre-installed along with a Raddlock, 10/30 mag, and pistol grip. One of the guys behind the counter said it was Romanian. I was kind of having an off-day with my "bent receiver" and all, but seeing that kind of made my day a little better. Just had to share.

I was looking at it myself a few weeks back, wish I had the funds lol

-hanko
06-21-2010, 2:15 PM
Yep i saw the same one at turners, fun to handle those, also some FALs but I think thats old news.
Here's a recent review of an Enterprise FAL...http://www.falfiles.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=290771

You can definitely do a lot better.

-hanko

twinjetguy
06-21-2010, 3:16 PM
To the OP, you know what is funny? I just recently bought a IO Casar and mine had a bent receiver also!!! I went to pick it up, looked at the guy and said "Is it just me or is that thing bent?". He seemed to think it looked just fine and I was in a hurry.

Ended up field stripping it the next morning and sure enough that thing was bent! Either the receiver was bent, or the whole barrel assembly got mounted in there cock-eyed. Even the piston didn't line up with the chamber. Have to admit, I was pretty bummed about it. It isn't Turners fault though. My friend who works there has always been more than helpful whenever I have a problem with something.

IO really could do something about their repair/replace time though! I returned the gun to them (turners) on June 10th. Talked with my buddy last Thursday and he said their warehouse still hadn't heard anything so plan on a couple more weeks.

ZX-10R
06-21-2010, 4:26 PM
It was a Romy AK with rail etc. Was at Turners in Fountain Valley today and they had one as well for $850? Looked nice...Better looking than the CASAR but was buying a scope I wanted so I did not pay much mind.

arsilva32
10-03-2010, 9:23 PM
yup i got one of those bent casars as well,if there is this many bent ones there must be a problem with these from the factory. looks to me like the barrel block is mounted crooked.

SJgunguy24
10-03-2010, 9:33 PM
The SIA is built on an Elk River receiver. I'm not an AK guy so I don't know if that's good/bad.

Quality receivers, I'll say maybe better then NoDaks. Never had any issues with E.R. at all. the only thing NoDak has is the variety of receivers. I find the E.R. have very smooth actions and zero hammer follow when using G2's

Mail Clerk
10-04-2010, 7:19 AM

Plo225,

Sorry you had to return your "IO"!!!! At least you had something to return back to Turner's....... Yesterday I had my CC in hand and went to the Redondo Beach store and they didn't even have a sample to show me. Only one person at the counter anyway but he was calling the main store to get serial numbers for customers. I can't even see what I want to buy as all one gets is a serial number and allot of paperwork to deal with.

For me it was rather frustrating as I spent good gas to get there and walk away with nothing. It's even more when I'm practically ready to buy and still get nothing. How ganster can one get. Turner's beter get their act together.

Mail Clerk

Ulyses83
10-04-2010, 10:28 PM

hey man, How long IO had ur Rifle for? its been about 3 months now that ive sent mine in for repairs for the same reason and still havent seen it.. bummer!

Mail Clerk
10-05-2010, 2:38 PM
hey man, How long IO had ur Rifle for? its been about 3 months now that ive sent mine in for repairs for the same reason and still havent seen it.. bummer!

Ulyses83,

I'll bet they didn't send it back yet. They want to get a good size pile of em to send back all at once otherwise they spend too much money in shipping charges. If I'm wrong then contact Turner's and get the tracking number for your records and see. My guess is that they won't have a tracking number for that reason only.

Mail Clerk

twinjetguy
10-05-2010, 6:18 PM
You guys have no idea how bad IO is! I returning mine in May to my local Turners. IO received it in June and I STILL haven't gotten it back. I have spoken with IO directly a few times asking them to e-mail me all the info they have, and not one e-mail. I sent them a lengthy e-mail letting them know how horrible I think their customer service and not one reply.

Here we are, it's October, and still no rifle returned. Best advice, go buy a WASR 10-63 for much less and DO NOT buy anything from IO.

Mail Clerk
10-05-2010, 7:15 PM
You guys have no idea how bad IO is! I returning mine in May to my local Turners. IO received it in June and I STILL haven't gotten it back. I have spoken with IO directly a few times asking them to e-mail me all the info they have, and not one e-mail. I sent them a lengthy e-mail letting them know how horrible I think their customer service and not one reply.

Here we are, it's October, and still no rifle returned. Best advice, go buy a WASR 10-63 for much less and DO NOT buy anything from IO.

twinjetguy,

So sorry there giving you the run around!!!! I wonder if Turner's management can get involved on your behalf???/If it's happened to you then I wonder how many others are getting stiffed. As them.... all they can say is no.

Mail Clerk