PDA

View Full Version : Black gun shop near Sacramento?

JC Smith
06-18-2010, 7:22 AM
A few weeks ago I found the websites of two gun shops near Sacramento that advertised a lot of AR parts. I think one was north of town, maybe in Roseville? And the other was south of Hwy 50. I canít recall the name of either one and now I canít find their websites. They had pictures of their shops and directions to get there. Anyone know who they might be? As I said, they both appeared to be a good place for AR parts and accessories, magazine rebuild kits, etc. I think one guy had a booth at the Antioch gun show last month. Thanks.

secutor
06-18-2010, 7:39 AM
You're probably thinking of Sacramento Black Rifle on Auburn Blvd in Citrus Heights.
http://www.sacramentoblackrifle.com/

emah
06-18-2010, 7:48 AM
Norse armory

jman
06-18-2010, 7:50 AM
Probably the two best black rifle shops in the Sac area are River City Gun Exchange (south of hwy 50, off of higway 99) and TDS Guns in Rocklin (exit Rocklin Rd, off hwy 80 just past Roseville).

rromeo
06-18-2010, 9:25 AM
Sacramento Black Rifle is great, but they're not an FFL, so you need to get lowers someplace else.
I've been to River City a bunch and bought a few guns from them. Good place in my book.

ISTALINI
06-18-2010, 10:20 AM
wild bills old west trading co.

sells lowers, uppers, parts and complete ar's
i dont know if at competitive prices but they are there

NorCalDustin
06-18-2010, 10:54 AM
Sacramento Black Rifle is great, but they're not an FFL, so you need to get lowers someplace else.
I've been to River City a bunch and bought a few guns from them. Good place in my book.

+1 to that...

God Bless The Mauser
06-18-2010, 12:01 PM
TDS Guns is in Rocklin.

ChrisTKHarris
06-18-2010, 12:15 PM
Tactical Defense Survival - Granite Bay
Golden State Tactical - Fair Oaks
Sacramento Black Rifle - Citrus Heights
River City Gun Exchange - Fruitridge near 99
Cordova Shooting Center - North Sunrise

AirborneStranger
06-18-2010, 12:27 PM
River City Gun Exchange is an awesome place. Don't go in there when you have a lot of money to blow though, I made that mistake and walked out with an AMD-65 :D

Dragunov
06-18-2010, 1:22 PM
Guns n' stuff and Just guns in N.Highlands both sell EBRs and EBR parts.

ShootinMedic
06-18-2010, 1:32 PM
Sacramento Black Rifle has lots of rebuild kits for great prices (Magpul) and lots of other evil stuff. Wild Bills, River City Gun Exchange, and Just Guns all have EBRs. I think The Gun Room has them too. I haven't been to TDS or Golden State Tactical but have heard of them.

Good Hunting!

ISTALINI
06-18-2010, 1:41 PM
Sacramento Black Rifle has lots of rebuild kits for great prices (Magpul) and lots of other evil stuff. Wild Bills, River City Gun Exchange, and Just Guns all have EBRs. I think The Gun Room has them too. I haven't been to TDS or Golden State Tactical but have heard of them.

Good Hunting!

last time i checked the gun room doesn't have any thing AR related, i asked one of the employees and he said manager wants it to be a "family friendly store, and not so intimidating"

also since the expansion of wild bills, that place has a ton of selection.

ZombieTactics
06-18-2010, 1:44 PM
Tactical Defense Survival (TDS) in Rocklin, right off of Hwy 80 is very capable of handling EBR stuff. They don't stock hunting stuff at all, really. VERY friendly and helpful staff. They're sometimes a bit busy, but you won't be treated better anywhere in the area.

Just Guns in Sacramento is coming up to speed, but their stock of EBR stuff is a bit on the light side presently.

Jerkdog
06-18-2010, 7:06 PM
JK Supply in Ione...

JC Smith
06-18-2010, 7:34 PM
Thank you. I'm pretty sure Sacramento Black Rifle was one of them. I don't recognize any of the others. The other one I'm thinking of is south of 50 and east of 99. They had a picture of their store on their website, an outside shot of the building. Thanks again... really appreciate the help.

ChrisTKHarris
06-18-2010, 8:25 PM
Thank you. I'm pretty sure Sacramento Black Rifle was one of them. I don't recognize any of the others. The other one I'm thinking of is south of 50 and east of 99. They had a picture of their store on their website, an outside shot of the building. Thanks again... really appreciate the help.

East of 99 would be Wild Bills which is right across the street from The Gun Room (not BR friendly).

telcolineman
06-18-2010, 9:20 PM
Wild Bills and The Gun room are in Elk Grove technically

Swift Justice
06-18-2010, 9:48 PM
The Gun Room in Elk Grove carries no EBR rifles or stuff at all, and while you can shoot .22 rifles at the indoor range, you cannot shoot any evil looking .22 rifle there. No GSG's, No Colt-Umarex's, even 10/22's with T-6 stocks are not allowed. Certainly no EBR's with a .22 conversion kit or .22 dedicated upper. Think of the children!

You can, however, shoot a Walther G22 there. A futuristic looking bullpup rifle with a red dot scope is less evil than a 10/22 with a pistol grip stock. Go figure.

guest0720
06-18-2010, 10:05 PM
your probaly thinking of LCG ar parts. website is www.armas-ak.com

Arteel
06-18-2010, 10:50 PM
I believe the Gun Room changed that policy to where you can shoot your evil looking rifles, as long as it is a dedicated rimfire (read: no conversion kits).

The Gun Room in Elk Grove carries no EBR rifles or stuff at all, and while you can shoot .22 rifles at the indoor range, you cannot shoot any evil looking .22 rifle there. No GSG's, No Colt-Umarex's, even 10/22's with T-6 stocks are not allowed. Certainly no EBR's with a .22 conversion kit or .22 dedicated upper. Think of the children!

You can, however, shoot a Walther G22 there. A futuristic looking bullpup rifle with a red dot scope is less evil than a 10/22 with a pistol grip stock. Go figure.

Linus
06-18-2010, 10:56 PM
Sac Black Rifle (http://www.sacramentoblackrifle.com/)
RC gun exchange (http://www.rcgunex.com/)
Golden State tactical (http://www.goldenstatetactical.com/)

Swift Justice
06-19-2010, 6:37 AM
I believe the Gun Room changed that policy to where you can shoot your evil looking rifles, as long as it is a dedicated rimfire (read: no conversion kits).

That would be a welcome change.

Last time when I took both my G22 and my 10/22 when I had just done the T6stock conversion (about 6 months ago), they would not let me shoot the 10/22. When I told the employee it was just a 10/22, he said it didn't matter - It looked too evil and I couldn't shoot it there. I've since shifted most of my shooting to Sac Valley - I believe in voting with your $$.

I used to go the Gun Room quite a bit (its 3 miles away) and would often take the G22 as the wife likes to shoot it. They never had a problem with it - of course there are always a couple of them in stock for sale in the store...

dpr
06-19-2010, 7:03 AM
The guys ar TDS are great!

JC Smith
06-19-2010, 7:55 AM
your probaly thinking of LCG ar parts. website is www.armas-ak.com (http://www.armas-ak.com)

That's it! That's the other one I was looking for. Thank you. You guys in Sacramento are sure lucky. You've got a lot of great shops in your area.

45R
06-19-2010, 2:27 PM
Don't waste your time at Wild Bill's. The customer service is terrible. (I've been there
more than a few times)

ChrisTKHarris
06-19-2010, 2:42 PM
Don't waste your time at Wild Bill's. The customer service is terrible. (I've been there
more than a few times)

Agreed. I remember when I was looking for my DDM4 I called them up and they really didn't know too much. Every time I asked a question the lady on the phone would turn around and ask a guy (her husband probably). This went back and forth for a while, I decided to go somewhere where they actually knew the products they were selling.

77bawls
06-19-2010, 4:35 PM
River city gun exchange doesn't have much for AR parts.

97F1504RAD
06-19-2010, 5:06 PM
If you want to drive a little further there is also JKSupply in Ione.

Ryan is a first class guy and will take care of your needs as well.

45R
06-19-2010, 5:10 PM
Chris at least try talked to you. The husband does not even say hello when your standing right in front of him.

77 RCGE has quite a bit of stuff. I was there last week and they had quite a "few" accessories.

starsekr
06-21-2010, 9:01 AM
TORO Arms and Norse Armory in Woodland. Both nice people to deal with, shops are small (not enough room to swing a cat,)neither seems to display a huge amount of stuff, but they have the access. They both only charge $25 for out of state transfers, where River City quoted me $75. Did a FTF transfer at Norse with a long time Cal Gunner and he said it was the fastest, easiest transfer he ever did.

vankman
06-21-2010, 9:22 PM
+1 TDS
+1 River City

slayant
06-22-2010, 1:28 AM
I've received great customer service from RCGE and Golden State Tactical.