PDA

View Full Version : Whats a good indoor pistol range in OC

ih8ca
06-18-2010, 9:37 PM
I want to go and shoot tomorrow. What is a good pistol range to go to. I am in Irvine. I have my own gun and ammo, so that is not an issue. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks

tuna quesadilla
06-18-2010, 9:43 PM
On-Target in Laguna Niguel (off the 5 @ Crown Valley) is probably the closest to you. If you don't mind a slightly longer drive, head up to OC Indoor Range in Brea (off the 57 @ Lambert). It's (IMO) a better place to shoot, less crowded and awesome range officers.

incredablehefey
06-18-2010, 9:43 PM
great people who also do cheep ppt"s and they dont tolerate too much shenanigans

http://www.insightrangeinc.com/

incredablehefey
06-18-2010, 9:44 PM
i know you said in oc but they are on the boarder of Oc and La

turbogg
06-18-2010, 9:59 PM
On Target in Laguna Niguel is a nice place to shoot, and it's close to you. Take the 5 freeway to Avery, it's a little ways past Allen Cadillac.

RedDawn
06-18-2010, 10:47 PM
+1 for the people at Insight Range. Family owned, and they charge a flat $18 IIRC, not by the hour.

DaveFJ80
06-18-2010, 10:48 PM
If you don't mind a slightly longer drive, head up to OC Indoor Range in Brea (off the 57 @ Lambert). It's (IMO) a better place to shoot, less crowded and awesome range officers.

Everytime I've gone to OC Indoor... weekends during the day and evenings, on weekdays in the evenings... it's always busy there. Maybe 1 lane available on each side or all 6 lanes on each side filled up. Not sure if lately more people are going shooting, but the place is packed whenever I go, and gets a little smokey in there (not visibly but I can smell & breath it in).

Good place since it's one of the few indoor ranges you can shoot JHP ammo, but a little smaller & tighter lines to shoot at when others are around you.

Rekrab
06-19-2010, 12:30 AM
OC Indoor is my preference, but you're closer to On Target and I've heard good things about them.

PutTogether
06-19-2010, 1:48 AM
I prefer On Target. Great people.

Black Majik
06-19-2010, 1:49 AM
Definitely On Target.

23 Blast
06-19-2010, 2:59 AM
I'm a regular at Insight range. It's off the 91 at Pioneer, so yeah, kinda far from Irvine, but I really like that place as it's family owned, has a good number of lanes, and the facility is fairly clean and well lighted and ventilated. I like the smell of burnt gunpowder as much as the next guy, but when it's as smoky as an opium den (like one range I went to before) I know it's not just unpleasant, it's a health hazard.

jeffreyliu838
06-19-2010, 3:12 AM
Are there any indoor ranges where you can shoot non .22 rifles? The insight web page doesn't say anything about it, but the indoor ranges I've been too only allow .22 rifles to be shot.

23 Blast
06-19-2010, 4:26 AM
At Insight, any weapon .44mag and below is allowed. I regularly bring my Puma 92 in .357 mag to practice with.

You can also bring your shotgun, but you have to purchase their ammo to shoot out of it.

Oldnoob
06-19-2010, 7:17 AM
OC Indoor is my favor shooting range. I live in LA and willing to drive to Brea for them. Nice friendly people working there and less crazies go there too.

Greg-Dawg
06-19-2010, 7:55 AM
Huntington Beach Firing Line.

den888
06-19-2010, 8:01 AM
Insight in Artesia is good.

Mono
06-19-2010, 9:52 AM
Are there any indoor ranges where you can shoot non .22 rifles? The insight web page doesn't say anything about it, but the indoor ranges I've been too only allow .22 rifles to be shot.

On Target lets you shoot rifles once you've completed one of their safety rifle course. It's offered every Sunday at 10. No biggie.

Even when busy, I've never had to wait for a lane. The guys there are all awesome too. Every year they have a Sig discount day. Just bought another one from them. :D

mjpjr
06-19-2010, 10:50 AM
Everytime I've gone to OC Indoor... weekends during the day and evenings, on weekdays in the evenings... it's always busy there. Maybe 1 lane available on each side or all 6 lanes on each side filled up. Not sure if lately more people are going shooting, but the place is packed whenever I go, and gets a little smokey in there (not visibly but I can smell & breath it in).

Good place since it's one of the few indoor ranges you can shoot JHP ammo, but a little smaller & tighter lines to shoot at when others are around you.
I felt the same when I tried the OC Indoor in brea. Still not a bad place ot go, but thats why I go to Evans now. Not as many lanes, but less crowded, better ventilation, and $18 you can shoot all day. I pay less then $21 for eyes, ears, four targets and a lane with no time limit. You can shoot almost any ammo but Wolf(steel core). Staff has always been friendly, and since its near the Honda center(Arrowhead Pond), lots of good places to get something to eat or drink after a nice day at the range. They also have a small gun store inside and a tactical range they open to the public with special events like Zombie hunter day.:gunsmilie:

hit-man
06-19-2010, 11:09 AM
+1 H.B. Firing Line.

irsasc
06-19-2010, 11:11 AM
+1 Insight

ih8ca
06-19-2010, 4:23 PM
Thanks, I went to On-Target. It was a great place to shoot. The only problem was I kept getting hit by brass the the guy in the next lane. Other than that is was fun.

In_this_city
06-19-2010, 5:38 PM
Insight is where I usually go. Super friendly and the place is clean. Pretty good rental selection too.

Sillyguy
06-21-2010, 11:22 AM
hb firing line.

RedFord150
06-21-2010, 11:37 AM
OC Indoor is my favor shooting range. I live in LA and willing to drive to Brea for them. Nice friendly people working there and less crazies go there too.

+1.