PDA

View Full Version : Handgun Roster

Donny1
06-19-2010, 10:59 AM
I was reading the sticky thread on the California Safe Gun List.

One of the last entries stated "Everything that is on the list may and probably will remain on the list". That post was from 2008.

I was wondering what is in the works to possibly change the process. What/who to be voting for, etc. As we all know the statement above is not true, or is it?

If they stop paying the fee the gun comes off the roster, correct?

Rant:

This is of course ridiculous. We all know that not paying a fee does not suddenly make a gun unsafe, just as not paying a fee upfront.

I guess I just cant let this go because there is a gun I want to buy that is no different that others that the manufacturer makes and are on the roster except for a cosmetic change. It has LCI and Mag Disconnect.

So why would the manufacturer not submit this model after the others they make are approved and they made it with the "Cal" requirements. The have to submit 3 for testing and pay a fee. Is the fee so high that it's not worth it to sell a few thousand here? Doesn't seem to make sense. I even contacted them and they said they have no plan to submit it.

:confused:

Librarian
06-19-2010, 11:07 AM
Hie thee to the Wiki and read about Pena v Cid (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Pena_v_Cid).

plan-b
06-19-2010, 5:42 PM
And donate to the CGF. Litigating to take down the roster aint gonna be cheap, and if it goes the way we want it to go, it'll be well worth the money.

Donny1
06-19-2010, 8:31 PM
Hie thee to the Wiki and read about Pena v Cid (http://wiki.calgunsfoundation.org/index.php/Pena_v_Cid).

Will Do!

So why would the manufacturer not submit this model after the others they make are approved and they made it with the "Cal" requirements. The have to submit 3 for testing and pay a fee. Is the fee so high that it's not worth it to sell a few thousand here? Doesn't seem to make sense. I even contacted them and they said they have no plan to submit it.

Anyone?

ke6guj
06-19-2010, 9:04 PM
Anyone?

because just because it has an LCI doesn't mean that it has an LCI that CADOJ will accept. And yes, the fees and hassle required to get it listed may be more than they want to deal with.

Donny1
06-19-2010, 9:17 PM
because just because it has an LCI doesn't mean that it has an LCI that CADOJ will accept. And yes, the fees and hassle required to get it listed may be more than they want to deal with.

It's a Ruger 512MKIIIRP, it's the same EXACT lower mechanically as all of their many other approved models.

Greg-Dawg
06-19-2010, 9:27 PM
A Mark II is better, you can find one in the Marketplace.

ke6guj
06-20-2010, 12:01 AM
It's a Ruger 512MKIIIRP, it's the same EXACT lower mechanically as all of their many other approved models.ok, that appears to be the model with the .22/45 lower but with replacable panels. So it isn't the same exact lower as any of their other approved models. Its a different lower than the standard .22/45.

Bottom line, it appears that they don't want to deal with the cost of drop testing and then paying the yearly fees to CADOJ to keep it listed. Expecially since it is so similar to their other .22/45 models. Ruger already pays the fees to list 100+ models, they must fee that it is not cost effective to get that model listed. Anybody that would want an RP would probably just get the standard .22/45 instead.