PDA

View Full Version : It looks like some Chicago folks don't like Mayor Daley either..

Centurion_D
06-19-2010, 8:59 AM
I like how they call him Mayor Richard "King" Daley..haha.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/06/mayor-daleys-newest-disingenuous-gun-argument.html

Mayor Daley's Newest Disingenuous Gun Argument

By Warner Todd Huston

Mayor Richard "King" Daley is at it again, talking through his royal rear-end and simply making things up to push a false theme in order to support his anti-Constitutional gun-grabbing in Chicago.

The Chicago Tribune conducted an interview with his heinous and he uncorked another one of his primo spins on his latest desire to take away his subject's Constitutional right to self-protection: it's the "gun lobby" argument again.

In an interview with the Tribune, Mayor Richard Daley acknowledged an uphill battle against the gun industry, which he described as the most powerful lobby in the United States. Even so, he vowed that in the event residents are allowed to have handguns at home, the city would take steps to ensure that officials can account for the weapons.

Uphill battle against the gun industry? What spin, what glorious spin. There isn't one person, one Supreme Court justice, one gun advocate arguing that Daley's gun-grabbing is wrong because it hurts "the gun industry." The "gun industry" has precisely nothing to do with the reasons that the anti-Daley forces are trying to defeat him.

Yes there are "gun industry" folks helping to foot the bill, NRA folks, too. But there isn't a soul in the country arguing that Daley's anti-Constitutional efforts are mainly wrong because it hurts the economics of gun manufacturers. All the arguments against Daley are based on Constitutional rights to self-protection. No one, anywhere is arguing against Daley on economic grounds. No one.

Yet here is King Daley trying to cast himself in the role of the put-upon, little guy, the poor schmuck having the power and might of the capitalist pigs of industry coming down on his powerless lil' ol' head. Nice spin, Kingie. Nice spin, indeed.

And I like how Daley's argument against the Constitution has morphed over the last few years. Initially he was claiming to be the protector of the City's children by banning firearms in his realm. He was going to save lives in a city constantly on the list of the highest murder rates in the nation (and that quite despite his decades-old gun banning efforts). But now that this spin was defeated all of a sudden Daly is now all worried about his "emergency workers" safety.

Just like a monarch, isn't it? If one royal reason fails, he waves off the royal goof and proclaims a NEW law of the realm to replace it, all as if his failure never happened. Everyday a new monarchical diktat.

All hail King Daley, son of Hizzhonor, five-time taker of bar exams, and mangler of the English language.

bodger
06-19-2010, 9:16 AM
Too bad they can't vote him out. Chicago ballots just seem to have a way of coming up Daley.

Window_Seat
06-19-2010, 9:17 AM
I like how they call him Mayor Richard "King" Daley..haha.

http://www.chicagonow.com/blogs/publius-forum/2010/06/mayor-daleys-newest-disingenuous-gun-argument.html

Mayor Daley's Newest Disingenuous Gun Argument

By Warner Todd Huston

Mayor Richard "King" Daley is at it again, talking through his royal rear-end and simply making things up to push a false theme in order to support his anti-Constitutional gun-grabbing in Chicago.

The Chicago Tribune conducted an interview with his heinous and he uncorked another one of his primo spins on his latest desire to take away his subject's Constitutional right to self-protection: it's the "gun lobby" argument again.

In an interview with the Tribune, Mayor Richard Daley acknowledged an uphill battle against the gun industry, which he described as the most powerful lobby in the United States. Even so, he vowed that in the event residents are allowed to have handguns at home, the city would take steps to ensure that officials can account for the weapons.

Uphill battle against the gun industry? What spin, what glorious spin. There isn't one person, one Supreme Court justice, one gun advocate arguing that Daley's gun-grabbing is wrong because it hurts "the gun industry." The "gun industry" has precisely nothing to do with the reasons that the anti-Daley forces are trying to defeat him.

Yes there are "gun industry" folks helping to foot the bill, NRA folks, too. But there isn't a soul in the country arguing that Daley's anti-Constitutional efforts are mainly wrong because it hurts the economics of gun manufacturers. All the arguments against Daley are based on Constitutional rights to self-protection. No one, anywhere is arguing against Daley on economic grounds. No one.

Yet here is King Daley trying to cast himself in the role of the put-upon, little guy, the poor schmuck having the power and might of the capitalist pigs of industry coming down on his powerless lil' ol' head. Nice spin, Kingie. Nice spin, indeed.

And I like how Daley's argument against the Constitution has morphed over the last few years. Initially he was claiming to be the protector of the City's children by banning firearms in his realm. He was going to save lives in a city constantly on the list of the highest murder rates in the nation (and that quite despite his decades-old gun banning efforts). But now that this spin was defeated all of a sudden Daly is now all worried about his "emergency workers" safety.

Just like a monarch, isn't it? If one royal reason fails, he waves off the royal goof and proclaims a NEW law of the realm to replace it, all as if his failure never happened. Everyday a new monarchical diktat.

All hail King Daley, son of Hizzhonor, five-time taker of bar exams, and mangler of the English language.

I wonder how much blood is on the crown he wears on a "daily basis", and I wonder how much of that blood will be revealed once the ban is lifted and the number of deaths plummet as a result of what's to come...

Erik.

yellowfin
06-19-2010, 12:37 PM
I wonder how much blood is on the crown he wears on a "daily basis", and I wonder how much of that blood will be revealed once the ban is lifted and the number of deaths plummet as a result of what's to come...

Erik.I honestly wish they'd hold him personally liable for all of it.

N6ATF
06-19-2010, 4:23 PM
You can only realistically get one life sentence out of a criminal... though you can try to execute/resuscitate/execute him for the amount of murder victims he created...

press1280
06-20-2010, 3:37 AM
The residents of Chicago(alive or dead) keep putting him back in office. You wonder at what point they'll actually wake up?

gunsmith
06-20-2010, 8:06 AM
corruption is a way of life there, I hope after the Bill Of Rights gets complete incorporation that the problem can be tackled.
Daley needs a long prison term.

microwaveguy
06-20-2010, 8:36 AM
The residents of Chicago(alive or dead) keep putting him back in office. You wonder at what point they'll actually wake up?

In Chicago it is "Vote early and vote often"
The most corrupt places in the US have the most restrictive laws against firearms.

Hogxtz
06-20-2010, 12:52 PM
Daley is tool, and a crook.