PDA

View Full Version : Polosi's Challenger; Pro2A, ProCivil Rights, AntiForeign War, Republican John Dennis!

Liberty1
06-18-2010, 11:02 AM
Liberty Candidate marches forward!!

http://www.johndennis2010.com/?ref=nav

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ilX6bNf48XI

bwiese
06-18-2010, 11:38 AM
Not a chance in hell against Pelosi.

Even aside from guns, he's been involved in landlord issues in SF. ~70% of SF residents are renters, so landlords there are less popular than child molesters.

IGOTDIRT4U
06-18-2010, 12:55 PM
Well, it was Liberty1 that supported Rand Paul and said he would win the primary...

Liberty1
06-18-2010, 1:29 PM
Well, it was Liberty1 that supported Rand Paul and said he would win the primary...

I wish that was all I had to do!:D

I think a pro gay rights, anti foreign war Liberty Republican in SF running against Pelosi will make this race interesting...look at that guy from SC winning the Dem Party ticket...a lot of the old rules have been turned upside down this year.

Grakken
06-18-2010, 1:53 PM
its the Sucka Free (San Fran). No way in hell Pelosi loses... but i'll be rooting for anyone BUT her regardless.

berto
06-18-2010, 1:54 PM
Cindy Freakin Sheehan got more votes than the republican and libertarian candidates combined in 2008. Pelosi's received between 76% and 86% of the vote since '88. Relying on SF liberals to turn on their Speaker, and vote republican at that, is folly. The game hasn't changed nearly enough in SF.

Money and effort are much better spent in competitive districts where republican candidates have real shots at winning. Taking back the House removes Pelosi as Speaker.

bluthandwerk
06-18-2010, 1:57 PM
I'll vote for him, though I'm not thrilled about support for the gold standard. He's not going to win, but it would be nice to chip away a little at Pelosi's regular 80% margins.

Foulball
06-18-2010, 2:04 PM

Even aside from guns, he's been involved in landlord issues in SF. ~70% of SF residents are renters, so landlords there are less popular than child molesters.

THIS.

But I wish it wasn't true.

--

Bhobbs
06-18-2010, 4:10 PM
Pelosi lose in the city of her peeps? No way. The only way Pelosi might leave is when she dies but she has been dead for a few years and she still gets re-elected. Modern plastic surgery can work some miracles.

OleCuss
06-18-2010, 4:18 PM
I think Pelosi will soon leave if she loses the Speaker position. Probably get bumped up into an Obama regime position as a reward for her services and to disguise the fact that she can't handle the loss of power in the House.

Window_Seat
06-18-2010, 4:32 PM
Pelosi being who she is should be of concern to ANYONE in ANY PART of this nation:

Hunter apologizes for Pelosi scare (http://www.9news.com/news/article.aspx?storyid=98258&catid=188)

Erik.

CCWFacts
06-18-2010, 4:32 PM
Cindy Freakin Sheehan

Her nickname should be Cindy Shaheed:

http://zombietime.com/gaza_war_protest/IMG_0214.JPG

source (http://zombietime.com/gaza_war_protest/)

jl123
06-18-2010, 6:13 PM
I'll vote for him, though I'm not thrilled about support for the gold standard. He's not going to win, but it would be nice to chip away a little at Pelosi's regular 80% margins.

What's wrong with the gold standard.

Sunday
06-18-2010, 6:17 PM
I really have this scary feeling that as usuall the incumbents will be reelected. I hope I am wrong.

nicki
06-19-2010, 1:50 AM
Conventional wisdom was that Scott Brown would not win the US Senate race in Mass because he is a republican.

John probaly won't defeat Pelosi, but what he will do is force her to run left on social issues.

When she runs left, her values may be attached to other Dems in close races.

Madame Speaker will probaly win, but how many other dems will lose their seats because she is being forced to actually campaign on San Francisco values.

BTW, NeoCons spent 1 million plus to try to defeat John Dennis in the Primary.

They were supporting Dana Walsh who ran against Pelosi last time and didn't even crack 10 percent at the polls.

Last poll John took showed him at 30 percent. When John gets to 40 percent, Pelosi will have to actually campaign.

Nicki

Liberty1
06-19-2010, 1:59 AM
BTW, NeoCons spent 1 million plus to try to defeat John Dennis in the Primary.

They were supporting Dana Walsh who ran against Pelosi last time and didn't even crack 10 percent at the polls.
Nicki

Now that, Bill, is a waste of money!

GM4spd
06-19-2010, 6:25 AM
The good news is that after the Nov elections (when she is reelected)--she won't be the
speaker of the house. Pete

JimWest
06-19-2010, 7:13 AM
When I see what happened to this beautiful state over the last 30 years, I desperately need someone to explain how I slipped into an alternate universe without my noticing. :eek::(:mad:

vantec08
06-19-2010, 7:28 AM
Right, JimWest. I was driving along, keeping up with traffic, when I noticed not as many cars with me. Checked the rear view mirror .. . .. . the state/nation turned hard left back there. Oh well, at least the Road Less Traveled isnt bumper to bumper.

CCWFacts
06-19-2010, 9:10 AM
If Alvin Greene can do it, so can John Dennis!

Seriously, I read his campaign site and I generally like what he says. But Pelosi typically wins by 70% to 80% in her district. In that district, Hamas candidate Cindy Sheehan got 16% of the vote in the Democratic primary! If Pelosi can get 80%, and there are enough far-left / Hamas-supporters to give Sheehan 16%, no one who supports a balanced budget or lower taxes is going to have a ghost of a chance.

loather
06-19-2010, 10:10 AM
[...]no one who supports a balanced budget or lower taxes is going to have a ghost of a chance.

I think you underestimate how furious people are about this. Look at it from their eyes: If they want their entitlement programs to continue, they need to get behind someone who supports a balanced budget. It's only a matter of time until cuts to MediCAL, welfare, etc. are coming down the pipe.

I'd wager that half (or more) of the reason that California has a 12% unemployment rate is because the state rewards those who are unemployed. The rest of the reason is because people are too lazy/proud to do a job they might regard as being "beneath them" -- both situations encourage a lack of personal responsibility.

Anyways, I want to see Pelosi lose. That woman frightens the hell out of me.

CCWFacts
06-19-2010, 11:30 AM
I think you underestimate how furious people are about this. Look at it from their eyes: If they want their entitlement programs to continue, they need to get behind someone who supports a balanced budget. It's only a matter of time until cuts to MediCAL, welfare, etc. are coming down the pipe.

Oh, that's completely obvious, and I'm sure there are some ideological conservatives who are (quietly) happy about what California state and municipal gov'ts are doing to themselves, and also about the Obama blow-out. What is already happening in my city is that revenues are up and yet they are having to cut services, due to pension and salary commitments. This is going to happen in many other cities in CA as well, where people will see they are paying more and more taxes and getting less and less services. It's happening in Los Angeles and SF, where plenty of nurses, cops, and city administrators make > $100k per year, some making over $200k per year. And it's going to happen at the Federal level. We can't keep borrowing > $1tril (> 8% of GDP) a year forever. Eventually we will end up like Greece.

So yeah, obviously, insane borrowing, pension and entitlement commitments will end up destroying the very systems the left-wing is so in love with.

You would think they would care.

They don't, for one simple reason you (and many conservatives) have overlooked: they don't believe in the reality of accounting and finances. Just like the Catholic Church, hundreds of years ago, just could not accept what Galileo was saying, even though the evidence for it was obvious and undeniable, liberals of today can't see that wanton spending and entitlement commitments will utterly destroy their own liberal dream programs.

I'd wager that half (or more) of the reason that California has a 12% unemployment rate is because the state rewards those who are unemployed. The rest of the reason is because people are too lazy/proud to do a job they might regard as being "beneath them" -- both situations encourage a lack of personal responsibility.

Probably true. It will be a great shock to the Dependent Classes if / when the dollar's value is so eroded that unemployment "benefits", Social Security, and Welfare wither away. They voted for it, but they don't understand it.

Anyways, I want to see Pelosi lose. That woman frightens the hell out of me.

I would love to see her lose, also, but the numbers are overwhelming.

dantodd
06-19-2010, 7:50 PM

I thought any Republican was less popular than child molesters in SF. Perhaps Bernie Ward was the only really popular child molester in SF.

nicki
06-19-2010, 8:43 PM
1One indirect benefit the NEOCONs provided John Dennis is that they spent over 1million dollars to try to defeat him.

Thanks to their efforts, the people of San Fran know John is not part of the republican establishment.

There were about 9500 votes casted in the republican primary so that means the establishment spent around 100 dollars for every vote casted to try to ensure a NEOCON who would get no more than 20 percent of the vote would win.

John has 600k in the bank so he can actually run a respectable campaign. His campaign is getting study increases in web traffic.

San Francisco has high population density and it is in the center of the bay. It is well suited for door to door precint walks.

The reality is Pelosi has been lacking on many so called liberal issues. John can beat her up on many issues because no matter what she does, she loses.

If Pelosi is forced to actually campaign, it means campaign dollars shed would direct elsewhere will have to stay with her.

Pelosi will do whatever it takes to win, even if it means the loss of 5 to 10 house seats.

If that happens, John may lose, but we win. John's race could move things enough that the dems could lose the house.

Right now I figure Pelosi will have to at least match John Dennis with funds. I expect she will try to outspend him by a 10 to 1 ratio. This much spending will turn the race into high profile which will benefit John.

We are the wobbler, Pelosi will attack John on guns right at the time the Sykes case should be coming out.

If you don't like Pelosi, help John.

Nicki