View Full Version : MSAR E4?

06-18-2010, 3:32 PM
For the past year I've been thinking about an MSAR E4 rifle, and have slowly started to fall in love with the Steyr AUG clone made by the good people from Microtech, especially their latest improved version.

So far I like the idea of a compact 5.56 rifle that uses standard AR magazines and has a quick removable barrel with 16" and 20" length availability.

Feedback would be great!

06-18-2010, 3:46 PM
There is a lot of info on here about these, it seems we keep getting this question about once a month for the past few months, use the search button.

I don't have an E4 but I do have an STG556, 1st Gen, sub-100 serial number. The good: very accurate, reliable, very comfortable to shoulder, field stripping is easy, ambitrexious, plenty of rail space, MSAR customer service is amazing. The bad: 16'' barrels make it to short for overall length, check nut makes removing the muzzle brake a pain in the ***, barrels cost half as much as the rifle.

Despite what some people believe, reloading the rifle is not slow, and not hard nor is it awkward. One guy from ARF decided to prove it on Youtube (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBbJhv39IUM).

Toolbox X
06-18-2010, 5:45 PM
I have a Gen 1 STG-556 and a E4.

The Bad
Bullet buttons really suck on the MSAR. They are not easy or fast to use.
16" barrels require a barrel extension or really long flash hider to make the overall length 30".
Lancer and Cammenga mags do not work with the E4. Pmags and normal AR mags do.

The Good
Just about everything if you like the rifle.

06-18-2010, 6:00 PM
It takes me about 5 minutes to trade the Raddlock to the MSAR's stock lever release. Much faster vice versa. The problem is getting the spring in the correct orientation and getting it to stay there long enough to be able to drive the pin through. Similiar to an AK mag release but less finger room.

My understanding of the E4 raddlock is that the removal tool is not sold. You either have to special order it or send it to Ratworx or Radd to have the E4 raddlock removed. Unfortunetly that is about all I know, CG member "Radd" is the creator and he can answer that issue much better.